Starting the Harcombe Diet on Monday 1st November

http://www.minimins.com/members-only-diaries/66137-mommybs-ponderings-week-4-weigh-829.html

Here is my diary should you ever have trouble sleeping !! LOL

Earlier this year I read a book called 'overcomming overeating' which basically encourages you to stop dieting and you'll stop comfort eating. I have to say that alhough over the year i have put on almost a stone,it's the best thing I have ever done. It has finally put my head in the right place and given me a more 'normal' relationship with food. Since i read it in march i have only had 1 binge,which used to be an almost daily event !! Now that my head is in the right place an I have found such a brilliant diet I feel like there's no stopping me !!

Hi Caroline

I have found you! lol

I think Mommy B has given you the best outline for the first five days. I certainly think it is a lot easier than the first five days on a VLCD. If you try not to overdo the carbs over the weekend you may find it easier when you start THD.

Good luck to Jacsprat too. I am sure you both will love it.

Pam xxx

Have just ordered the book and am looking forward to starting. Although I may start tomorrow as the first 5 days look pretty much simple and easy to follow, from the info that I have seen on here and off of the website. Have managed to put on 13lbs since finishing the lighter life diet so need to nip it in the bud before I put anymore weight on, or I'll end up putting all of the six stone on that I lost and probably more. Good luck for Monday :) x

Im off out to get the books on Monday and start THD next week !!

Good for you, Bevy. Nipping it in the bud is the best way to go. I wish I had done that when I was putting weight on after LL but I was not in a good place at the time.

Hi Kittykat

Long time no see.:)

Good luck both of you.

Pam xxx

Good luck kittykat :)
Thanks Caroline, yeah I had a quick look to see what I had in the house so here is what I'm hoping to have and stick to for tomorrow.
Breakfast....either 2 boiled eggs or scrambled eggs
Lunch....roast chicken with salad
Dinner....Fish..veg and salad
and lots of water so it looks like I'll be running to the loo all day again lol
I'm going to try not to snack as that seems to be my downfall once I start it's difficult for me to know when enough is enough :(
Thanks Pam I wish I had nipped it in the bud a little earlier but kept convincing myself that a few extra pounds was okay so hopefully this way of eating will help x

50g raw weight. doesnt look alot when you see it, but it goes a long way

I must admit that I have always allowed 50g dry weight per person whenever I have cooked rice so it is an average size portion. As brown rice takes longer to cook you could always cook, say, 150g at once, use one third and then keep the rest in the fridge and then warm it up as you need it.

Pam xxx

So how have you got on today Bevy? Have you started?

I was hoping for a lie in tomorrow.....the method in my madness was less time to eat if I was still in bed. However, sadly my daughters car 'died' yesterday (failed MOT badly) so I now have to get up at 7am to take her to work!!!

So how have you got on today Bevy? Have you started?

I was hoping for a lie in tomorrow.....the method in my madness was less time to eat if I was still in bed. However, sadly my daughters car 'died' yesterday (failed MOT badly) so I now have to get up at 7am to take her to work!!!

I have started and I got on really well with it today, so I'm hoping the following weeks are just as easy. Although I have a horrible feeling that I'm getting a cold and sore throat so that's not good

It's not madness it makes perfect sense to me I do it to lol

So did I!

Good luck all of you. Would you believe my 93 year old mother has decided to start THD today. :eek: I dont know how she will get on but she is quite determined.

Have a good day

Pam xxx

That is very weird!
Although what i thought was going to be a simple cold is turning into flu i think. Have been feeling terrible since last night. I'm hoping it's just a 24 hour bug.
Wow at your mother good luck to her!! :)

Hi everyone

I too started today. I have such a headache (maybe I need to drink more?) I read in the book that common side effects in the first stage are headaches and flu like symptoms.

I cannot stop thinking about food! Although I must confess I don’t feel hungry at all. I really use sugar as a quick “pick me up” especially around 4pm. Just to get me through the childrens tea time, bath time etc..

Good luck to everyone starting.. I hope to lean on you all for support, especially in the next 4 days!!!

That is very weird!
Although what i thought was going to be a simple cold is turning into flu i think. Have been feeling terrible since last night. I'm hoping it's just a 24 hour bug.
Wow at your mother good luck to her!! :)

Thanks, Bevy.

I think the flu like symptoms are all part of the diet but by day 5 you should be feeling fine.

Mum has just eaten what I have put in front of her and I have not had a peep out of her.;)

Hi Mother of 2, the headache is most probably part of the detoxing, carb or caffiene withdrawal. Keep at it as it is so worth it.

Pam

Hi Everyone,

I owe you all an apology!!! I've not started the diet today after all!! I woke up with a terrible hangover and a massive craving for carbs. Anyway, no booze today and am definitely starting tomorrow......I promise!!

Looking forward to seeing what you you new starters have eaten today and hope you're not hungry??

P.S Pam your Mum really makes me laugh - she's amazing! x

good luck for tomorrow, i will be starting too, looking forward to getting the first few days over with and feeling better than i do right now after eating my normal rubbish :eek:

Back