Starting Tuesday 18th - Looking for a support buddy

Tracy, well done on your loss.

Annie - super result too. Onwards and downwards as they say!!!

My first weigh in is tonight!!!

Tracy, well done on your loss.

Annie - super result too. Onwards and downwards as they say!!!

My first weigh in is tonight!!!

THANKS! and all the very best of luck for tonight. X

Hello,

Just been following this as I started last Wednesday - I lost two stone a few years ago but due to illness I ended up putting it all back on. I'm not weighing myself as it's something I tend to get obsessed about and I don't want to follow a number on the scales!! I have got a lot to lose and the only thing I find difficult is not being able to chew - has anyone here tried something like chewing a few bits of cucumber when the cravings get really bad? I'm considering trying it but I don't want to ruin the diet! Thanks :)

I don't think I could cope with that, it's a bit like chewing gum, my stomach would be expecting me to feed it! Lol. I'm sure someone on here can tell you about the best thing to chew on though if that's what you need to get you through. Good luck. X

Hmmm that's a good point I didn't think of it like that, plus knowing me a few bits of cucumber would very quickly turn into a bag of crisps! Cheers for the advice x

Feeling guilty now, I wasn't trying to talk you out of it, whatever works for you is good and yes I'm sure you can find something that satisfies but it depends if you're doing ss or ss+, as to if you can have additional food.
I'm better off having nothing as I have the same problem when the fridge door opens, it's not exactly celery that jumps into my mouth! Lol. X

Oh no no don't be silly it was exactly the advice I was looking for! I'll know it's there if I get desperate but I managed to resist so far today :) I am doing sole source - lemon yoghurt bar for brekky then a soup for lunch and dinner. The only thing I add is a little bit of hot sauce as I find that makes me drink it slower! And luckily water isn't a problem for me, I have a 2 litre bottle of sparkling water that gets me through the day, a coffee in the morning and a can with coke zero with dinner. It really is just the chewing but you're absolutely right it would be just like chewing gum, my belly would think it was getting fed! Can I ask how much you've lost so far? Like I said i'm not weighing myself but I do feel lighter, if that makes sense! x

Hi guys, how you all getting on? Im struggling with the water malarky only managed 1 litre today. Are we allowed diet coke? Or a drop of sugar free dilute? X

I really felt the need to chew as well, so picked up the peanut bars for lunch for this week. It did make a difference at lunch today. I made a sit down meal for my hubby and two (not a pick of fat on them....grrr) daughters, and I had my wee bowl of Cambridge soup. I'm so ashamed that I've allowed myself to get so enormous.

I had my first weigh in yesterday morning and was really surprised to find out I've lost 11lbs. Wasn't expecting that at all so it's really given me the enthusiasm to stick with it. It's definitely getting easier as each day goes by, felt a little wobbly this afternoon but had a shake and a cuppa and it's now a lot better. I've got a really busy week so I also find that helps. X

They say no to diet coke because of the citric acid, you're allowed coke zero though if that helps. I'm trying to teach myself to like sparkling water so there's actually something at the pub I can ask for!! Lol. X

Hello, Just been following this as I started last Wednesday - I lost two stone a few years ago but due to illness I ended up putting it all back on. I'm not weighing myself as it's something I tend to get obsessed about and I don't want to follow a number on the scales!! I have got a lot to lose and the only thing I find difficult is not being able to chew - has anyone here tried something like chewing a few bits of cucumber when the cravings get really bad? I'm considering trying it but I don't want to ruin the diet! Thanks :)

Gemma to be honest I haven't had any cravings at all. I am in my first week, a carb, chocolate and junk junkie.

First weigh-in = 8lbs down. Not bad for pmt week!!!!

WELL DONE! Great result.

They say no to diet coke because of the citric acid, you're allowed coke zero though if that helps. I'm trying to teach myself to like sparkling water so there's actually something at the pub I can ask for!! Lol. X

Anne,

How do you cope at the pub? I'm going on holiday in 3 weeks and KNOW that I'll be drinking. Any suggestions? I thought instead of wine to put coke zero into a spirit.

Anne, How do you cope at the pub? I'm going on holiday in 3 weeks and KNOW that I'll be drinking. Any suggestions? I thought instead of wine to put coke zero into a spirit.
I haven't had any alcohol yet, only some wine the other night together with a fridge raid! This is the most difficult bit for me as I am quite a social creature and I'm generally out with friends quite a bit. We're told that we can't have diet coke, pubs rarely serve anything else, so at the minute I'm completely abstaining and just having bottled sparkling water. Someone has told me though that if it's a life and death situation, one of the options is to have a flavoured vodka with soda, no fruit obviously. I understand that it's dangerous to drink when in ketosis though due to kidney damage so you must eat too. (Bonus!) I'm not saying it was recommended, just the lesser of two evils. I may try it on Saturday and see how I go. X

Back