Suggestions for pasta and rice replacements...lower calorie!

Someone may have already mentioned it cos I saw on another thread that you can thinly slice courgette on a mandalin (or similar) and then boil it until it just starts to go see through, and it creates thick tagliatelle style ribbons to use as a base... I think I am going to give it a whirl at some point as I love my spag bol!! :)

zzjanliz said:
I totally agree Caroline, wholemeal pasta is sooo much nicer and also has alot more nutrients. I have been taking small portions (200cals) of brown pasta to work for lunch with lots of veg and tuna or chicken, also made an egg and crab salad with pasta or zero noodles which was lovely. Although im not too keen on the low calorie salad dressings i have tried...can anyone suggest a good one or maybe a low cal home made one instead???

Asda low cal yoghurt an mint salad dressing :) I love it!! It's like 10 cals a spoon or something daft but with some grilled spicy chicken or prawns.....it's yummy!

A good squeeze of lime bashed with garlic Ginger chilli lemongrass coriander etc is a good noodle salad dressing.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

sorry about my late reply but here it is... i emailed zero noodles and they said they are only available online at the moment but they will be in stores at some point over the next year, also they are only available n the UK at the moment (( sorry Aline. mayb e you can get someone to post some for you from the uk??

Anyway, i have had such a rubbish week this week (miserable period pain week so had to compensate with chocolate of course!) so this week i am back on form, need to spend more time on here i think as it seems to motivate me quite well. Hope everyone else is haveing a good diet week xx

Thank you for that info Zzjanliz. Hope you feel better soon.

xx

Back