Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

The counters/ coins idea is so working! I hate moving them out of one container to the other, so I am avoiding syns! lol. Only had 6 today and is stopped me eating a bag of crisps tonight, I ate fruit instead! lol. Anyone not tried it? I highly recommend it.

The counters/ coins idea is so working! I hate moving them out of one container to the other, so I am avoiding syns! lol. Only had 6 today and is stopped me eating a bag of crisps tonight, I ate fruit instead! lol. Anyone not tried it? I highly recommend it.

I absolutely love this idea!! Am thinking of doing it with money, perhaps...and being able to spend the leftover amounts, lol.

What a fabulous idea - going to get some coloured pebbles and some containers, that's so inspirational.

:553: (I just like this - no idea what it means!!)

Soup for lunch everyday this week. I try to alternate 1 week soup lunches, 1 week something different

I am having soupy lunches this week too. I am really feeling the cold this year since losing some fat and find soup thaws out ma old bones :) Also means I don't have to think about lunches *is lazy*

Judith - your scales sound dodgy. Perhaps you could also measure with a tape to keep you motivated on weeks that your scales are acting up.

Has anyone seen Moz?? I haven't seen much of her since someone put a kilt on her goat :confused: (That's a sentence I don't use very often)

Hey Honey, hope it works for you! Not my idea, I read it on here somewhere. Your money or pebbles sound good :)

Definitely sounds like a good idea - after 17 months of losing weight, I am so slack about keeping track of my syns, so it will be a good boost for sure! :)

I am having soupy lunches this week too. I am really feeling the cold this year since losing some fat and find soup thaws out ma old bones :) Also means I don't have to think about lunches *is lazy*

Judith - your scales sound dodgy. Perhaps you could also measure with a tape to keep you motivated on weeks that your scales are acting up.

Has anyone seen Moz?? I haven't seen much of her since someone put a kilt on her goat :confused: (That's a sentence I don't use very often)

Hey SillY!!! I'm absolutely freezing all the time as well - I feel like it's minus 20 or something; I know it's because there is 8 stones less of me, but it's really hard to deal with right now. Love the idea of soup, but I always want bread with it, and that's where I go wrong for sure!

Have ordered some black wristies to help keep my hands warm when I'm at work, hopefully they won't be too obvious Am also thinking of silk thermal underwear lol. I'm hoping that i've acclimatised by next winter!

Yoo hooo - only me! :D

I've mainly been being a tad growly, mentally if not out loud. Reggie is always growly but with the heat we've been having at least he's getting some airflow with the kilt on ;) :D

Car was back in the garage today, hopefully this time they've fixed it! time will tell - but I'll tell you this much, I'm not leaving home for a while without my book and a drink of water just in case and I'm not going very far either. No trust!

Weight-wise I think I've put on heaps lately. My clothes are all tight - I think that's partly why I'm growly. I seem to be on a downward spiral which is mad because in many ways things are not exactly going well but are certainly a lot better than they were say 3 or 4 months ago. I just seem to have no control over anything. I'm not eating large volumes or bingeing just eating all the wrong foods because in some ways I feel as if I just don't care. I have no idea what this is all about. I'm not really a great one for self-analysis which is probably why I've been quiet as if I wrote here, I would try and figure it all out and I just can't.

I don't want to just "do the best I can" - I've been doing that for the last 18 months or so, and "the best I can" is quite frankly not good enough. I wish I could go to a group I think although I never did stay to meetings much, the discipline of going along to be weighed and wanting to get an approving smile from the consultant helped.

Pfffffffffft. I think I need a kick up the arse and being told to get back on the straight and narrow. No excuses.

Last week of the school year this week, it seems bizarre that LittleOM is doing all Xmas carols and stuff already. She's off for 7 and a half weeks! :eek: I need to find a good hiding place :rotflmao:

Anyway, hope everyone is having a good week. Sorry for being a growly old bag!

Yoo hooo - only me! :D

I've mainly been being a tad growly, mentally if not out loud. Reggie is always growly but with the heat we've been having at least he's getting some airflow with the kilt on ;) :D

Car was back in the garage today, hopefully this time they've fixed it! time will tell - but I'll tell you this much, I'm not leaving home for a while without my book and a drink of water just in case and I'm not going very far either. No trust!

