Success express diary with pictures

PinkLadee said:
Hi, Aubergine dishes look great but I haven't a clue how to cook one. Can anyone give me a recipe?

Hey hun. It was just 1 medium Aubergine sliced length ways, then put in a dish, put garlic, chopped veg ( I use onion and peppers), 1 tin of chopped tomatoes then grated your healthy extra of cheese over. Pop in the oven on a medium high heat for around 30 minutes or until the veg is soft xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

image-3518018803.jpg

Tonight's tea. Chicken thighs stuffed with quark garlic and lemon juice then wrapped in bacon. Served with mixed veg

Use your 3 other syns if you fancy something? If you don't use your minimum allowance of 5 syns apparantly you usually have a sts, gain or a smaller loss and people have comfirmed this has happened to them when they had low syns (under 5). I think this is were I went wrong last week as I had very low syns all week but stuck to plan in all other areas and exercised yet I sts. I suppose it might work different for everyone but if your fancying something, just a thought :) xxx

liliferjade said:
Use your 3 other syns if you fancy something? If you don't use your minimum allowance of 5 syns apparantly you usually have a sts, gain or a smaller loss and people have comfirmed this has happened to them when they had low syns (under 5). I think this is were I went wrong last week as I had very low syns all week but stuck to plan in all other areas and exercised yet I sts. I suppose it might work different for everyone but if your fancying something, just a thought :) xxx

I went over syns yesterday so I'm making up for it lol. I don't fancy anything tbh and would just be eating for the sake of it which I'm trying not to do. I tend to take my syns over the week cos some days I need more others less. I agree though if you don't have enough it seems to stall things. Weird. X

Fed up of slow loss so (barring saturdays indian meal....tricky) I'm going to try your express thing for a week! Only me and my mum (no greedy blokes) so hopefully it will be easy! I notice you rarely have any carbs (hexb) with your dinner....does this help? I don't find meat and veg feels like a balanced meal so usually have a hexb of small jacket spud or a few new potatoes.

vlp said:
Fed up of slow loss so (barring saturdays indian meal....tricky) I'm going to try your express thing for a week! Only me and my mum (no greedy blokes) so hopefully it will be easy! I notice you rarely have any carbs (hexb) with your dinner....does this help? I don't find meat and veg feels like a balanced meal so usually have a hexb of small jacket spud or a few new potatoes.

It's not intentional really unjust prefer to have my 3rd all meat lol. I don't eat much pasta anyway vos it bloats me, if im particularly hungry I'll have potato but I always make sure I have my b choices for fibre. Good luck Hun xx

I had 2 slices of toast for breakfast. Me and the kids have all come down with something we all feel yuk. I can't be bothered to even cook today and lost my appetite completely. But going to soldier on. Sent hubby our for salmon and stir fry veg for tea and dinner will be egg and mushroom and tomatoes. When I get round to making it!!!

Who was weighing in today??? How did you do???

Aw Lou I hope u all feel better soon!

Strangely enough, I had exactly the same for tea! it looked identical.... Xxxxx

Hey hun. It was just 1 medium Aubergine sliced length ways, then put in a dish, put garlic, chopped veg ( I use onion and peppers), 1 tin of chopped tomatoes then grated your healthy extra of cheese over. Pop in the oven on a medium high heat for around 30 minutes or until the veg is soft xx

Hi Lou

Would that dish work with butternut squash do you know? I was thinking of doing something similar with a layer (or two) of each.

Hi Lou

Would that dish work with butternut squash do you know? I was thinking of doing something similar with a layer (or two) of each.

you can bake butter nut squash so i would guess so but butternut squash has more of a potato like consistency, where as aubergine is more spongey and stays in one piece when you cook it, you could find the BNS breaks up with cooking. personally i like cutting a BNS in half and scooping out the seeds, then place on a baking tray and spray it with oil then bake until its really tender. then scoop the middle out discarding the skin and mash it up, its gorgeous!!! and super free!!

Made the aubergine bake tonight AND some BNS chips - both were absolutely yum, and there was so much I have leftovers for tomorrow :D
Have credited you with the recipe in my diary, so thanks for that. x

A super fatty subscribing to your thread.

I'm planning on having a SE meal for at least 1 meal of the day this week since I'm off and can cope with the change more so if I was at work and you have been a great source of inspiration :)

Dont know why I've never thought of just frying some veg and having that with scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast before. That's definitely going to be my breakfasts this week.

I've lost 3 stones but have been messing about with the last 7 lbs for months now so need to get my head back in the game.

Will pop in to let you know how I do this week x

Back