Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Well it's Sunday afternoon and I've just remembered that although Tuesday is my proper weigh-in, that in the true tradition of Sunday Weighers I'm going to weigh Sunday too - and it seems I've lost another kilo - woop woop and am into the 70s - another milestone reached. That's 7.3 kg gone since 1st March - probably the quickest weight loss I've had. The difference between now and when i've done SW in the past is that now I do a very physical job with lots of heavy lifting - who needs the gym when you can melt off the kilos and get paid for it :D

My ticker doesn't seem to be updating so I'm probably doing something wrong there, it's been such a long time since I used one! Anyway, hope everyone else is doing well - keeping focussed and having a good week in general!

You can be the Quenn of weigh-ins. She has two Birthdays, you have two weigh-in days! Fab loss, well done.

I'm happy with 2.5lbs off this week ;)

You can be the Quenn of weigh-ins. She has two Birthdays, you have two weigh-in days! Fab loss, well done.

I'm happy with 2.5lbs off this week ;)

Well done to you too - 2.5lbs beats my 2.2 - it's great when it comes off in a big blob like that, but I'll take any loss at all as long as it's a downward trend! Good luck with the week ahead and if I don't bump into you here beforehand, I'll see you next Sunday here :)

Congratulations both! I've had a slow week to go honest, iPad a couple of leaps off plan, followed by a hasty backtrack the next day! But I've lost 0.7 kilos, and this week I'm looking to try some more body magic, hopefully that goes well!

Edit- should probably note that overall, I've now lost 5.7 kilos!

Congratulations both! I've had a slow week to go honest, iPad a couple of leaps off plan, followed by a hasty backtrack the next day! But I've lost 0.7 kilos, and this week I'm looking to try some more body magic, hopefully that goes well!

Edit- should probably note that overall, I've now lost 5.7 kilos!

So all in all you've done well - that's over a pound lost and they say that's the healthiest way to do it ... you've also had some fun and then adjusted your next days eating to counterbalance it - surely that's another indication that you're on the right track. My view is that we are all wanting to lose weight by adopting a healthier eating plan - we're not going to let food rule our life - and if that's the case then we're entitled to have the occasional treats/deviation from the true path of the Almight SW-liness :D So pat yourself on the back - yes it wasn't the biggest drop in weight but any loss is a good loss.

Here endeth the sermon for today :rotflmao:

So all in all you've done well - that's over a pound lost and they say that's the healthiest way to do it ... you've also had some fun and then adjusted your next days eating to counterbalance it - surely that's another indication that you're on the right track. My view is that we are all wanting to lose weight by adopting a healthier eating plan - we're not going to let food rule our life - and if that's the case then we're entitled to have the occasional treats/deviation from the true path of the Almight SW-liness :D So pat yourself on the back - yes it wasn't the biggest drop in weight but any loss is a good loss.

Here endeth the sermon for today :rotflmao:
Thank you, just what I needed to hear today! Well done to you too :)

Right then, I had my Tuesday/Sunday weigh in this morning and I managed to scrape a 200g loss which in old money is nearly half a pound! Not the best loss but at least it's still a downward trend. I've now lost 7kg in 10 weeks which is about 1 stone 1lb an average of about 1.5lbs a week which is good for me. Still got a long way to go though and I have to keep my motivation high or I'll fall by the wayside like I have so many times. I'm very determined this time though.

Hope that the lack of posts on Sunday doesn't mean that things aren't going well for the rest of the crew just that you have more important things to do - it's good to be busy!

Good luck to everyone for a great week ahead!

Right then, I had my Tuesday/Sunday weigh in this morning and I managed to scrape a 200g loss which in old money is nearly half a pound! Not the best loss but at least it's still a downward trend. I've now lost 7kg in 10 weeks which is about 1 stone 1lb an average of about 1.5lbs a week which is good for me. Still got a long way to go though and I have to keep my motivation high or I'll fall by the wayside like I have so many times. I'm very determined this time though.

Hope that the lack of posts on Sunday doesn't mean that things aren't going well for the rest of the crew just that you have more important things to do - it's good to be busy!