Weight-wise I think I've put on heaps lately. My clothes are all tight - I think that's partly why I'm growly. I seem to be on a downward spiral which is mad because in many ways things are not exactly going well but are certainly a lot better than they were say 3 or 4 months ago. I just seem to have no control over anything. I'm not eating large volumes or bingeing just eating all the wrong foods because in some ways I feel as if I just don't care. I have no idea what this is all about. I'm not really a great one for self-analysis which is probably why I've been quiet as if I wrote here, I would try and figure it all out and I just can't.

I don't want to just "do the best I can" - I've been doing that for the last 18 months or so, and "the best I can" is quite frankly not good enough. I wish I could go to a group I think although I never did stay to meetings much, the discipline of going along to be weighed and wanting to get an approving smile from the consultant helped.

Pfffffffffft. I think I need a kick up the arse and being told to get back on the straight and narrow. No excuses.

Last week of the school year this week, it seems bizarre that LittleOM is doing all Xmas carols and stuff already. She's off for 7 and a half weeks! :eek: I need to find a good hiding place :rotflmao:

Anyway, hope everyone is having a good week. Sorry for being a growly old bag!

Hey Ozzie!! Good to see you hear, although it sounds like you're having a hard time. You've been through such a lot this year, and it's funny how when things are slightly better that we give ourselves permission to indulge (however that might be) because we're no longer in that place where we have to deal with everything.

So be nice to yourself, is what I'm saying! You're doing terrifically well, and I'm proud of your commitment.

My aim is to not give in to the Christmas season and parties, but to lose weight for at least the next three weeks. I'm giving it 100 % this week for a loss, so would welcome any daily support and inspiration, as would all of us, I know! I'd love next Sunday to be an incredibly awesome date of weight loss for our plucky little group. Cannot believe that we have been hanging out for so long on this thread, it's a gazillion times better than a 'real' group for me, partly because you're all bonkers! :D

So yeah, I'm trying to be on the straight and narrow for the next few weeks, so glad of any encouragement and determination!!!

Bless you, Honey (not that you sneezed :p ) but you're always so nice! The thing is though is that I haven't really been at all committed (although Reggie thinks I probably should be :rotflmao: ) beyond a few attempts which didn't last more than a couple of weeks or so, all I have done is trodden water for the last year or more. Yes things have been tough, but again, no more tough than a lot of you.

I think I need to be spoken to sternly - so come on someone man up and tell me how it is :eek: :D I promise not to cry! I might snivel a bit though .... and wipe my snotty nose on someone else's sleeve - I don't have a sleeve, that's the trouble with living somewhere hot, you don't have sleeves - what are you meant to wipe your nose on? tissues??? Good lord! :rotflmao:

I'm just home from work a little while ago - I had a lovely night. The witches are away so it was a nice young chap in charge and he's lovely. Great atmosphere there tonight - we all had a good giggle :D

Bless you, Honey (not that you sneezed :p ) but you're always so nice! The thing is though is that I haven't really been at all committed (although Reggie thinks I probably should be :rotflmao: ) beyond a few attempts which didn't last more than a couple of weeks or so, all I have done is trodden water for the last year or more. Yes things have been tough, but again, no more tough than a lot of you.

I think I need to be spoken to sternly - so come on someone man up and tell me how it is :eek: :D I promise not to cry! I might snivel a bit though .... and wipe my snotty nose on someone else's sleeve - I don't have a sleeve, that's the trouble with living somewhere hot, you don't have sleeves - what are you meant to wipe your nose on? tissues??? Good lord! :rotflmao:

I'm just home from work a little while ago - I had a lovely night. The witches are away so it was a nice young chap in charge and he's lovely. Great atmosphere there tonight - we all had a good giggle :D

I'm not very good at the tough speeches, though.....:p

Okay, soldier, drop and give me twenty. No backchat! Erm, erm, erm....

