Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

i too weigh in Kg using the bodyoptimise site and get the stickers for every 3 kilos etc, but i've noticed that on here those stickers actually represent weight loss per stone. so it looks, at a passing glance, as though you've lost 6 stone rather than kilo, lol

If only it really were that quick!

Well done everyone! No one put on weight, which is fabulous. I think Sunday weigh-ins are terrific, because I tend to relax a little bit on Sunday evenings, and then psychologically I'm ready to stick to Slimming World to the letter on Monday mornings, and do so all week until the next Sunday weigh-in. I cannot believe that I never tried this little psychology on myself before, but it's actually a really powerful little tool - and anything that works is definitely worth sticking to!!

We're a small but perfectly formed little group of Sunday weighers :)

Well done everyone! No one put on weight, which is fabulous. I think Sunday weigh-ins are terrific, because I tend to relax a little bit on Sunday evenings, and then psychologically I'm ready to stick to Slimming World to the letter on Monday mornings, and do so all week until the next Sunday weigh-in. I cannot believe that I never tried this little psychology on myself before, but it's actually a really powerful little tool - and anything that works is definitely worth sticking to!!

We're a small but perfectly formed little group of Sunday weighers :)

totally agree! usually let myself relax a bit on a sunday evening then full steam ahead come monday. good luck for the week ahead!

Good morning fellow Sunday weighers!
Following a bad week last week (2lb GAIN - how the hell did that happen??)did u notice I wasnt here... far to embarrased to come on and shot about that... Any hoo pleased to announce everything is back on track and I have lost those nasty 2 lbs and a futher 2! 4lbs to go before 3 stone!
How has everyone else done this week? Do u go to class or do it @ home? I'm going it alone..

Hi Sunday weighers. Can I join you? :)

I lost half a pound this week and am annoyed with myself :( I have 100% days from Sunday to Thursday. Come the weekend, I lose the plot. I will go zero alcohol next week and bet I see a difference. <<<That makes me sound like an alkie lol, but just one glass of wine and I feel like I am immune to doritos. I am obviously not!

Babysham, I am not going to class either. I am doing it alone with the help of this site. I am doing green only (veggie) days and I keep a food diary to make sure I am dong it right.

Babysham - sounds like there might have been a reason why you gained those 2lbs as you lost them plus another 2 - maybe you had eaten a salty meal before weigh in that meant you retained water (and masking the loss you would have had)? Whatever the reason, well done for keeping going, and you perseverance has shown in the scales this week!

Silly sausage - half a pound off is still going in the right direction - well done and welcome to the Sunday weighers (I am quite new too).

I weigh in Kgs and have lost 0.8kg which is about 1.75 pounds, so I am reasonably happy with that.

Sunday weigher here - have lost 4lbs this morning, taking me to a grand total of 23 lbs. Woo hoo!! Love Slimming World, best thing ever. Am about to have a massive brunch of eggs/quorn sausages/ beans and mushrooms wtih a bit of salad. Mmmmmm.

Well done Babysham on your loss, feels good doesn't it? Just what you need to motivate yourself for another week!

think I need to take a step back, reread the books and begin from scratch this week. i did lose a pound, but my numbers should really be bigger than they have been the past few weeks.

well done to everyone this week!

Well done all on the losses this week and welcome Silly Sausage! We are getting quite a good group now of Sunday Weighers.

Missed u last week Babysham and to answer your question am also going alone. Well done on your big loss this week after last weeks gain.

Well I am very sad to say that I maintained (sts) this week! Am slightly disappointed because I have been good this week and even included an extra two work outs! I knew it had to happen at some point bearing in mind I had lost every week since starting (no sts or gains just losses for 15 weeks). I just have to remain positive in the fact I have lost 31lbs so far in total and this week is just an odd week. Think I was just hoping that in next couple of weeks I would hit under the 200lb - that will be a big result for me as I haven't been under 200lb for a long time.

Hi Sarah,

Don't be disheartened - I figure that my body cannot lose weight every week, sometimes it's good to have a week where you maintain, and next week you'll lose again! You've done so well, you're really close to getting under 200lbs - one more week and this time next week we'll be cheering on your fabulous success!!

