Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Well done to all of you that have managed to avoid a gain so far.
I've had a 0.5 lb loss this week...though I don't really know how. My aim for this week is to be as good as poss before Friday.
Good luck to everyone for this week.

I had another sts. I know I'm following the plan correctly. I am thoroughly fed up. I'm thinking about having a tantrum but quite frankly it's too bloody hot!

On another unrelated matter, my girly and I got our permanent visas yesterday so at last our journey is over and we can relax into life here - woop woop!! :D

Glad to see that the vast majority of us had losses this week - long may that continue!

Well done Jeanette. Don't worry about how or why it happened, just make sure that this week you are as good as you can be. Good luck.

Ozzie - sorry to hear about your STS but STS is good and better than a gain - particularly as this is a difficult time of year. How about posting a food diary for us to look at ?? I know that for some people SW needs a bit of tweaking so maybe you are one of them ? Big hugs for you and hope that your upside down (only because it's the 'wrong' way for this time of year !) weather gets better !

Gail x

ozzie, could it be you're just retaining some fluid due to the heat and you not drinking enough?

Thanks gail and why_d for listening to my bleating :rotflmao: I'm sure I am drinking enough - I really don't think I could drink anymore and I'm being good and mainly having water rather than my favourite tea! I'm not really disciplined enough to post my food diary, I've tried that several times and it always goes screwy :eek: The only thing I might be guilty of is not enough variety. Having no family of my own here and not having made any close friends yet apart from one who is sharing our house at the moment, Christmas goodies isnt really an issue. Meh! I'll plod on for a while longer and see what happens.

Ooooh and it's still bloomin' hot here but there is a big weather system off the coast so it looks like we'll have torrential rain for a few days probably right over Christmas. But as I've said before with the rainforests literally up the road, I don't suppose I can grumble too much when it rains.

Edited to add.... I will post a food diary if the weight continues to stay static .... it's probably a good idea.

Do goats bleat? :hmm:

Moz - I think we have the opposite problem today. It is so cold that the toilets at work are knackered. I have been too scared to drink anything today in case I have to run :cry:

If you are eating well and drinking loads, there could be another reason for not having the good losses you deserve. I have read on here that if you are stressed, your body may hold on to calories. You have been through the mill recently with your OH and MIL being ill, the mad heat, the impending immigration decision (congratulations by the way!:D) Is this a difficult time of the year for you anyway?

I say stick at it and keep your chin up. Relax into the plan and it will happen. It is all good healthy stuff so is beneficial even if you are not shrinking much at the moment.

Let us know if you decide to start a diary so we can have a nosey.

New Year = new Moz :party0011:

Happy Christmas everyone. Hope the weather conditions aren't making life too difficult for you all.

Well, I have had a difficult week ! For some reason (!) I thought I would be fine over the christmas period. I was feeling so great about what I am doing and so committed, I thought nothing would throw me off and I would pretty much stick to plan. I was wrong !!!! I have eaten more biscuits and chocolates this week I think than I have since I started SW :-(

However, I will try and be as careful as I can tomorrow (within the realms of leading a 'normal' life and having a nice day) and then try to get fully back on plan after that.

As I keep saying to others (so now it's time for me to listen to my own advice....!), it's not what you do when you fall off plan (because you have to accept the consequences of that - what's done is done), it's what you do after that.

So I will accept the consequences of this week (whatever they may be) and try and get straight back on. (Be warned, there is still a chance that I will fall below the 200 mark this week but a fairly good chance that I won't - if not, hopefully we will celebrate at new year !). I will definitely be here this week to 'fess up however it may not be Sunday as I might not be at home. If not, I will be here on Monday. I will be watching the thread though so fingers crossed for everyone else. Hope you have a fantastic christmas with loads of yummy foods (whether SW or not depending on your choices) - because after all, we all must like our food !!!

See you Sunday/Monday.

Gail x

Happy Christmas my lovelies!!!! I haven't posted all week, and missed out congratulating you all for last week - apologies.

'Fession time - it's been an *appalling* week food-wise for me, sigh. I am going to weigh in tomorrow, and it IS going to be a gain, but I am getting back on track tomorrow.

Have a fab Christmas, love you all ((((((hugs)))))) xxx

Morning all! hope yesterday went well! i had a great day and the food was v much a success!

the scales say i gained 1lb but i think it's fair to say that that's not a true reflection. that it'll be next week's WI that really tells... that said, i have my birthday party and NYE party to get through first so it should be interesting.... can you put on a stone in a week?

although i gave myself the day off yesterday, i didnt have too many bad things, unless you count 2 mince pies and a slice of yule log as too much..

so have lots of leftovers but managed to send the majority home with family members so they can feed themselves for a month and what's left i can use and know that it's more or less SW friendly (ie the turkey was cooked with butter but, i've removed the skin now and i doubt there's been much more residual calories)

Hi guys! Last weigh-in of the year, and guess what? Despite my gloomy predictions I have lost 1.5 lbs which takes me under the 300 lb mark - I have lost over fifty pounds!!!!!! Goodness, the best present ever, I could cry.