Hey Ozzie, you know what? I think it's a measure of success that this thread tends to keep a lot of people. Sometimes I look back 100 pages or 200 pages, and I recognise the people posting as our regulars. I love that! I love the fact that our founder of the thread is still here, still posting, hasn't put the weight she's lost back on. It's very cool really. I think that the people that we have lost over the last 12 months may well have regained their hard won losses, although I so hope that's not the case. My personal view is that simply by turning up every week, weighing in, owning up and keeping at it is a huge measure of ongoing success. So there!

My week is going okay. Have a stinking cold, and been eating lots of fruit out of boredom, but other than that, all going well. I've also made an appointment finally with the doc to discuss my hip pain, so that's very brave of me!

Hope that everyone is having a great week. December 1 tomorrow, yikes!!

Quiet thread this week....*tumbleweeds blowing*

Hope everyone is having a terrific week!!

Honey39 said:
Quiet thread this week....*tumbleweeds blowing*

Hope everyone is having a terrific week!!

I am here Honey - its been such a busy knackering week though!!
Still being good - although could have failed after being late home 2 days running!!

Sunday will tell

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Woohoo...well done Emma. That is a great loss! :bliss:

Moz - I wish I had the energy to kick your bahooky. Can I interest you in a stern glare? It is the start of the summer holidays. A great time to start afresh. You could do a lot of damage in 7.5 weeks! Eat extra veg and record in a book what you put in your gob. Sorted xxx

Not sure what I weighed in at yesterday ~ still trying to work out wether to say 1 pound down or a blip of the scales (constant in a different spot) which says I'm 8 pound lighter than that. I might have been eight pounds lighter all the time but..... which do I go with?

Got on the scales this morning to test them and there is a four pound difference from yesterday (still 8 pounds between spots) but who can put on 4 pounds in one day ~ Not even me! Back to basics for me though today..... must do some more body magic today as well.

Might it be time to get some new scales ?? It's ok to be like that if you're weighing in a group, but if you're weighing at home it's a bit difficult to see how you are getting on ? Hope you have a good week though.

Welcome back Ozzie. I know it doesn't feel like progress but if you are anything like me (and I hope for your sake that you're not !) then anything less than a fairly rapid continued persistent gain is a bonus. I have never managed to maintain any losses so even the fact that I haven't lost anything (net) over the last few months is an improvement. So, celebrate your losses, keep posting here and when you're ready, you will get back on track. All I can say to add to that is that I'm sorry that we're not a bit more scary !

Sorry for being so late to post here. I have been around but have been lazy about coming here (probably trying to hide......!)

I gained 1 lb this week. A miracle because I deserved a bigger gain. Not been a great week. However I wrote a 'note to self' to keep me focused and it seems to be working. I have had 5 good days in row (which I haven't done for a good while) and am really hoping for a (good) loss this week. Fingers crossed.

Apologies again for my tardiness. See you on Sunday.

Gail x

3 days and I've been good.. As long as I can get to the weekend i should have a loss fingers crossed!

Well done Roziee, that's awesome! Stick at it, and I know it's going to be a great weigh-in. Well done you!

-4lb this week!!! :D
Woo hoo, that's awesome Emma! You must feel fantastic, good for you, you're definitely cooking with gas!

I am here Honey - its been such a busy knackering week though!!
Still being good - although could have failed after being late home 2 days running!!

Sunday will tell
Well done Kwise, am proud of you for sticking at it despite a busy week! You're doing great.

Woohoo...well done Emma. That is a great loss! :bliss:

Moz - I wish I had the energy to kick your bahooky. Can I interest you in a stern glare? It is the start of the summer holidays. A great time to start afresh. You could do a lot of damage in 7.5 weeks! Eat extra veg and record in a book what you put in your gob. Sorted xxx

Lol Silly, you're good at stern talks! Except, and I hate to break it to you, you're just not scary, you're too adorable. But brownie points for getting in there and being stern...:D

Welcome back Ozzie. I know it doesn't feel like progress but if you are anything like me (and I hope for your sake that you're not !) then anything less than a fairly rapid continued persistent gain is a bonus. I have never managed to maintain any losses so even the fact that I haven't lost anything (net) over the last few months is an improvement. So, celebrate your losses, keep posting here and when you're ready, you will get back on track. All I can say to add to that is that I'm sorry that we're not a bit more scary !

