Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Well done everyone - you guys are such an inspiration to everyone...:):):)

Well back on here..and that's a step because I have really been hiding my head in the sand and generally feeling c%*p over the last few months....I am however coming to realise that if I don't take ownership of this I will go into my 40s with the health problems my parents had because of obesity.:4633:

Complete Disclosure...no exercise this week - been catching the bus instead of walking...been eating ok at work then biscuits at home so deffo not on plan....and the result? 2lbs on. Silly girl.

Now my first response to this is ...oh crap I can't post that...I've let myself down (again) and I'll have to start again (again!) but I'm not doing this...I've not followed plan and I'm paying for it.

But...
Onwards and upwards. I have planned my food for next week. I'm taking my trainers to work (anyone find they walk faster in trainers?)to make sure I walk to and from work for the week and have planned in 3 half hour aerobic sessions to get me started.

AND - very glad to be back!:D:D

Isn't it funny how I can read a post like yours Potatogirl and think 'why is she so hard on herself' and 'no one thinks anything bad about her falling off the wagon' and 'good for her, that takes a lot more guts to post than just posting a loss'.

Yet, when I'm in that bad place I can't think the same way for myself and the whole self-loathing kicks in. I'm in a good place just now but know the down will come....

Sorry for being a damp blanket!!!!!!

Afternoon all.

A bit late reporting in, but anyway it's a STS for me this week.
I suppose it might have been a loss if I hadn't had a curry last night, but I enjoyed it!

And I'm very definitely back on the wagon today, and going all out for it for the next 20 weeks.
I can do it!

And - if I can: you can too.

Well done on everybody's results, and good luck for the week ahead.
Who wants to be on the losing side this weeK?????

Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Hi all,

am new to the site but am another thats decided sunday mornings are great for weigh in... only been doing my diet since 3rd Jan as need to loose a few stone and get a bit healthier, never been able to stick to a diet in the past.

so far since 3rd jan have lost 10 1/2 lbs. so a pretty good start.

nice to meet all you other sunday weighers :)

Isn't it funny how I can read a post like yours Potatogirl and think 'why is she so hard on herself' and 'no one thinks anything bad about her falling off the wagon' and 'good for her, that takes a lot more guts to post than just posting a loss'.

Yet, when I'm in that bad place I can't think the same way for myself and the whole self-loathing kicks in. I'm in a good place just now but know the down will come....

Sorry for being a damp blanket!!!!!!

Louise - do you know that corny saying? "Whether you think you will have a crap week or whether you think you will have a great week, you will be right!" Hope you manage to stay in your good place and have a successful week :)

I hope to have a good one myself and join JimofTroy in a loss...any kinda loss!

Just back from the shops with lots of good stuff. If I don't go to the shops again this week, I will only have healthy SW foods to eat. I am hoping this will satisfy both my SW body and my thrifty head :p

Welcome Liz - you are off to a flying start! :D

Hi all,

am new to the site but am another thats decided sunday mornings are great for weigh in... only been doing my diet since 3rd Jan as need to loose a few stone and get a bit healthier, never been able to stick to a diet in the past.

so far since 3rd jan have lost 10 1/2 lbs. so a pretty good start.

nice to meet all you other sunday weighers :)

Thats fantastic, very well done :D

Hi everyone.

I started last Monday but decided to make Sunday my weight in day. I've just weighed myself and I've lost 4lbs so I'm feeling really pleased with myself :D

Good luck to everyone else weighing in today.

I'm now 19st 2lb so long way to go but I guess every pound off is a pound closer

I'm now 19st 2lb so long way to go but I guess every pound off is a pound closer

Exactly, thats how i look at it. Plus a pound is a lot!!

Hi everyone.

I started last Monday but decided to make Sunday my weight in day. I've just weighed myself and I've lost 4lbs so I'm feeling really pleased with myself :D

Good luck to everyone else weighing in today.

for those that have had small gain this week dont be hard on yourself,

Congrats on the first weigh in, fantastic start.

Finally plucked up the courage to come on here and let you all know that I put on 1 lb this week.
Totally gutted, this is the first time I have put on and last week STS.

Totally on plan and exercising to go with it.

I think I am going to have to try changing what i eat as now as back to the same wieght as I was 12/12/11 and have only lost a total of 2 lbs since 05.12.11.

:cry:

Hopefully next week I will see a loss

Angem we'll both do better next week!

lots of new faces today so hello and welcome!

