Starting the Harcombe Diet on Monday 1st November

Hi Susie, good luck to you too!
I also have been feeling really awful since coming back from my Summer holiday, and, its all my own fault! Too many carbs, far too much alcohol and no exercise!!! :(
I hate being out of control like this because it affects my moods so badly! So roll on tomorrow and a new positive me x

good luck Caroline-deja vue !!!

Hi Susie, good luck to you too!
I also have been feeling really awful since coming back from my Summer holiday, and, its all my own fault! Too many carbs, far too much alcohol and no exercise!!! :(
I hate being out of control like this because it affects my moods so badly! So roll on tomorrow and a new positive me x

I'm in that place too Caroline, so fed up & cross with myself - hate the way i feel and not really enjoying my food but can't stop eating! I need to be in control again & I can't do it with a calorie controlled style of diet, I need rules & regulations & to see results - so am really looking forward to giving this a try

Thanks everyone for your good wishes! Madam Dotty looking forward to us supporting each other.

Woop woop I've done it I've finally started!!!!!!!

Just had very nice bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast and a herbal tea! Am really going to miss my double sized mug of builders tea in the morning but, the herbal tea I have is not too bad!
I'm off to take my pup in the park later (can't walk far as I am just getting over an op on my achilles tendon) but it will certainly count as a little exercise. I've got some weights that I've just put in the kitchen and plan to try and do some arm exercises to try and tone up my hideous bat wings.....thought that if I put them in the kitchen I could use them whilst waiting for the kettle boil, veg cooking etc.

I know I've only been up since 7.30 this morning so I've only been on the plan for 3 hours but, I can't tell you how much happier I feel to be getting my life back into some sort of order - I do so hope I can stick to this!!!!

I've just noticed Karens ticker saying we have 1 month, 3 weeksand 2 days until Christmas..........incentive or what?

You are sounding super duper positive hun..... well done!!!!

Let us know how your soup goes... would like to give that one a go methinks!!

I love your "weights" idea!! Hope your achilles tendon heals soon - ouch!!!!

What you having for dinner tonight?

Yayy you've started, you sound so upbeat and positive - it's great :D

Enjoy your meals today :)

Can we have fruit tea or does it have to be herbal like chamomile etc? and what about Rooibos, which is what I tend to drink anyway these day - thanks :D

Hi Jan you can have any fruit or herbal tea and Rooibos is included too.

Well done Caroline on getting started. That is a good idea with the weights. I have treated myself to a skipping rope. :eek:

I think this diet works because you dont feel deprived of anything.

Good luck for Day 2.

Pam xxx

Wow Pam....a skipping rope, thats very brave of you!!! Have you used it yet?
What is Rooibos?

Lol, Caroline

No I have not tried it yet because I can just imagine what comments M will make. If my back was not so painful I could try it now as he has gone out.

Rooibos is red bush tea. I think it comes from South Africa. There are quite a few brands. Some people love it and some cant stand it.

Pam xxx

Well I've made the carrot and coriander soup minus the cream and it is gorgeous......though I say it myself! I'm not actually missing my alcohol as much as I thought I would but I would love a diet coke!!

In an ideal world about 6 stone OMG that seems like so much.......I cannot believe how my weight has crept up over the years, I was nearly 8 stone lighter on my wedding day than I am now! I'd been on Tenuate Dospan (slimming pills) then to get slim for my special day, they drove me bonkers - I was doing my housework at 3 in the morning as I was so edgy and couldn't sleep!! Fortunately, they have been banned now

One of the reasons that I am so determined to lose weight now is because I had to have surgery on my ankle 7 weeks ago, and I'm sure it has taken me much longer to recover from the op because of all the extra weight I was carrying! Using crutches was a nightmare and for the 1st week I was in a wheelchair and was quite mortified and embarrassed if someone apart from my hubby had to push me!! I am still struggling to get up from a low sofa or from off the floor, and if I don't get some weight off and become fitter I can see me having serious problems in the future with back, hip and knee problems!

Well it sounds like you have the motivation... Its lovely being able to have a glass of wine at the weekend... I have decided its not actually a diet...its the only time I have understood the 'its a lifestyle change' mantra that everyone trots out... I absolutely know I cannot mix protein and carb and I should never eat wheat again...

I too have gone the tenuate dospain route and lighter life and virtually every other diet there is.. I have also run marathons to try and keep my weight down lol... 6 years ago I weighed about 15 stone 10lbs and got down to 8st something... I am around 11 stone or just under on a good day.. I have been up and down by 2 stone plus for the last five years and totally totally believe that depriving ourselves makes for binge eating going forward. For me around 9st 5lbs is my dream weight...so watch this space...

Very best of luck lovey...it sounds like you are on the way...

Katie x

Ok, so my heads beginning to thump now its most probably withdrawal symptoms from alcohol more than anything else, as I have been having a glass of wine or two virtually every night for weeks now!!!!! I could also kill for something sweet.............fortunately there are no sweets or biscuits in the house but, on other diets if I felt like this then I would normally have a banana or Hi Lites hot chocolate drink! Yum what I would give for one of those now. I think I might have to have a lovely bubble bath and read up on the HD recipe book in bed to distract me from thinking about food!!!

So its a been good day today.....busy so no time to think of food! I've just joined the official Harcombe Diet site, so once dinners over I'm going to sit and have a nosey on there to see what inspiration and tips I can get!!

Hubby has just been terribly cruel and poured himself a large G and T but, fortunately I'm feeling rather righteous at the moment so I will NOT be tempted!!!!
Hope everyone else has had a good day x

My day has been pretty good thanks and you are sounding focused-go you !!
Dont worry the righteous feeling will continue-fired by your success !!

Have to admit my hubby-who is built like a racing snake, is very supportive !!

Back