Starting tomorrow - any tips?

LastEverDiet

Silver Member
Hi all
I am so excited to start my Exante packs in the morning - I've had them for a few days but already had some meals out booked so have been waiting impatiently for tomorrow! I'm a bit nervous about getting through the first week but have read several of the diaries on here on they're so inspiring, I'm determined that I'm going to do it!
So, anything that might make those first few days easier for me?
Thanks for your expert advice!!!

Hi LastEverDiet and welcome to Exante!! My tip would be plenty of water little and often, it gets me through hunger pangs. Look forward to day 4 and push through - it'll take you til about then to reach fat-burning and once that kicks in it'll be alot easier. Finally, and possibly my biggest recommendation - is keep posting on here! The support is fantastic and you'll gather a group of buddies who are going through exactly the same as you. I'm on day 4 now so you're not far behind me and my buddies :)
Good luck and well done for making a choice for yourself!

doublehappy xxxx

Thanks doublehappy!
Thats great advice to keep focused on day four, after all what's four days of discomfort compared to a lifetime of being slimmer! Four days doesn't seem too overwhelming, and also I'll have a new flavour shake/ soup each day so hopefully that will keep me going!
Thanks for the welcome
xxx

just go for it... dont think about it too much and just do it!! best way... i remember my first week i thought i was going to die of starvation i could have literally ate the grass outside... and now ive hit target and i dont even feel like im on a diet... exante is normal to me now

water, water and more water!!

Drink water throughout the day.
Have early nights for the first week! To stop you craving foods in the evening :D
Oh and stay off the scales til the end of the week, scale-hopping is bad!

Find lots of things to distract you that don't involve going near the kitchen / fridge / food for the first week. Things like painting your nails, going for a nice walk, maybe a good new book to read, anything that will keep you out of mischief and not leave you space to think about eating! (and water, water, water as the others say :) )

My packs arrived today and I started at lunch time, been on atkins last few days. I just had thai chicken, not too sure if i'll be ordering that one again thought.... hummm

hi crims - just read your post and noted that you have just about the same as me to lose. it's not much, considering how well some people do here. I've tried before, but I can't seem to stick with it - but really hoping to this time. around 14-16 pounds just doesn't seem impossible!!

Hi mumbles, great maybe we can chat to each other to keep us going. I did LT and got down from 12st to 9st11 at lowest but stabilised at 10st4 which I wasn’t totally happy with ever. But recently I’ve shot up again so this time I’m aiming to get well into the 9’s, my idea goal would be 9st.

Hi Crims - found you! I get muddled with all the posts. I need to get to around 9.2, which is just about where I've always felt happiest. The last year or two have gained around a stone and a half, and I've just tried a pair of trousers that were tight last year - I can even do them up! It's bad. I really hope I can do this this time. Don't know if you read my other post, I have a problem with white wine, don't drink too much, but once I have a few glasses all willpower disappears. I need to give up the wine too. I'm on Day 2 of Exante, and Day 3 on the TT. Hope for the best. These forums are a help, and I intend to come here oftener. You did well in the past, well over 2stone to go from 12stone. You can do it again. We'll do it together, with help from the others here. Aren't they inspirational?

Hi Crims - found you! I get muddled with all the posts. I need to get to around 9.2, which is just about where I've always felt happiest. The last year or two have gained around a stone and a half, and I've just tried a pair of trousers that were tight last year - I can even do them up! It's bad. I really hope I can do this this time. Don't know if you read my other post, I have a problem with white wine, don't drink too much, but once I have a few glasses all willpower disappears. I need to give up the wine too. I'm on Day 2 of Exante, and Day 3 on the TT. Hope for the best. These forums are a help, and I intend to come here oftener. You did well in the past, well over 2stone to go from 12stone. You can do it again. We'll do it together, with help from the others here. Aren't they inspirational?

Yes, I was pleased with my results the first time, and tbh I know it was hard to do but in a way it was easier because there were no grey areas at all. you just didn't have a choice, you just drank the shakes and water.

I've survived day one, including the girls in my office eating cakes and chrisps! :cry:

I find this forum very comforting, every one knows how you feel, the good and the bad which is great.

Im aiming to be a size 8-10. I can only dream what that must feel like, I would like to buy skinny jeans and tight dresses.....

What will you do when you reach your goal? I think a new dominoes stuffed crust pizza haha

Thanks for all the tips girls! Well its day one and I've started off with a pint of water and a green tea, about to make my first milkshake for breakfast... wish me luck! :D

Good luck........... :)

Good luck :eek: In moments of weakness just sit down and remember the reason you started this journey. That's what got me through the first week and now it seems easy and I'm only on Day 8!!! It will be worth it in the end :D

how did your first day go?

Hi Crims
Well, I got through it! Really hungry in the morning but not so bad now, just had the last of my tomato and basil soup (boak) and ready for bed. How did your day go? What did you have and how was it... better than the thai chicken I hope - have not heard good things about that one from anyone!

Hi I had strawberry this am, I split my pack in two. First one at 8am at my desk, second at about 10... But one of my colleagues guessed it might be a slimming drink. I said no, it was a smoothie.... Hum yeah right. I'm just not ready for opinions to be cast if you know what I mean...

At 12 I had Tom and basil soup and I actually enjoyed it! Didn't mind it at all. At around 8 I had a hot chocolate one. I whisked it up nicely in the blender.

I'm in bed now though, and I walked the dogs this eve, rode my horse and hoovered. Not exactly a banging Friday....

Tomorrow will be tough as I'm out all day! Eeek I am going to swing by tescos and pick up some bars. I read here they do ones which are ok and they will maybe do for lunch tomorrow x

Forgot to say, what's your weekend like? Ideally I would hide away, but out both days!

Hi Crims
That sounds like a great Friday night - not too much food temptation! I was in bed by 9.30 with a rumbling tummy :eek:
Have got a pretty quiet weekend planned, that was one of the reasons I decided to start yesterday, as not expecting to feel too good for a few days! Off to the cinema today which is great cos I've never liked cinema food, so no temptation there!
Let me know what the tesco bars are like - I had the choc orange exante bar yesterday and it wasn't too good so might just go for shakes/soups (or just shakes) in future and buy the bars separately.
Know what you mean about telling people about the diet - I'm off work at the moment so have only had to tell family and friends but my mum was very disapproving, despite her constant 'subtle' comments about how I need to lose weight!!! Argh can't win ;)
Right, off to experiment with a vanilla coffee smoothie!

Back