Why D - same thing to you, you LOST a pound this week, that's absolutely fantastic! Why are you sounding so down? You've done really really well! You don't need to 'start from scratch', you just carry on, because it's obviously working, you've lost 30 lbs in about 7 weeks, that's more than 4 lbs a week, the weight is just falling off you!

Hi Sarah,

Don't be disheartened - I figure that my body cannot lose weight every week, sometimes it's good to have a week where you maintain, and next week you'll lose again! You've done so well, you're really close to getting under 200lbs - one more week and this time next week we'll be cheering on your fabulous success!!

Why D - same thing to you, you LOST a pound this week, that's absolutely fantastic! Why are you sounding so down? You've done really really well! You don't need to 'start from scratch', you just carry on, because it's obviously working, you've lost 30 lbs in about 7 weeks, that's more than 4 lbs a week, the weight is just falling off you!

Hey Sarah, I agree with Honey, we can't lose every week and although i'm not overly impressed with my 1lb this week i know there's gonna be weeks, like last when i dont lose at all as our bodies have to become accustomed to the loss we've had.

oh and i'm doing it alone, well i'm paid up member of the bodyoptimise site, which it's great for syn values etc but most of my support comes from here and your good selves

thanks Honey, dont mean to sound down, i just know myself, that although i've been great with free foods with my evening meal i should be working more on including the superfree stuff. not a salad fan so it's all about veg and fruit and i think i've been a bit lazy on the veg part these last few weeks. the food diary i keep on here is kinda telling me that so gonna make more of a push this week and see is it makes the difference come next Sunday!

Hey Sarah, I agree with Honey, we can't lose every week and although i'm not overly impressed with my 1lb this week i know there's gonna be weeks, like last when i dont lose at all as our bodies have to become accustomed to the loss we've had.

oh and i'm doing it alone, well i'm paid up member of the bodyoptimise site, which it's great for syn values etc but most of my support comes from here and your good selves

thanks Honey, dont mean to sound down, i just know myself, that although i've been great with free foods with my evening meal i should be working more on including the superfree stuff. not a salad fan so it's all about veg and fruit and i think i've been a bit lazy on the veg part these last few weeks. the food diary i keep on here is kinda telling me that so gonna make more of a push this week and see is it makes the difference come next Sunday!

I'm doing it on my own too; I signed up for the three months on Body Optimise, and it's going pretty well so far. I like this site too - I really like the fact that I've got a site where I can come and say how I've done that week. I especially like coming to this thread to report my weight, lol.

I thought I didn't like veg/salad too, but it turns out I do so long as I can choose. So loads of peppers, spinach, cucumber etc. It also helps for me to really flavour my food, so have been buying lots of different herbs and spices, and that really is helping a lot.

Good luck for this week!

Babysham - sounds like there might have been a reason why you gained those 2lbs as you lost them plus another 2 - maybe you had eaten a salty meal before weigh in that meant you retained water (and masking the loss you would have had)? Whatever the reason, well done for keeping going, and you perseverance has shown in the scales this week!

Thanks Sparkey - cant remember wht I ate now - but never thought about salt affecting weight loss.

Thanks also to Honey n Sarah... Sarah will race u to below 200!

I no that noone is at this stage yet, but when i started to lose and gain the same weight and had lots of sts mixed in, I did a food diary and was really strict on my HEs... somethings slip ever so slightly without u noticing, and it really made a differnce
Good luck for tomorrow sunday weighers
x

Last edited:
Good morning all!

Can I join you Sunday weighers please?

Started last Sunday - just weighed myself and......5 pounds off!!!:bliss:

Well done silly sausage and bumblebum!!

I've just weighed in, and I've lost another 2 lbs taking me to 25 lbs in total, which is really good and is making me feel pretty good about this.

I found it quite an easy week, eating out is a HUGE challenge, and one I'd prefer to skip altogether to be honest. I have found that salmon seems to be the 'safest' choice when out, though.

Good luck to all my other Sunday weigh-in people xx

Back