Sorry for being so late to post here. I have been around but have been lazy about coming here (probably trying to hide......!)

I gained 1 lb this week. A miracle because I deserved a bigger gain. Not been a great week. However I wrote a 'note to self' to keep me focused and it seems to be working. I have had 5 good days in row (which I haven't done for a good while) and am really hoping for a (good) loss this week. Fingers crossed.

Apologies again for my tardiness. See you on Sunday.

Gail x

Hey Gail, my lovely!!! I know you're super busy at the moment, but it's always fab to read your entries. A pound is nothing, but I can identify with where you are right now - a big loss over a year, and then a bit of a struggle (although I've got so much further to go!). I'm determined to try and see some good losses in 2011 despite the season, because I think it will be a huge boost to me to end the year on good steady losses, and I think it will be the same for you. I know you can do this, you're so tenacious and determined!

Well, that's my five am pep talk to myself! It's going to be a good day, despite having a stinky cold and a gammy hip, lol.

Hi all.

I'm a bit confused this morning and in need of... Help? Not sure really. An explanation is needed but I don't know where one could come from.

Basically I weighed in this morning because I'm staying at my sister's house tonight so I won't be able to tomorrow morning. And I seem to have lost 3lbs, which normally I would be overjoyed at, but it doesn't make sense.
I gained 2lbs last week from my week of meals out and no exercise.
This week I was on plan Monday to Thursday. Yesterday I wasn't on plan. I didn't go mad but I did eat bad things (chocolate, bread, real gravy.) I went to boxercise on Wednesday and did a halfhearted gym attempt on Thursday night.

Now, Thursday night, Friday night and this morning I have felt quite sick. It was sort of an indigestion type of sick feeling, and I kind of assumed I might have caught that sickness bug that's going round, but I feel fine now and I haven't been sick.

So I don't understand how I'm 3lbs down? Bear in mind that a good 100% week on plan only usually results in a 1lb loss, with exercise maybe 2. So I don't understand how I lost 3lbs with only 4 days on plan.

It is possible that I ate a lot last Saturday night which might give me a false gain. I know I went to nandos and bowling, and in the process drank about 4 pints of diet coke but I assumed they would have passed through considering I drink a lot of coke in a normal evening at home.

I don't know. It's probably no big deal but the hypochondriac in me is breaking through, especially as I've not felt well the past few days AND I'm spending tonight away from home, which always upsets my mental balance. (I'm a real home comforts girl.)

Any thoughts?

Hi PinkToaster,

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. I suspect it's just a bit of a false gain last week which has now gone because of your mostly good days this week. However whichever way, put it behind you and have a really good week so that you can have another loss this week.

Hope your night turns out better than expected.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Well I'm just home from work and I'm very sore! I had a little mishap in the pickles aisle and dropped a bottle of stinky olives in stinkier vinegar and I stunk of vinegar for the last 2 hours at work. I was apologising left right and centre to colleagues for being somewhat malodourous :eek: :D I bashed my knee, broke my only decent nail, ricked my neck and gave myself a paper cut! Working hurts! :cry:

Happy bunny though, because I get an extra shift next week which brings my hours up to 15 for the week, my best yet!

Now, I've decided that you lot are all way too nice, no-one told me off properly! Man, I'm generally nice but even I can give someone a boot up the bum! ... even if it's only for my own entertainment :rotflmao: So as you won't tell me off, I'm going to have to tell myself off. I have no excuse for remaining off track. Yes it's difficult sticking to plan when money is tight, yes it's difficult when the family won't eat the same food BUT, and mine is a big wobbly butt :eek: - it IS possible to do this, you just have to work a little bit harder and plan a little bit better. I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning and I'm going to spend the day plan plan planning! Next week I will lose 2lbs. That is my commitment to me.

Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday and I'll "see" you on Sunday morning! :)

Ozzie, when I worked in a supermarket, more than once, someone would drop a bottle of red wine and the smell would be there all day!

Back