Sum's Diary

Ha ha ha. I wondered when you'd find us talking about you smartie !!!!

I dont just have a bionic eye - I have a bionic ear as well :p its just so small you cant see it :D I am all seeing and all knowing, like the messiah of minimins I am :cool:

lol The only difference being that the cartoon Smurf was a man and i'm a woman? :p

Yeah they should have had a smurfette as well, equality and all that, you could have modelled for it. I would even offer my image editing skills to make sure you fit into the A4 sized poster - seeing as you are only about 4 inches tall in real life :D

Smartie - over and out, my pit of doom is calling me. Night :D

Am not gonna post my my food diary today as there's not much on there. I had a really good day which obviously is a bad day for the diet lol. I've used up 45 syns out of my 105 so have a 55 leftover but am going to save them for saturday's meal out. So i'm going to try and have a syn free week lol I hope it works and the scales are kind to me on Tuesday :)

I had a good Syn-free day today as planned :D

Green Day:

Breakfast: Bitesize shredded Wheat (HEB), with Semi-Skimmed Milk (HEA)and banana

Lunch: Speed Soup

Dinner: Sweet Potato curry with a wholemeal Pitta Bread (HEB)

Snacks:
2 x Oranges, Apple, Pear, Grapes, Some Onken FF Vanilla Yogurt, Tea x 3 (HEA)

Syns: None :D

Exercise: 10 mins on stepper and a 30 minute walk

Last edited:
Hey all,

I had another good syn free day today as planned :D lol Tomorrow better be worth saving my left over syns lol

Green Day:

Breakfast: Omelette with 3 Danish Brown WW toast (HEB)

Lunch: Speed Soup

Dinner: SW quiche (HEA for cheese), SW chips with baked beans and salad

Snacks:
Apple, Grapes, Sharon Fruit, 2 x Orange, Pear, Tea x 4 (HEA), 2 x Alpen light bars (HEB)

Syns: None

Exercise: 10 mins on stepper

Hey all - I save my leftover syns for saturday as you all know and it was soo worth it! Ahhh Pizza and the cinema is the best combination ever :D

Breakfast: Special K (HEB) and Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA)

Snacks: Apple, Orange, Banana

Exercise: 45 mins walk each way to the cinema

Syns:

Pizza: 51 syns (17 syns per slice and had 3 :()

Ice cream: About 6 syns i think as Syns Online doesn't have it on there

Popcorn: 10 syns

Total: 67 syns which is 12 over my limit so no more syns this week and i may up my exercise to work some of it off.

I had a good Syn-free day today as planned :D

Green Day:

Breakfast: Omelette with 3 WW Danish Brown toast (HEB)and banana

Lunch: Onken Yogurt and Strawberries

Dinner: Creamy Tomato and Mushroom pasta

Snacks:
2 x Oranges, Apple, 1/2 Melon, Tea x 3 (HEA)

Syns: None :D

Exercise: None :(

Hi Sum,

Well done. Sounds like you're having a great week.

I'm really interested in your love of pizza - I like pizza but I just can't face spending so many syns on just a couple of slices of pizza. I'm sure that I will have at some point in the future but I try to avoid it at the moment.

Please can you post your recipe for the creamy mushroom and tomato pasta - it sounds delicious.

And finally I LOVE the quote on your signature 'Support is the key to losing weight - Could not keep motivated without help from the worderful Smartie and Sunday Weighers' - aren't you lovely :)

Thanks to you too for all your support. It's lovely how you've just slotted in there :D

Good luck for tomorrow. I'll be watching for your post.

Gail x

Sorry haven't updated in a few days as have been really busy lol

Thnaks Gail and :eek: Pizza is the best i love it lol so i have to save my syns for it. Its also a sort of ritual for me and my friend - If we go to the Cinema then we have to have pizza!

The recipe for the creamy mushroom and tomato pasta is:

Free on EE and Green - Serves 4 :D

Ingredients:

198g/7oz closed cup mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
1 onion
Fry Light
400g can chopped tomatoes
340g/12oz dried pasta shapes
2-3 tbsp artificial sweetener
6 tbsp freshly chopped basil
150g pot fat-free natural fromage frais
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method:
1. To make the sauce: slice the mushrooms; crush the garlic; finely chop the onion. Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, add the mushrooms, and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and onions and fry for 2-3 minutes. Pour over the chopped tomatoes, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes.
2. While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and keep warm.
3. Stir the sweetener, basil and fromage frais into the sauce, season well and remove from the heat. Add the mushroom and tomato sauce to the pasta, toss together and serve.

