Suggestions for take away healthy option

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by kevbeans, 17 July 2011 Social URL.

1. kevbeans

kevbeans New Member

Hi Guys, hopefully the mods will be ok with my post as I'm looking for a bit of advice. I deliver certain fast foods locally, these include roast dinners & kfc amongst other 'unhealthy' fast foods. A friend who attends slimming world suggested that i include a healthy option but to be honest I dont know where to start, hence why I'm here. I'm up for suggestions as to what anyone counting the calories might fancy as a treat or maybe something that will fit in with their diet. We also deliver fancy cupcakes as a nice dessert so maybe a different option for dessert might be a good idea as well.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. TRISTAR

TRISTAR Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think it depends alot on what diet you are following as to what you can have from the take away. I follow low carb, so I'd try and avoid rice and sweet sauces

4. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Healthy eating and willpower!
    Perhaps a filled wholemeal pitta bread, healthier fillngs like grilled chicken etc, fresh salad with a low cal sauce or dip?

refridgerated portions of fresh fruit salad,or meringue nests filled with fresh strawberries and blueberries?..no cream!, maybe served with individual servings of fresh yoghurt?

yes, even people counting the calories have the odd night when they are too tired or busy to cook, so a healthy takeaway meal could be an option for some :)

Good luck!

5. boggins

boggins Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(34.81%)
    Diet:
    Low carb high fat om nom nom
    Until recently I was out on the road a lot with work, and I just don't understand why the only fast food drive-thrus are burgers, chips and fried chicken. Surely there must be a huge demand for fast, healthy food? I know I would have loved somewhere quick and handy on my way!

My imaginary drive-thru was much like Rainbow's idea - wholemeal pitta pockets with things like grilled chicken, or tofu/Quorn, feta cheese and olives, all with a mixed salad and low-fat dressing. Chips would be baked sweet potato chips. They'd whip up fresh fruit smoothies too.

You think this'd sell on Dragons' Den? :D

6. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Healthy eating and willpower!

maybe we should go into business together boggins :D

7. CDavies

CDavies Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(20%)
    Diet:
    1 Meal a day
    Sushi! :D

8. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I've thought this plenty of times but there's just nothing out there. Really nice salads, pittas, HEALTHY kebabs (where it's on a skewer and grilled), healthy pastas, pizzas etc. Things don't have to be so high calorie. I can make a pizza for 300 calories so why don't any takeaway people make anything even close to that?! Is far more than that for just a slice!

9. Morrigan

Morrigan Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(31.82%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Ditto all of this! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.