Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Hi all!
Well done on all losses, I am ashamed to say I was 0% last week! *hides face in shame* I haven't weighed myself as we had guests yesterday in our tiny tiny flat so I'm just going to push through to next Sunday.

On plan today so that's a good start!

Hi guys, no shame here - we are all doing fabulously well for BEING here, big hugs and whoops of applause for all!

Okay, why do I get nights still when I overeat? Here’s what I’ve come up with, it’s not perfect, but still:
- I am tired and want a break from all the ‘to do’; overeating is a very very very firm sign that I am taking a break from life
- I want to comfort/treat myself – I need to build in alternatives
- I think it’s what I really want
- It’s entrenched habit

I had a pizza last night, blech. But interestingly, I knew at the time that what I really wanted was a hot shower, to light some candles and chill out. But eating the pizza did not bring me comfort and relaxation. I was tense, I ate it at my desk, I felt tired. But because I had it, I ate it. I made myself throw it out halfway through, sanity returned, but still.

I also know that when I don’t drink enough water, I feel clogged and ‘dirty’ with coffee (physically, it’s not a mental thing), and it leads me to make poor choices.

I’m also sluggish and tired with the darker mornings; I’ve not been walking enough either. But I have bought my new pedometer, I threw out the pizza, I’m obviously carrying on as usual! But it’s interesting to get some insight into why I overeat. I barely understand myself even as I’m doing it. It’s like I’m looking for some ‘high’ which food does not give me any more or something. It’s like I need to address other things in my life (my terrible on/off relationship).

Anyway, one of the things I wanted to do this week was to shine a light on my impulses and dig deeper a little. I'm not 'perfect' with my eating, I struggle and I have ups and downs. It's not hard but it's not easy either, if that makes sense.

Ramble ramble ramble...:)

Hope all is well with everyone - I've packed healthy food for the day, I've got my pedometer, I'm aiming for a super healthy Tuesday when food is not an issue, just a means to an end!

I have a theory that at this time of the year, people see leaves falling from the trees and they eat in panic. It goes back to the cavemen days. Seriously. Hope you have a lovely, energising day today Honey :)

Moz - I read your post last night before I went to bed and fell asleep pondering self employment which combines your amazing communication and organisational skills with flexible hours and zero start-up costs. Woke up this morning and my first thought was "ebay trading assistant". Worth a google?

Have a great day all and hopefully we will be invaded later by smurfs after Tuesday night weigh in! :D (The newbies will think I've gone mad, but you old-timers will know what I mean :eek:)

silly sausage said:
Hi Madmavey - try not to let it get you down. Last week is old history now. Hope you have a great week this week :party0011:

Thanks for the support, I am back on track but am a firm believer in your theory about this time of year. Just want to eat all rubbish stuff, but know that I will feel rubbish if I do. Am going to think positive from now on...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Puppies are evil.

I wrote a long rambling typical message this morning but when I came to post it the internet had disappeared!! Where had it gone I ask you?!?! Pup had chewed through the cable while I had been typing. She is in disgrace as is LittleOM for owning the pup and so am I for (a) defending LittleOM and (b) coming up with the defence for the pup which was "pups will be pups". I failed to be suitably angry. I did give her a big telling off but that was before he-who-thinks-he-must-be-obeyed woke up so didn't witness my stern over-the-top-of-my-glasses glare!

Luckily we have a spare cable that came with the modem/router and I just moved the router down from the other end of the house so we don't need the big cable sprawling through the house. Honestly, that cable was an accident waiting to happen! Roger the Lodger won't be able to access the internet from his room except wirelessly or at his own risk with a cable. That is his problem. Oooh I'm being all tough!! Go me!! :8855:

Anyway, I have no earthly clue what I said this morning other than thanking Gail and Sausage for trying to help me. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :D

I'm sticking with being good. Only mischief was a couple of choc chip cookies which I think would still be within syns. They were ever so nice considering they were supermarket economy own-brand cheapies. I think I better not get any more though ( apart from the packet I bought today shhhhh I didn't tell you that! :eek: ).

OH is working a late shift tonight, I've just taken him in something to eat and left the car with him so he can drive home late tonight, so LittleOM and I are both back in his good books. Poor little Stinker the Pup though got busted having run off with his cricket bat - so she is really not popular :8855:

Hope everyone is keeping to the straight and slinky and having a tip-top week! What-o!! Actually I was going to type "what ho!" as that is how I imagined it spelt but when I looked at it, it looked a tad Jerry Springer show :eek: :8855:

Enough wittering, at this rate I'll be making your poor eyes bleed and your head spin - not a good look! :p

Hello all! I just thought I ought to pop in to update you all on what's going on with me at the moment.
I have moved down to my Mum's about a week and a half ago now. I haven't been weighing or really following SW because things are just too up in the air to concentrate on anything right now. We havent been eating badly, but to be honest we haven't really been eating anything much at all.
My scales are still up in Manchester at the house so I havent even got the option to see whats going on.

I'm in a much better state at the moment though, I'm not as upset anymore and am just getting on with things that need to be sorted out regarding the move etc.

Some good news though! I've got a job interview this afternoon down in Hove for a New Claims handler with an insurance underwriter, so that's promising at least! The main thing at the moment is just to get some money coming in so I can have some independance and not feel like I'm a kid again having to ask my mum for pocket money!!!
So wish me luck for that and I'll let you all know how I get on later.
I'm hoping to be a bit more active on here now that things are starting to settle down a bit more, though I am not following SW just yet. Hopefully I will get back to it very soon, but it's just not a priority right now.

I hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves!
xXx

Great to hear from you Emma and so glad that things are starting to settle down for you. Life goes on and we slowly rebuild our lives and hopefully for you it will be a much improved one! Good luck with the interview - insurance isn't all bad, I worked in insurance all my career, perhaps that is why I am the way I am now :8855:

I look forward to reading great things from you in the coming weeks!

elb4160 said:
Hello all! I just thought I ought to pop in to update you all on what's going on with me at the moment.
I have moved down to my Mum's about a week and a half ago now. I haven't been weighing or really following SW because things are just too up in the air to concentrate on anything right now. We havent been eating badly, but to be honest we haven't really been eating anything much at all.
My scales are still up in Manchester at the house so I havent even got the option to see whats going on.

I'm in a much better state at the moment though, I'm not as upset anymore and am just getting on with things that need to be sorted out regarding the move etc.

Some good news though! I've got a job interview this afternoon down in Hove for a New Claims handler with an insurance underwriter, so that's promising at least! The main thing at the moment is just to get some money coming in so I can have some independance and not feel like I'm a kid again having to ask my mum for pocket money!!!
So wish me luck for that and I'll let you all know how I get on later.
I'm hoping to be a bit more active on here now that things are starting to settle down a bit more, though I am not following SW just yet. Hopefully I will get back to it very soon, but it's just not a priority right now.

I hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves!
xXx

Hi Emma, glad to hear you are feeling a bit more positive, hope the interview went well x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry to post and run but I am heading out: weighing in a day early as tomorrow will be hectic. Finally lost one!! Only 6.3 to get to target. Might take me a year :)

Yay. Well done WG. Doesn't matter how long it takes, what matters is that you stick at it.

WHERE ARE THE TUESDAY TWINS ?????

Ozzie - hope your pup is behaving !!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Gail! The irony is that I know if I have 6-8 excellent weeks I could do it. I guess my head is no longer in the ' be excellent zone' as I feel so much better about myself. Never mind, I will get there! X

I just weighed myself early. Not sure why, maybe because I didn't last Sunday. I think I've put on 2lbs :( I know I was off plan last week but I've been good this week plus swimming... I suppose I hoped it would even out.

Hi Emma - hope the interview went well :)

Well done Woodland Girl - so near to target!

Pinkie - weigh again on Sunday and take the better result hehe. Chin up though. As long as you are eating healthily and exercising, the scales will catch up with you.

I had an ok first half of the week then trailed off so not hoping for much this weekend.

Evening ladies! (and Why_d!!!)

I think the interview went ok, waiting to hear back from my contact at the recruitment agency.

Today has been a stupidly tiring day, we left home at about 5.30 this morning and headed up to Manchester to get the last of my stuff and have only just got in!!!
But I got everything I wanted (if i havent got it its tough) and took my keys in to the letting agency so that's done. It was absolutely heartbreaking going back there though, the house was a state, so he's really not been looking after himself which is so hard for me to see and not be able to do anything to help. It was very tough saying goodbye to my cat as well, but there's just no feasable way we could bring her back down here or have her in the flat at my mums, it wouldnt be fair on her :(
He wasn't there, he's been at work today, so I think that might have been a good thing, but of course with it being so far away it also really hit home that I will most likely never see him ever again - considering we've been together almost 7 years and living together for almost 4 and a half years that is going to be the hardest thing. If we'd had a big argument and I was angry with him or hated him (etc) this would be so so much easier...

On another note I've got my scales now, so will weigh myself in a bit and see what the damage of all this has been on my waistline.

Take care
xXx

My heart really goes out to you. I hope everything works out for the best, I really do.
Who knows, maybe once you're settled and maybe have your own place, your cat can come join you in your new life :)

No Ozzie this week ??? Ozzie is usually the first to WI. Hope you're ok Ozzie.

I'm first up today. Got to go somewhere. Will catch up with the rest of you on my phone.

I lost 6 lb today. It could have been more until today but I'm glad it wasn't because I felt that was a bit too big a loss. Is good because as you can see from my signature I've had a pretty disasterous month so far. I feel as 'slim' (obviously not really, but relatively speaking) as I've ever been and my clothes are the loosest they've ever been. I have nothing in my wardrobe from the past that doesn't fit any more. Yay. Hopefully back into the 11's again soon and then a slow downward trend (fingers crossed).

Good luck for everyone else today.

Gail x

Morning ladies....hope the scales are kind today!
Emma I hope you wake with at least a little sense of closure and relief after your mammoth day yesterday!
Will post once I've sorted boys out and jumped on the scales!

morning all

another pound in the right direction for me :D

good luck all!

Good Morning all, Good luck to all today
Iv just got off the scales and im very happy 4lb loss for me this week :)
Another mini target hit. Iv now lost 2 stone in total since I started and a stone of that is since my re-start.
I'm now right in the middle of my weight loss journey, 27lbs to go.
Im now living in London 260 miles away from home since 8th July and by the time we go home end of next month I could be 1.5 stones lighter. Nice shock for them lol

Morning again! Well done Gail...6lb is awesome! Why_d another 1lb, your total loss is an inspiration, and Vicky 4lb well done you!

As for me 2lb off this week, that means ive crossed the two stone barrier, gone into the 8's and I'm at target!! Whoop whoop!! Thinking I might reduce it by a few pounds though as I still feel I could go more as I'm in between sizes (and I don't want to gain just to fit clothes). Thanks to all the support my fellow Sunday weighers have given me, I've done this without going to class and it's down to the help and encouragement I have received here....big thanks! Going off to celebrate with a cooked breakfast...SW style of course ;)

Back