Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Roziee said:
Then use that as motivation Hun.. :)

The key to slimming world is organisation. You will be healthy and you will love the way you look..

It doesn't matter that you were off track, what matters is that you take this by the horns now and take each meal at a time and you will lose weight.

I have been over weight my whole life. Both me and my younger sister were born 9 lbs each, she...? She's wonderfully tall and slim, whereas I was over weight my whole life. I was 8 stones at the age of 8, and i remember my teacher asking me to stand on the scales after seeing her weigh in at 8 stones, and i thought.. How can I be the same weight as someone 4 times my age!

I was lucky that i was never taunted by my peers at school,i was the 'fun fat popular agony aunt' girl at school, was blessed with alot of friends, more male than female for most of my years, but i hated everything about my body. I hated and still hate my belly the most.

When i was 20 I loss about 3 stones through the Atkins and just general healthy eating when i was at home one summer from uni.. But when i went back to uni after the summer I put all the weight back on...

Then I met my husband in 2008 and he was everything I wanted in a man: he was kind, funny, incredibly ambitious, hard working and so.. So caring. He understood my battle with weight because he was seriously overweight at one point but he put his mind to it and lost so much weight.. He was a slim jim when I met him. He used to go to the gym 5 times a week, used to eat super healthy meals..but he never judged me for being over weight and was only interested in me being healthy..

:( but then he stopped going to the gym, because of me.. Well i say its me, he says its his own doing.. But i guarantee you if i had been slim he wouldnt have stopped going.. I ate unhealthily so did he.. And since weve been married he's put on 3 stones.. And I blame myself every day for that.

2010 i was constantly I'll from one thing or another: throat infection, kidney infection, fever, generally being tired, always feeling upset, depressed.. I had enough!

Enough of feeling so **** all the time, enough of feeling like the fat friend when we get together, enough of looking at Evans instead of new look. I just had enough.. So 14 march,2011 I joined sw and i have not looked back.

I tell you all this because you should not, for one minute lose hope and faith. It's okay to feel sad for a while but don't let your emotions dictate your eating now Hun. I wasted so many years being fat. Im only 26 and i don't want to be fat at 30.

Make a menu for the week, then make your food shopping list, go get the food and you'll be fine.

We're here if you need us.

I'M here if you need me.

Rozie

Thankyou for posting Rosie, that's truly inspirational

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i've not been reading your food diary but make sure you're having your full allowance of syns as often as possible. at your weight they're required. infact i would suggest that for the next few weeks you should intentionally oversyn 2 days a week. you dont want your body going into starvation mode or you'll plateau for ages. at your weight your body needs more calories than someone following the same diet at 200lb. although slimmingworld isnt a calorie counting diet it's sometimes worth keeping them in mind. have a look at the following site, it'll tell you how many calories you can eat to lose weight, you'll see that it recommends calorie cycling to keep the body in weight loss mode.

Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs

i usually have at least 1 flexi syn night a week and it usually works for me. but you have to keep in mind that your losses will slow down and you will get to a point where it's only a pound or two a week. but over the course of the year that at least 4 stone. which really is alot. SW isnt a crash diet. it's a way of life.

I really should check in here more often! Thanks Why_D. I need 3000kcals per day to maintain according to the calculators.

I went to see my doctor yesterday because I had a sneaky peak and yet again I've not budged even half a pound. I'm EXACTLY the same weight as last week.

I've been having about 1400 kcals on an average day and have been quite active this week but still no movement. The doctor said I'm not having enough calories too.

The thing is though...I don't keep higher calorie food in the house. I'm eating 3 times a day, I'm full and sated when I go to bed.

I don't know how to have more calories without going back to eating unhealthily or having a binge. I had an extra meal yesterday and felt really uncomfortably full and sluggish.

Urgh...

I've never stuck with a diet long enough to reach a plateau so had no idea you could just stop losing weight. It's really alien to me! My instinct when I don't lose is to have less calories...for the first time in my life I don't want to eat more and now it's not working! Grr!

TheMissus said:
I really should check in here more often! Thanks Why_D. I need 3000kcals per day to maintain according to the calculators.

I went to see my doctor yesterday because I had a sneaky peak and yet again I've not budged even half a pound. I'm EXACTLY the same weight as last week.

I've been having about 1400 kcals on an average day and have been quite active this week but still no movement. The doctor said I'm not having enough calories too.

The thing is though...I don't keep higher calorie food in the house. I'm eating 3 times a day, I'm full and sated when I go to bed.

I don't know how to have more calories without going back to eating unhealthily or having a binge. I had an extra meal yesterday and felt really uncomfortably full and sluggish.

Urgh...

I've never stuck with a diet long enough to reach a plateau so had no idea you could just stop losing weight. It's really alien to me! My instinct when I don't lose is to have less calories...for the first time in my life I don't want to eat more and now it's not working! Grr!

Hiya, could you up your syns/ calorie intake by adding it to your main meals instead eg - SYN some butter that you could add to mash, or add more cheese etc?

Do you have a food diary we could all look at to come up with ideas?

Kx

Since I saw my doctor yesterday I've upped things a little by snacking, just feels wrong, lol.

My food diary is linked to in my signature. Thanks :)

TheMissus said:
Since I saw my doctor yesterday I've upped things a little by snacking, just feels wrong, lol.

My food diary is linked to in my signature. Thanks :)

When I click it (in my phone) it takes me to your recipes - what am I doing wrong?