Good luck to everyone for a great week ahead!
Mine wasn't good news. A night away and double bank holiday for Easter and May Day threw me right off track, 2.5lbs on :(

Really struggling this time and I don't get it. I am so miserable at this weight but "it" won't click this time and I'm not really getting anywhere fast.

Mine wasn't good news. A night away and double bank holiday for Easter and May Day threw me right off track, 2.5lbs on :(

Really struggling this time and I don't get it. I am so miserable at this weight but "it" won't click this time and I'm not really getting anywhere fast.

Sorry to read you're struggling. Totally know what you mean about the 2 public holidays screwing things up. However, this is what I think ... as I said before and as many others have said no doubt, we can't let food/diets rule our lives. Hopefully, in having messed up a bit this last week or so you've had some fun along the way, and fun creates good memories - don't let the small in the scheme of things weight gain undo your enjoyment. You're still lighter than you were before you started. I suppose the key is for us not to fall off the wagon too often or then it does become an issue, but provided you get right back into it, you can keep the overall downward trend. That's my focus this time - I'm going to just keep on going - I don't expect I'll get to target any time soon but I'm going to keep on going on and on til I get to where I'm happy.

Maybe it's time for a back to basics week where you do everything as if you're new to SW? weigh/measure anything that needs weighed/measured and refer back to books. Might be worth a try!

Anyway, good luck in the coming week - we'll do this! Do I hear you say "YEAH!"? I better had lol otherwise next week I'll be forced to do inspirational whooping - and add a WOOOH to my YEAH! and frankly that's just tiring :rotflmao:

Another week has flown by! Unfortunately it was mainly work work work! On the plus side, it was Mother's Day on Sunday and my work agreed to move my shift a bit earlier so I was able to go out to dinner with YoungOzMoz - she had the biggest plate of ribs I've ever seen - she took a photo before and after with the caption "I have conquered Goliath" :D It was just a pub restaurant type place but it was a cool atmosphere and it's the first dinner out we've had for over a year due to financial constraints - so we had a ball ! Not sure that salt and pepper crumbed pan-fried Barramundi with heavenly chips was entirely SW-fare but it was yum - so it's syn free on Mother's Day.

Fortunately, having had a totally hectic week being run off my feet and with the scales having been unnecessarily mean last week, I came in with a 1.8kg loss which is 3.9lbs - I was quite staggered! I think in all honesty, some of it was what I should have had last week and I think the scales dipped a bit low today, so I'll probably not lose anything next week - there is always a price to pay! But for now with a total loss to date of 8.8 kg I'm celebrating with a hearty glass of water - oh how I live the rock and roll lifestyle!

Day off today and somehow I've managed to catch a cold - how rude is that! I can't even properly enjoy my one day off - but I'm still going to give it my best shot :D

Hope all going wel with you Abs and M Louise - we've all got to just keep on going!

Mozzzzzzzzzzzzz! And hello to any of the old gang that are still floating about. I'm back although I did come back here a while ago and the site had closed. I was having a google today trying to get my head back in the game and lo and behold it's back.

So, i got on the scales today for the first time in three years. < deep breath> I've put on exactly three stone since I last weighed in here and I am back up to 15st 1. I'm really disappointed in myself, but I've faced the scales, and at least I know the facts rather than being in a mixture of denial and emu head in the sand.

Good luck for everyone for the rest of the week x

I expect you are all too busy planning a welcome back Smartie Party for me to post. Honest guys, I don't want too much fuss, just some banners, party poppers and a few balloons will do me!

I've set my first target, which in is the bog standard 10% weight loss, so that's 21lbs which will make me 13st 8 when I get there.

Mozzzzzzzzzzzzz! And hello to any of the old gang that are still floating about. I'm back although I did come back here a
while ago and the site had closed. I was having a google today trying to get my head back in the game and lo and behold it's back.

So, i got on the scales today for the first time in three years. < deep breath> I've put on exactly three stone since I last weighed in here and I am back up to 15st 1. I'm really disappointed in myself, but I've faced the scales, and at least I know the facts rather than being in a mixture of denial and emu head in the sand.