And am not gonna update my diary today as i've been awful food wise but will definatly do it religiously from tomorrow :)

Hi Sum,

Good to hear from you. Have you tried Smash pizza ? I saw a couple of posts here this week and having discounted it, am thinking about trying it (I'm sure it will be a few months before I get there but maybe I'll try eventually)

So, important thing is that having had a bad day food wise, get back on it. Try hard and fingers crossed for Tues.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Thanks Gail and umm haven't tried Smash Pizza even though i have heard about it. I might give it a god next week :D

Ahh i've had a good day (Not toally syn free though :ashamed0005: Will have one of those tomorrow :))

Green day:

Breakfast: Marmite on 3 Danish Brown WW toast (HEB), 2 laughing Cow triangles (part HEA) and banana

Lunch: Chickpea Dahl

Dinner: Quorn Sausage and tomato frittata (HEA for cheese) with a salad

Snacks:
Orange, 2 x Apple, 1 x Carrot, 2 x Kiwi Fruit, FF shape yogurt, Tea x 3 (part HEA)

Syns:
Asian Sweet (5 syns)

Exercise: 40 minutes walk to and from the surgery.

Uumm is it just me or does anyone else think that Asda Chickpea Dahl recipe has changed? Didn't like the orange/brown label one at all :yuk: Likes the purple label one much better

Mmmmm my sausage and tomato frittata turned out really really nice - wanted to take a picture to post up but couldn't find the camera lol :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi Sum,

I don't think it's a problem that you're not totally syn free. I find it difficult to do syn free days, even though I eat nice food that I want, I don't like not being able to have stuff that I want. So now, even if I've had a difficult day/week, I try to keep my syns low but if I need to use them I do. Then I'm less likely to go off plan.

So, I think you're doing really well. Fingers crossed for Tuesday.

Gail x

Would I be allowed the Sausage and tomato frittata? :D You know the rules :p

Sorry I havent been online today - had a really bad stressy day, the events over the past week have really got to me :(. Will try and catch up with you tomorrow on FB. I bet you've done loads on the assignments - I havent done any!!! :cry:

PS Step away from the asian sweeties :p

Thanks for the advice Gail - Will keep my syns to a minimum of 5 a day then :D Though with Chocolate Alpen light bars i don't miss chocolate too much now :p

Smartie umm it involves eggs but your allowed Omelettes are you? So you should be fine - Will have to discuss it in detail on fb lol

And i have missed talking to you so my work rate ain't been brillaint cos there was noone to kick me to do work :asskick: lol And Aww noes i hopes you gets less stressed aswell :)

P.s. I should point out the asian sweet wasn't my fault :p lol I went to my mums friends house for a bit and she gave us one as her niece had just gotten married. So i had one (Plus if you refuse wedding sweets its consider offensive :p So thats my excuse lol :innocent0002:)

Always happy to help :D

Big hugs for Smartie if she's having a difficult week. Hope it gets better.

Gail x

P.S. I love Asian sweets so I probably would have had one too :p

hahaha the problem is stopping after having one :p I do admit they are soo nice that i could have loads (especially since there are so many different types lol) But i'm sure we both have the will power to stop after only one :p

Oh yes. As much as I love them I would definitely stop at one. One is worth it for the psychological boost it gives you of nit feeling deprived but more than that - not worth it !

Gail x

Oooops, not. Stupid phone !!

I had a good day today and i literally had to feed a small army :p lol - Three of my cousins decided they wanted to eat what i was making aswell. An accomplishment in my family who don't like to eat my 'diet' food lol. And they even said the food was nice and tasty :eek:

Green Day:

Breakfast: Some carrot mash thingy lol (No idea what its called Mum helped me make it – It was syn free though lol so can’t complain) with 3 Danish Brown WW toast (HEB) and banana

Lunch: Jacket potato with beans, cheese (HEA) and salad

Dinner: Quorn sausages, Mash, mush peas and onion gravy

Snacks:
2 x Orange, 2 x Apple, Pear, FF shape yogurt, Tea x 3 (part HEA), 2 x Alpen Light bar (HEB)

Syns:
Toffee yogurt (2 syns)

Exercise: None :(

Back