Starting Tuesday 18th - Looking for a support buddy

I know what you mean. Food terrifies me, I have absolutely no self control around it. It really does worry me that when I'm off this diet I'll be able to control myself. I don't seem to be able to just eat a normal portion of food and then stop. Think I need to join over eaters anonymous or something!!! X

Anne, my downfall is crisps. I'm not such a fan of biscuits... but I can scoff down a family size bag of crisps in one go. I then get disgusted with myself, but could easily open a second big bag..which I've done on many an occasion. I'm frightened of going on to one meal a day, putting on any weight that I've lost and just giving up. It's making me feel like starving myself, but I know that I need to see it through. Secret Eaters would have a field day with me. xx

Haha, I'm actually in the process of having my kitchen knocked about and currently have no doors on any of the units. All the crisps and goodies are on show, I've just made a cuppa while staring at a packet of coconut macaroons. I swear they were talking to me! My self control is amazing. Lol.
I'm just a complete binge eater, I'm fine while I have nothing, but once I start I just can't stop. I need to learn how to be satisfied with just eating a normal portion instead of just carrying on till bursting point. It's like I suffer from the Christmas dinner syndrome everyday!! Lol. Not good!! X

Crikey Anne, it is as though it's me writing your posts not you (if that makes sense?). I am exactly the same...ALL or nothing. However today for some absurd reason, after being as good as good can be, I took a huge bite out of a slice of chocolate cake...:ashamed0005:, thankfully throwing the rest of it in the bin. Gosh it was nice...eeeek! Here I was thinking I'm amazing, yup, nailed it for sure, I baked a cake, didn't even lick the spoon, fingers. Iced it and THERE it has sat in the kitchen, for two days, with (skinny) hubby taking out only a little slice.
So that's it, there is definitely going to be minimum cooking and NO more baking from me. WHAT was I thinking.
Still on track otherwise and not going to punish myself too much. It's just I really wonder about my sanity. One day spouting infinity and beyond this time and then attacking a cake the next......Somebody lock me UP!! :giveup:

I'm afraid I completely caved tonight. I'm making no excuses, I actually feel as if I somehow needed it just to get it out of my system. I'm now sitting here feeling rather ill. I've eaten my body weight and more but strangely I can't say as I enjoyed it. I'm confident that I can get straight back on it in the morning, so fingers crossed I'll wake up to a fresh day. I'm such a prat! X

Just draw a line underneath it and start back tomorrow, Anne.

I'm in the same boat as you all and I'm so worried about "normal" eating once I start to work up the steps. Will I have forgot my bad habits? I'm hoping Cambridge is going to teach me control. I'm determined I won't put on weight and will maintain..although it's sometime in the future. Will eating ever be normal again?

I'm afraid I completely caved tonight. I'm making no excuses, I actually feel as if I somehow needed it just to get it out of my system. I'm now sitting here feeling rather ill. I've eaten my body weight and more but strangely I can't say as I enjoyed it. I'm confident that I can get straight back on it in the morning, so fingers crossed I'll wake up to a fresh day. I'm such a prat! X

No, not prat...human! This diet is wonderful, but extreme. All I can say is GET back on that horse, if you don't do this... then what? I am talking to myself here as well, need this pep talk. This is my third attempt at weight loss on a vlcd, I know it works and looking at other success stories there are people out there that have nailed it, so why not us? So here is hoping you are right back on it. Even though I had that choc cake blip I just know I am longing (pining) to be able to buy clothes off the peg again.
My counsellor said something to me which I use as a mantra..."There are people that can eat what they like...they are fat people". Sounds harsh, but it is true. Watch slim people eat (I watch my hubby), he eats faaaar less than me :ashamed0005: and it is always one of, not five. This is re-education time. So come on gal...we have got to make it! :patback:
Let me know how you are getting on!

Thanks ladies for the support. I know what you both mean, it's such a cycle. I desperately want to loose weight but then I go and sabotage myself. It's not even as if I was enjoying it when I was just eating to the point where I can eat no more. Seriously beginning to wonder if I'll ever feel normal.
I'm trying to remember when I first started to feel like this? I've not always been overweight, I've not always binged like this. I used to be normal, have normal meals and food wasn't constantly in the forethought of my mind.
I don't know where that girl went to?

Maybe I just ate her?? Lol. X

Aaaaw, I ate her too...:D Yes I used to be 'normal', whatever that is, I showed my counsellor old pictures of me, slim, she said she was envious because she had always been overweight in her youth onwards. She is now very slim and maintaining. It can be done. We just have to stop being foodies. Good luck dear, hang in there (you know you want to really) :fingerscrossed:

Woke up with renewed determination today, weighed myself, 2lb on since yesterday! Clean slate etc etc....
I'd feel prouder if I could at least manage one whole week!!! Lol. X

Anne, I'm glad you're awake with renewed optimism today. It's like a catch 22 situation..we know the food's there and it's not good for us... but we have it anyway and it tastes lovely at the time.. then the guilt comes. It happened, and today's a new day. Back on track, and think of all that lovely water you get to drink into the bargain.

Anne, I'm glad you're awake with renewed optimism today. It's like a catch 22 situation..we know the food's there and it's not good for us... but we have it anyway and it tastes lovely at the time.. then the guilt comes. It happened, and today's a new day. Back on track, and think of all that lovely water you get to drink into the bargain.
Haha, I've been peeing non stop to get it flushed through. Been to see my friend for a cuppa, had my hair trimmed and had a quick tidy up of the garden. Even been to the bakery for fresh crusty bread for the family, how's that for self control! Lol.
Feel much more in control today. I realise that even though I was stuffing myself I wasn't actually really enjoying it. How weird is that? X

Hi Anne I know exactly what you mean! I had a much looked forward to Chinese a few weeks ago after 6 weeks on the plan and I didn't enjoy the food at all just ate it for the sake of it really - was so disappointed to have gained 2 lbs for it!!

I honestly think it's more psychological. I didn't need it. I didn't really enjoy it. It was just my brain telling me I had to have it!!
I know that the 2lb gain isn't actually fat, and it'll be gone again in a couple of days. It's just the couple of days wasted that I'm not losing any more that I'm so pissed off about. X

I'm meant to go on to 800 calories on Monday, and am seriously contemplating just doing it on Sunday. I don't even know why. It's only one day, but it's like I'm obsessed with food. I'm hanging around the cooker when others are cooking, just to get a sniff of their food. They're ready for killing me.

A lot of people on here seem to prefer step 2 as they are eating a small amount and it seems to make very little difference to the weight loss. I'm not sure that I can be trusted yet to keep to the guidelines!
Give it a go and let me know how you're getting on! X

How you getting on Anne? X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol
Wk11 -4lb again whoop
Wk12 -1lb

How you getting on Anne? X Wk 1 -8lb Wk2 -6lb Wk3 -3lb Wk4 -4lb Wk5 -3lb Wk6 -3lb Wk7 -3lb Wk8 -STS :-( Wk9 -STS :-( Again Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol Wk11 -4lb again whoop Wk12 -1lb
Still struggling to lose the podge from weds nights splurge. Was ultra good yesterday and have a busy day today so should stay focused. Got my next weigh in on Monday so hopefully can pull it round by then. It's not going to be anything too dramatic but if it's a loss I'll be pleased. Looking at the bigger picture, I'm still 100% better than I was this time last month. X

Reckon if your 100% until Monday you could still lose. Did you lose this week? X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk11 -4lb again whoop
Wk12 -1lb

That's really good. Even if you only had half a lb this week you'd still have lost a stone in 3 weeks. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk11 -4lb again whoop
Wk12 -1lb