Good luck for everyone for the rest of the week x

In teen speak ...... OMG OMG OMG - totes reunion goals - frikken LEGIT! How awesome to see you!! Not so awesome that you have like me fallen off the wagon, rolled down the hill through a field of cakes which had to be eaten of course and landed in Chubbiesville! I'm an unreliable poster these days.... but like the proverbial bad penny (or cent now in my case .... or 5 cent I suppose, as you can't get 1 cent pieces here anymore) I always turn up!

Hope life is treating you well post uni .... what are you up to now? well not now as in immediately, this moment, but in more general life sort of terms .... My life is, as always, fair to middling chaotic - improved in some areas and gone downhill in others. Can't complain about the weather though as it's winter and so it's glorious here, my favourite time of year!

I've lost 10kg since the beginning of March ... have stopped being quite so good so the weight loss has stopped but on the plus side I haven't put any back on this time, although I am heavier than when I last was doing SW .... and I'm planning to get back into it, hence visiting minimins today! Your return has enthused me ... I might go munch a lettuce leaf.... at this point I should confess that I've just eaten a Mint Drumstick (Cornetto type thingo) but in my defence........ <please insert appropriate defence>

Party will be held when the rest of the crew get their acts together and reappear .... why would they not when we are here after all!

Anyway, good luck with your renewed efforts - we'll get there in the end - you know you can do it - you've got a splendidly terrier like attitude once you put your mind to it!

BTW isn't it ostriches that bury their heads in the sand? Perhaps we should compromise and say dodos ..... :D Unless of course that is not a fair compromise? what do you think?

Moz <3 (can't work out how to do emoticons on da phone) good to see you back. I I thought I was all on my lonesome.

So, what have have been up to the past few years... In brief, I'm working now, it took me over a year to get a job after graduating and that put me into the depths of debt, poverty and depression. Got a job and a partner in the same month. Thought I had made it in life, sadly, he turned out to be a class A kn0b. But unfortunately it took me a long long time to realise it. It's been bad for a year, but I kept persevering hoping and believing that it would get better, he would get a job etc. Anyway a month ago today in a fit of pique i kicked out my c0*k lodger of a partner. I'm dealing with it sort of, I'm lonely and miss the company more than anything. But I'm not missing the arguments about money and it was so nice to have some money left over this month to treat myself to a hair cut. I thought to myself a week ago, I can either go two ways, put on loads of weight as my self imposed barrier or get control of myself. I chose the later.

On a happy note, I'm now a granny! Little Evie was born last month. I didn't think I would be a granny at the grand old age of 41, but at least I can be a glamorous granny, and hopefully not too long before I'm a slim, glam granny.

I have my first weigh in tomorrow, I'm hoping for a big drop to get me going. But as the saying goes, any loss is good

I got the big drop I wanted... 8lbs off yay me. That takes me down to 14st 7 with 13lb to go until my first interim target of 13st 8.

So it's been a VERY long time... I log in looking for an old recipe and can't believe some of the old gang are still here! Moz and Smartie I hope you're both well. I've put it all back on and need to get some mojo going, but it'll not be today. glad you guys are still at it :D

Def need to change that signature :p

Hey Why, we must be like the Borg and thinking as One. Nice to see you again, hopefully it won't be too long before you get your mojo back. I've put on 3/5ths of what I lost, so I'm going to be in for the long haul again. Come back soon x

so cool ... the borg collective back together.... we need to regroup and hunt down a few more lost souls

I'm not exactly still at it why ... like you I fell by the wayside but now I have seen the light .... praise be, hallelujah and all that ... back to following the almighty plan

Actually I am failing dismally to stick to any sort of plan other than survive - which I'm succeeding at for now :D Having said that, I reckon that i've lost a smidge of weight but that's more to do with my job being so active and my shifts being screwy this week and it's messed with my meal times. I'll find out on Sunday I suppose!

I think silly sausage emailed me once, I might see if I can find her email and round her up. Sum isn't doing sw any more, she is doing the gym and healthy eating. The last pic I saw of her a couple of weeks ago she looked fab, she has kept the weight off and lost more.

Back