Congratulations to you all on your weight losses :)

I weigh in on a Sunday and this was my first this morning but unfortunately I have stayed the same !!!!! Soooo disappointed I just cried:cry:

My first few days of EE plan didn't go very well as I didn't quite understand it but after that I did exactly what you are supposed to do and had 1/3 of superfree with every meal and had between 5 and 10 syns a day!!!! I haven't even had any nights out or alcohol either.

Don't really know what has happened?

doubletrouble said:
Congratulations to you all on your weight losses :)

I weigh in on a Sunday and this was my first this morning but unfortunately I have stayed the same !!!!! Soooo disappointed I just cried:cry:

My first few days of EE plan didn't go very well as I didn't quite understand it but after that I did exactly what you are supposed to do and had 1/3 of superfree with every meal and had between 5 and 10 syns a day!!!! I haven't even had any nights out or alcohol either.

Don't really know what has happened?

Sorry to hear that Hun . Do u post a diary on here? Maybe we could check it out for you if you think u are going wrong?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry to hear that Hun . Do u post a diary on here? Maybe we could check it out for you if you think u are going wrong?

Kx

No not posted any diary, still getting my head round the site and not sure how you do that yet?

Most of my days I have porridge and a piece of fruit for breakfast and a 0% activia, lunches consist of either left over pasta/rice dish from the night before with salad, or a mugshot or a sandwich using wholemeal bread with salad and I always have a piece of fruit. My evening meal is a pasta or rice dish done from scratch by my OH as he loves cooking and I know that he only uses free foods (I don't really do potatoes). For snacks I have fruit or carrot/celery sticks. My syns of between 6-10 have been used on either extra light mayo and mikado chocolate sticks as a treat on a night after my evening meal.

Does that sound bad !

doubletrouble said:
No not posted any diary, still getting my head round the site and not sure how you do that yet?

Most of my days I have porridge and a piece of fruit for breakfast and a 0% activia, lunches consist of either left over pasta/rice dish from the night before with salad, or a mugshot or a sandwich using wholemeal bread with salad and I always have a piece of fruit. My evening meal is a pasta or rice dish done from scratch by my OH as he loves cooking and I know that he only uses free foods (I don't really do potatoes). For snacks I have fruit or carrot/celery sticks. My syns of between 6-10 have been used on either extra light mayo and mikado chocolate sticks as a treat on a night after my evening meal.

Does that sound bad !

No, it sounds good - but a diary definite helps me to stay focused and post exact amounts of my HEB , HEA , synned food etc.
Maybe, it's the lack of variety that could be doing it, or the amount you are drinking?
Do you weigh your porridge oats? And have a scan bran with it? Do you measure you HEA milk? If you have porridge as a HEB are u sunning your bread and vice versa.
Just guessing here. Or it could be a 1 week blip kinda thing that we all go through.

On the SW site there is a separate thread for diaries. Many people use it in a variety of ways , whatever suits I guess. I get a lot of support on my diary as do many others, as well as the support at weigh-in

I don't know if any of this helps at all, but try not to worry too much ;-). It happens to the best of us .

Kx

just remember that with the pasta and rice dishes that you need to eat 1/3 superfree. at the start i was bulking up with pasta and putting some SF sauce on it, but as a little goes a long way my ratios were off. try a little less pasta and loads more sauce... same goes for rice...

also it's not unheard of to not lose in the first week... so dont lose faith! there's plenty of people here who'll help you get your bearings...

how much water you drinking? you need AT LEAST 2 litres a day on top of any tea, coffee or soft drinks... get a 2 litre bottle, take it with you and drink it throughout the day until empty... then drink some more, lol

Does that sound bad !

Hello! I've been doing E/E exclusively for 18 months, and what really works for me is making sure that 1/3 of my plate is super-free. All meals. All the time. Lol, it's hard work, but it's second nature now.

Good luck!

Thank you for all your encouragement and advise.

I do drink plenty of water all through the day as well as coffee. I only use the milk from my HEA and as for HEB this is usually either used on porridge or bread which I share between the week, one day bread the other porridge etc. If had porridge I do syn the milk.

I have also just heard from my doctor this morning that my thyroid tablets need increasing as the levels are not quite right. This could be one reason why not lost this week but either way will continue to try and hopefully it will pay off in the end.

Again thank you soo much for your help :)

xxx

Back