Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Thank you kwise x

I'm making sw quiche for the very first time- been wanting to make this since the very beginning but kept on forgetting to leave enough cottage cheese to make it.. Smells yummy.. Should be done in 5 minutes..

ok so i'm as bald as a...........very bald thing, as nekkid as the day i was born, scrubbed red raw from washing/ exfoliating, tummy sucked in, trying not to breathe standing on one leg trying not to fall over when the hubby walks in.........my next line would be what?! lol

Nothing as your breathing in and can't say anything until the scales decide on how much you've lost :p

ok so i'm as bald as a...........very bald thing, as nekkid as the day i was born, scrubbed red raw from washing/ exfoliating, tummy sucked in, trying not to breathe standing on one leg trying not to fall over when the hubby walks in.........my next line would be what?! lol

That you were auditioning for a part as sunburnt Long John Silver :D

Or you can blame the Sunday thread 'nutters' who told you to do it lol

Hi all
really new to SW and like some of you signed up to body optimise on a sunday!!! next sunday will be my first weigh in and just realising how hard its going to be on friday and saturday nights!!! Anyway will see how it goes.

I am doing EE and hoping I'm getting it right.

Great reading all your fantastic losses - really inspirational.

Steph x :)

Hi Steph, welcome to the Sunday gang :D

If you think about it the other way round, Sunday could be the best day to weigh in as it will (hopefully) help keep you on track over the weekend

Good luck :)

:welcome: Steph to the sunday thread I'm sure you're going to love SW and this thread :D

Like Smartie said Sunday can be the best day to weigh in as it can help to keep you on track

Good luck for next week and your future weighl loss :D Xx

Cheers folks - will certainly make me watch how many glasses I fill over the weekend!!

Thanks and well done for all your losses.

steph

sam1967 said:
Hi all
really new to SW and like some of you signed up to body optimise on a sunday!!! next sunday will be my first weigh in and just realising how hard its going to be on friday and saturday nights!!! Anyway will see how it goes.

I am doing EE and hoping I'm getting it right.

Great reading all your fantastic losses - really inspirational.

Steph x :)

:welcome: Steph

Sorry for my delay, but have been practising the list for losing weight- lol

See you on the thread or WI Sunday

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello and welcome Steph! :party0011: (apologies in advance for calling you Sam in the future)

Well done Roziee on your fabulous loss! :bunnydance:

Smartiebob - I use this recipe off t'internet as it doesn't have any evil fakey sugar in it. I make it in a loaf tin then divvy it into 8 pieces, wrap them individually in foil and freeze them. About 1.5 syns a piece and it tastes Christmas cakey!

SCAN BRAN CARROT CAKE

It's quick, incredibly simple and can be enjoyed for 11 Syns - no not per slice - that's 11 Syns for the whole cake!

4 Scan Bran (crushed), soaked in water then mashed
5oz carrot (grated)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp runny honey
3 eggs (beaten)
1 weetabix (crushed)
½ tsp mixed spice
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp mincemeat

Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Turn the mixture into a lined tin, cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for a further 30 mins. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.

Last edited:
I have just updated my weighing stats- put it off as I have become worse than my 4 year and wanted to stomp around in a moody!! And I only lost 1 measly pound in April! April is definitely not my favourite month ;)

Apart from the list I compiled- does anyone have any realistic suggestions for me in order to speed up my weight loss- or should I just continue?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think that was the same recipe that someone made for taster evening. I shall give it a go, thanks :D

I think I am on 0 loss this month so far Kwise - so dont be dismissive of your pound :p

Have you tried any different day ie instead of green or EE try red? Maybe a success express week?

Hey K i don't have anything to suggest but i didn't want you to think we were ignoring your comment. I read your Food diary daily and don't see anything wrong with it as you do seem to mix up your Red, Green and EE days so all i can suggest is to keep going with it and maybe through in afew more red days so it may limit the pasta/rice you can have on EE and green (even though we're allowed it) as it might help to shock your body into burning the calories and losing weight? Xx

Last edited:
Thats the spirit Missus :D Both Sum and I have had plateaus but we are still both here battling on :) You, like many of us on here are in for a long journey - Both Sum and I have just done over a year now, and if I am being realistic its probably going to take at least until the end of this year to get the rest off.

The highs and lows are all part of the 'journey' its how you deal with the lows, in not letting them dictate the direction you ultimately want to go that signifies a successful dieter. I'll hold my hands up and admit to sulking like a petulant 2 year old when I dont lose, but I get over it. Because at the end of the day, its not really the 1/2/3 etc bad weigh ins that matter - its my total loss and how much it has improved my life and confidence that spurs me on to keep going through the tough times

Yeah I think that's what is keeping me going now, how much better I feel minus the 50lbs I've already lost. Determined not to go back, it doesn't even occur to me actually, which is great!

Another thing is I jumped on the scales this morning and was minus 3lbs. Dunno if it's just fluctuation or not but I did have water retention yesterday, hands were actually sore they were that puffy...and it was gone today plus * week so hopefully next week I'll finally see a good loss. If not, I'll sulk and cry for the day and be over it by Monday again, lol.

Kwise - your food diary looks great to me too. The only thing I might suggest is to record at the bottom how much fluids you are drinking and also any activity/exercise. It will just make you more mindful of such things and you will be able to see the whole picture when you look back at it.

I am heavier now than I was at the start of the month. Not panicking...yet :eek:

I tried to answer to all the posts, but I couldn't keep up - this thread is jumping!!

Hope that everyone is having a fab week; I'm on holiday, and am determined to either maintain or lose on Sunday, which is a great incentive to watch what I eat. I also made a bargain with myself that I would walk my 10k steps every day although I have to make a big effort because I'm not doing my normal routine. It's going well so far!

SO: if I love 1/2 lb on Sunday, that's a massive success as I'm meeting up with friends for lunch every day this week!!!

Back