Suggestions for take away healthy option

kevbeans

Hi Guys, hopefully the mods will be ok with my post as I'm looking for a bit of advice. I deliver certain fast foods locally, these include roast dinners & kfc amongst other 'unhealthy' fast foods. A friend who attends slimming world suggested that i include a healthy option but to be honest I dont know where to start, hence why I'm here. I'm up for suggestions as to what anyone counting the calories might fancy as a treat or maybe something that will fit in with their diet. We also deliver fancy cupcakes as a nice dessert so maybe a different option for dessert might be a good idea as well.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I think it depends alot on what diet you are following as to what you can have from the take away. I follow low carb, so I'd try and avoid rice and sweet sauces

Perhaps a filled wholemeal pitta bread, healthier fillngs like grilled chicken etc, fresh salad with a low cal sauce or dip?

refridgerated portions of fresh fruit salad,or meringue nests filled with fresh strawberries and blueberries?..no cream!, maybe served with individual servings of fresh yoghurt?

yes, even people counting the calories have the odd night when they are too tired or busy to cook, so a healthy takeaway meal could be an option for some :)

Good luck!

Until recently I was out on the road a lot with work, and I just don't understand why the only fast food drive-thrus are burgers, chips and fried chicken. Surely there must be a huge demand for fast, healthy food? I know I would have loved somewhere quick and handy on my way!

My imaginary drive-thru was much like Rainbow's idea - wholemeal pitta pockets with things like grilled chicken, or tofu/Quorn, feta cheese and olives, all with a mixed salad and low-fat dressing. Chips would be baked sweet potato chips. They'd whip up fresh fruit smoothies too.

You think this'd sell on Dragons' Den? :D

Until recently I was out on the road a lot with work, and I just don't understand why the only fast food drive-thrus are burgers, chips and fried chicken. Surely there must be a huge demand for fast, healthy food? I know I would have loved somewhere quick and handy on my way!

My imaginary drive-thru was much like Rainbow's idea - wholemeal pitta pockets with things like grilled chicken, or tofu/Quorn, feta cheese and olives, all with a mixed salad and low-fat dressing. Chips would be baked sweet potato chips. They'd whip up fresh fruit smoothies too.

You think this'd sell on Dragons' Den? :D

maybe we should go into business together boggins :D

I've thought this plenty of times but there's just nothing out there. Really nice salads, pittas, HEALTHY kebabs (where it's on a skewer and grilled), healthy pastas, pizzas etc. Things don't have to be so high calorie. I can make a pizza for 300 calories so why don't any takeaway people make anything even close to that?! Is far more than that for just a slice!

I've thought this plenty of times but there's just nothing out there. Really nice salads, pittas, HEALTHY kebabs (where it's on a skewer and grilled), healthy pastas, pizzas etc. Things don't have to be so high calorie. I can make a pizza for 300 calories so why don't any takeaway people make anything even close to that?! Is far more than that for just a slice!

Ditto all of this! :D

Back