I am pretty sure that I will put on weight for next week, because I suspect all the food I have eaten hasn't yet caught up with me on the scales. BUT, right here right now, in 2010, I have lost over fifty pounds and have gone into a new set of numbers. I feel fantastic!!

And you guys have been terrific - this site is the first place I update!

Honey that's fantastic news! i fear you may be right about next week WI, but for now bask in the glory of the loss you've achieved and know that in 2011 you'll reach your next goal even if you have to fight an extra pound or two at the beginning of it!

Honey that's fantastic news! i fear you may be right about next week WI, but for now bask in the glory of the loss you've achieved and know that in 2011 you'll reach your next goal even if you have to fight an extra pound or two at the beginning of it!

Thanks Why_D - and well done to you too! We are so cool for weighing in today, huh?! Sounds like you had a really nice Christmas, and that's really important. And what a fantastic cook - did you get your new saucepans???

I don't really care if I put on a few pounds for next week, I'm determined to do my best for next week, and it's going to be a great start for the new year. I am just so so so pleased to have got lost fifty pounds in 2010!

I am thinking about setting goals for next year, and I have pretty much settled on aiming for 237 lbs in 2011, which is a loss of 63 lbs and getting me to under 17 stones. I know it's not as high as I could aim, but I think it's achievable and I can do it. I definitely prefer setting slightly lower, more realistic targets and then overachieving.

Anyway, yay us for being brave enough to weigh in on Boxing Day - can you believe how full this thread will be in January with loads of new people?!

you plan sounds good to me honey!

yes pans arrived! they're great! hehe

Half a pound off for me this week.

Congratulations Honey!!! What a great achievement and end to the year. 237 in 2011 sounds good - it even rhymes!

Well done Why_d on your tiny gain after your Jamie Oliver dinner. I had a nosey at your diary midweek and you were being very good so maybe the scales are reflecting your canny damage limitation plan.

I am starting a new paper food diary today as the old one is full. The stats so far are 38 pounds in 19 weeks. A nice round 2 pound a week average despite all the bad weeks and good weeks, so I am happy with that.

Good luck to those still to weigh :)

Half a pound off for me this week.

Congratulations Honey!!! What a great achievement and end to the year. 237 in 2011 sounds good - it even rhymes!

Well done Why_d on your tiny gain after your Jamie Oliver dinner. I had a nosey at your diary midweek and you were being very good so maybe the scales are reflecting your canny damage limitation plan.

I am starting a new paper food diary today as the old one is full. The stats so far are 38 pounds in 19 weeks. A nice round 2 pound a week average despite all the bad weeks and good weeks, so I am happy with that.

Good luck to those still to weigh :)

Yay Silly Sausage, that's fantastic, well done!!! You've done really really well, and you should feel so good about yourself. Great to be starting a new food diary on such a high, I know that when you complete the next one you'll have done really well - can't wait to reading that post, and hearing about your continued success!

Weighed in today and gained 1lb...

Like Why_d I don't think that is a true reflection either and next week will tell the tale. It is my * week, and I have been on plan all week up to yesterday. I think that what I did eat I ate yesterday evening (I had a flexi day), so it's that that's showing on the scales, not necessarily true weight.

It's my first week that I haven't lost, but I'm not feeling too despondent about it. Yesterday morning I was on course for a slight loss, and there's no way I ate enough yesterday to gain a true pound. I even said no to the roast potatoes!

Weighed in today and gained 1lb...

Like Why_d I don't think that is a true reflection either and next week will tell the tale. It is my * week, and I have been on plan all week up to yesterday. I think that what I did eat I ate yesterday evening (I had a flexi day), so it's that that's showing on the scales, not necessarily true weight.

It's my first week that I haven't lost, but I'm not feeling too despondent about it. Yesterday morning I was on course for a slight loss, and there's no way I ate enough yesterday to gain a true pound. I even said no to the roast potatoes!

Well, you know what? I honestly think that showing up and weighing in on Boxing Day - *BOXING DAY*!! - is a massive victory. Regardless of the numbers, it shows real commitment to lifelong weight loss and healthy eating. I don't think today is an accurate reflection either, but it's good to weigh in and not take a two/three week holiday (which I know a LOT of people are doing!).

You know the other, slightly selfish, thing? I am pleased that most people here have done terrifically well and will be here together in 2011 to get to goal - I feel really optimistic about the new year, instead of feeling like 'starting', it's continuing with a great group of people (and I haven't even had anything to drink yet...!).

Merry Christmas sunday weighers hope you all had an amazing time!

OK here goes - I said I would be here to weigh in and that is exactly what I am doing!! I am being accountable for my very naughty actions!!

The good intentions did not last long last week and I was very weak and from very early on I had lots of very bad days of over eating and drinking - I enjoyed myself thoroughly but really let things get out of control. but I know what I did it is one week out of the year and even with quite a large gain (eek 4lb) I have still done really well since I started and lost 41lbs in total (since end of May).

So now is my time to reflect and have started back to it this morning in the aim to loose those 4lbs again and get towards my target in 2011! This is a lifestyle change and am in this for the long run so here goes.

Well done to everyone who reported in here this week and especially well done to those who managed to lose or managed only a small gain!

Back