Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Good morning all,
1lb off for me this week. I know that I am in this for the long haul ;)

Hello there,

How are we all doing this wonderful Sunday?

I awoke earlier this morning and got on the scales and found I was a pound down.... I went back to bed and when I got up I weighed again and I was back to last weeks weight....... so I'm taking the earlier reading as the "right" one. One pound down I'm happy with.... roll on next week!

Have a grand week everyone....

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

How did you manage to do that Judith, did you accidently eat the cover off your pillow in your sleep? :D

Hi everyone. Just weighed in and have put on 2 pound. Am feeling disheartened as have been ill all week with Shingles. I have tried to stick to the diet, when I have felt like eating, but when I just weighed in the scales show a gain. Am really fed up and need some inspiration ? Help!!

I think that gain is more your body reacting to the shingles rather than a proper gain. Dont forget your body is trying to fight the shingles off and repair itself at the same time which requires energy, so your body is probably trying to replenish it's stores to help itself. Take care of yourself Madmavey and I hope you feel better soon :)

Well back on the scales - as I needed to as I have totally lost the plot!!
I have gained 4lbs and am now no where near my old goals which I set , reached and now squashed!!
So some early new years res:
I will weigh in every Sunday and report in
I will post my diaries

I tried yesterday to get back on track but it was like going cold turkey & I failed ( in the evening)

I have set myself a goal to get back to where I was by new year !!!
:fingerscrossed: I will get there :)

Kx

:( I've been there myself K, and know just how you feel at the moment. I think you just need to focus on the plan meal by meal - if you go off plan try not to beat yourself up over it, but get back to it the next meal - not the next day.

Its taken me about 2 months to get back into the swing of it and regain my focus and I was very close to quitting after realising that I had gained back nearly a stone :( But the thought of putting all the weight back on stopped me. I actually cried in class at the sheer fear of that :eek: I remember how it used to feel to be that big and I never ever want to go back to that.

It has helped coming back here and posting regulary again and not hiding :cool: it does help to keep me on track and gives me focus throughout the day. So its good that you are going to ressurect your diary and post regular weigh ins.

And yes, you will get there, and so will I :D The only thing we all have to do is to never quit trying :) If you want a bit of challenge, why dont you join Sausage and I on the 777 challenge and just try and see how many days you can do? Theres a thread on the main board about it. But its basically 7 syns per day, 7 glasses of water (approx 2 litres) and 7 speed or superspeed foods per day

Last edited:
Good morning guys!!! Well, am pleased to report that I've lost 1.5 lbs this week, taking me to a total of 108 lbs lost. I've got lots of small goals coming up, so that's quite motivational:

- 2 lbs to lose 110 lbs
- 4 lbs to lose 8 stones
- 5 lbs to lose my goal weight for 2011

Seven more weigh ins for 2011, which is half a stone at a conservative 1 lbs a week.

Am pleased this morning to have got out of my rut, and to be back on the downward slope again - hope everyone has a good weigh in, will be back to cheer everyone that posts today!!

Woohoo Honey, I'm made up for you I really am! I'm sat here with a smile on my face at the fact that you have now reached my starting weight!!!!! I know when I first started on here I used to look at people's stats and think I would love to be that weight.

I hope you reach your goals very soon :D

Only half a pound on for me this week which is great considering the week I've had. Smartie has taken me in hand now and I am optimistic for a better result next week.

Sorry to post and run, but I am Hank Marvin! Back later x

Morning all,
2lb off for me, i'm so happy after last month. :)
Silly Sausage Jake gets away with everything! He slept the entire night under the duvet with me as we were both un well last night.We slept for 12 hours lol
Congrats to everyone on your losses

Well I finally got a battery for my scales so at least I know what I weigh now. I know I've gained but I can't remember what I was before! So I don't have much to report.

Well done all the losers this week :party0038:

Madmavey - I think you should concentrate on trying to be as comfortable as possible until you are well again. Stressing about food and your small gain will only hinder your recovery. You can tackle the gain when you are fighting fit again :D

Get well soon too, Vicky and Jake :)

Kwise - Glad you weighed in today and have a plan. This will ensure you are safe from the slippery slope. Have a great week!

Pinkie - new home, new kitten, new start. Go Pinkie!! :party0011:

Thank you to everyone for their kind messages. My lovely man has just cooked a lovely shepherds pie so am just going to have a piece of that. Well done to everyone on their losses x

Glad to read so much positive thinking going on and some good weigh-ins too! I didn't actually weigh myself this week, it's sort of gone out of my head. Remember my old lady friend, Daphne her of the "old lady cakes" well I was called on Saturday evening to tell me that she passed away on Friday last week. It was very sudden, we had seen her for tea on the Wednesday and she seemed in fine fettle but apparently took ill the next day and passed away on the Friday as I said. She was 92 or 93 so she had a most excellent innings and was as sharp as a tack right til the end and was one of the loveliest people that I have ever had the privilege to meet, I don't think there is a person anywhere that could say a thing against her. I only knew her for a relatively short time, but me and LittleOzMoz are going to miss her hugely. I wish we had known the last time we said good-bye that that would be it.

More drama then came yesterday with my stepson (21) splitting up somewhat acrimoniously with his partner. It's been on the cards for a while, he is no saint but she is a real manipulative game player. So, having to try and get him sorted emotionally, financially and find housing for him. I just want a quiet life but it seems that is not my lot in life for now :rotflmao: one day!!

On the plus side work is plodding along well, i've got 3 shifts this week which is better than last weeks 2 and I did remind the manager that I would be happy to do any extra hours if they came up at short notice etc.... so keeping fingers crossed.

I have a big day of stuff to sort out today, but tomorrow hopefully things might quieten down and then I'm going to try and work out an eating plan for myself to fit in around shifts etc.. I will feel better when I feel more in control and whilst there are things I can't control - surely I can control what I eat!

Hope everyone has a good week and I might even give this 777 thing a whirl ...

Morning all.

Well I only weighed in this week in order to set the limit beyond which I'm never going to go again!

I've had a few weeks of being really bad - but I THINK (hope) I'm now ready to get back on that hoss. I have at least brought good healthy food into work for today, so here's hoping.

So if I'm not here posting a decent loss next week, please come over to my fred and give me a good kicking!

Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend Moz :( you always spoke very kindly of both her, and her cakes. Maybe you could have a baking session with LittleOzMoz as a small way to remember her.

((hugs))

blue*smartie said:
Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend Moz :( you always spoke very kindly of both her, and her cakes. Maybe you could have a baking session with LittleOzMoz as a small way to remember her.

((hugs))

That's a lovely thought BS

I had a 100% yesterday - very difficult indeed , was like cold turkey!!

Today I made sure the kids watched me making their tea so I didn't eat any!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I clearly haven't been paying attention as I missed that it was Graduation Day! Yayyyy - go Smartie and Sum!! Woop woop!! Hope you both have a fantastic day - your families must be so proud of you both and rightly so!

This is probably going to make me look stupid/rude for not paying attention but what are you graduating from? I know uni, but what subject?

Back