BTW. snacking isn't wrong hun , enjoy it!! I have got a taste for cadbury fingers lol and these chocolate krispies in a pot from Tesco.
Kx

Kx

Wow Roziee, what an inspiring post - thanks for sharing!!

Urgh...

Hi themissus - we both have a lot of weight to lose, so I thought I would chip in and say that some weeks are slow and others speed up, but you WILL get there with consistent effort!

The thing that helped me a lot was to take up walking. It really made a gigantic difference to my weight loss, because it gave me a separate focus to food, and I loved how it started to change my fitness and health and all that. I bought a pedometer and I try to walk between 8 k and 10k steps a day, and it is a lot of effort, but makes a difference.

I also eat a fair bit, but I try to eat loads of fresh fruit and veg, so loads of bananas and stuff. I have a diary where I keep a list of everything I eat - I think it's pretty healthy, and I do feel and look very healthy at the moment.

You'll get there, stick at it and don't give up!!!

Urgh...

i know it's tough, esp now you've got into the way of things but that's exactly the problem. your body is used to the way now and is plateauing because of it.

i tend to snack of things like curly wurly's but to stop myself eating it too quickly and then wanting another i freeze mine. they're much more satisfying, only 6 syns and dont fill you up or make you bloated. i dont think they'll make you change your ways... but may just give the body the nudge it needs ;)

or you could try using fuller fat products for a few weeks see if it helps, like for your HEa portions of milk or cheese etc. i wouldnt recommend drastically changing your eating ways... such as extra meals, just tweak them a bit for a while to get those extra calories in there

here's me giving out advice when i fully expect another gain this week! last week i'd no issue with it, it was my body righting itself after consistent loses, this week it was just sheer piggery! through different reasons i ended up eating out almost every night. it happens sometimes. just need to take it on the chin and hope next week is a bit calmer. lol

The doctor said I'm not having enough calories too.

Urgh...

Nuts!!! They are the perfect solution for a healthy veggie who is looking for extra calories that don't fill you up much. I can totally understand why you would not want to eat junk for the sake of it, but nuts are so super-nutritious that you shouldn't feel guilty about the extra calories.

Superfoods: Nuts

Nuts and seeds can be added to most meals, cereals, salads, curries, puddings...and Nature has even portion controlled nuts into handy wee shapes so you don't even have to get your scales out. Good luck Missus :)

Hi Pinkie - sorry to read you gained and are not a happy bunny about it.

As Rosiee says, it is all about organisation. Remember you said you were going to make a list of all the lovely foods you liked? Get the list and make a plan for the coming week. Even if it is just a menu of 7 main meals that you have the ingredients for. You then have the basis for a good week and can slot in any extras you fancy as you go.

(I never plan evening meals religiously as some days you just fancy something spicy or something chewy, if you know what I mean, so there has to be some flexibility)

Hope you get your mojo back soon. Why not promise yourself to try for 100% until 30th, then have an off plan birthday on the understanding that you will get straight on track right after? It might not seem so daunting if you are only committing yourself to 2 weeks on plan. By that time you will be loving it again :) x

Thanks for the advice on the pitta crisps, btw. I had them tonight and they were very nice. Got 16 out of one pitta. Had them with quorn chilli and a yummy dip made from ff fromage frais, lemon juice and spring onions.

Been a mixed week for me. Lots of good meals and exercise, but a few too many unhealthy snacks a couple of nights.

Spent ages today in the garden with my lad - he is teaching me to hula hoop. We got one of those big weighted ones delivered this week. My lad, little skinny skelf of a thing with snake hips, had never hula'd in his life and is like a pro! I am rubbish, but getting there. Even if I don't have a loss in the morning, I will have sore abs for sure! I can really feel it!

Just popping in to wish everyone good luck for WI tomorrow!

I'm not expecting a loss as I've ended up eating out 4 times this week...:eek: Business meetings and meals out with friends - so I've had a good week, but probably not on the scales!

Hey that's a great idea SS, nuts! I love nuts, shouldn't be too much of a hardship to slip in some almonds or cashews, yum! Thanks for the advice. I'll be sticking with it, the plateau has me disheartened and a bit fed up but certainly not thinking of going back to eating crap, lol.

Good luck for tomorrow guys!

Thats the spirit Missus, plateaus/getting stuck/yo yo pounds I've had them all but I am still here plodding along, because I know that the weight WILL come off. Maybe not as fast I would like, maybe not when I have been wearing my SW halo all week. But slowly but surely those pounds do go :D

Good luck for all your weigh in guys and may all your digits be little ones :D

Lost 6lbs this week - so thats the 5lb gain last week gone and an additional pound! Well chuffed.

Well done on losses so far all! And for those who have sts or gain - even more kudos to you for still being here! It will come down next week.
I loved my week of removing the pressure. I was pretty good all week, not worrying about Sunday weigh in, had lots of sneaky peaks. (!!) did a lot of exercise, at least 30 mins a day of out of breath stuff like cycling or running. And.... Ate loads!!! Yum yum
And..... 1.5 off today !!!

So, slow mo here has lost 20 lbs since mid dec, got 1.7 lbs to go to get under 11 stone then just one stone left to hack away at! I will likely lower my target a bit when I get under ten, but will wait and see.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey! Love that phrase :)

Have a great day everyone!

Hi gorgeous Sunday weighers, am a bit exuberant because I've lost....

2 1/2 lbs, taking me to a total of 74.5 lbs in total!!!

Woo hoo, am so so so pleased, because I've been working really hard these last few weeks!!

Back