Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

That's great that Sum is doing so well - I don't think it matters what healthy eating plan is being followed when there is a common goal, so well done to her!

Btw well done smartie on your big loss - that was brilliant and what a way to get started! I've lost another kilo - so that's 12.3kg down since the beginning of March. I'm in no great rush, slow and steady loss will do

Well done you Moz, I just googled the conversion as I'm old skool and that's just shy of 2st.

I'm quite liking not going to the group, I feel much less pressure as I was held up as some sort of star. It was all well and good when the losses were regular and big, I thrived on it, but when it slowed I really struggled, without all the wow comments and big claps. I suppose its not really the groups fault, just my own perception and feelings on it.

So now, I am doing it for myself, no pressure and I hope without the pressure I can stick at it all the easy to the end.

I have got rid of some old baggage today, the first (of many) black sacks of stuff that my ex left behind went into the wheelie. I was feeling really sad, but then I found a receipt for a£130 shopping trip he had. This is the same man that said all his accounts were frozen, had a massive maintainence bill to pay, any excuse he could think of etc so he couldn't contribute. I kept him for three and a half years. Going without all the time to keep us just afloat.

Finding that receipt just made my resolve that I made the right decision just that little bit stronger

yayyy! great loss! I'm not exactly doing SW .... in actual fact I'm not doing it at all - I'm just watching portion size, trying to not allow too much crap into my diet and my job is very active as I'm effectively weightlifting nearly all day. I've practically cut out bread all together which I feel has made a huge difference but in all probability that's coincidental. Like you, I'm basically losing weight for me and it will go in it's own good time but it WILL go! I'm not putting pressure on myself with goals and timelines, that doesn't seem to work well for me!

Glad you are so composed about having ditched the deadweight in your life - it took me a LONG time to act on what I knew was a BIG mistake almost from the start. It was only when behaviours started impacting my girl too much that I finally put my foot down and out and went ... however, that action was largely due to a friend who I didn't really know all that well at that time opening her home to my girl and I for as long as we needed somewhere to stay. There are a lot of twats in this world but fortunately there are a lot of good people to balance it out!

Have I mentioned that in addition to our mad dog, we now have 2 kittens? Well, they're young cats but they're awesome, they're the Demento Twins and are a massive pain in the butt but keep us well amused - Tonks and Luna are their names .... well with Bellatrix the dog it seemed fitting to go Harry Potteresque! In all truth before we got them, i thought one was white and one was grey .... I wanted to call them Gandalf the White and Gandalf the grey - I was over-ruled ..... which is fine really as the "white" one is cream ... and you can't have Gandalf the Cream. I was also over-ruled when I wanted to call a possible white cat Sirius Black ... I really should huff about this, I'm not sure when I surrendered all rights to rule the house!

Anyway, enough of my ramblings....... except to add that I was being all Ms DIY today and putting a couple of new handles on cupboard doors but was so busy chatting at the time, that I didn't notice that i put the first handle on the inside of the cupboard! I'm not fully in control of my marble collection, they seem to have scattered ......

Have a great week! :D

Oh oh oh, I love cats, they are brilliant, so aloof and want everything on there terms. 'Yes, you will open that door for me slave, and do it now or I won't let you pet me'. My cat, Marmalade, doesn't do much these days apart from sleeping in a sunny bit of the garden, sleeping in a shady bit of the garden, sleeping on my lap, grooming herself and eating. She is 17 now and makes me smile everyday

Well done for getting rid of yours too, life must be a lot less stressful, calmer and happier now. I wouldn't say I'm happier at the moment, but I will, in time x

Yayyyy smartie - go you!! I've stayed the same this week but that's all good - it's been a mainly horrible week with work so I'm happy enough with staying the same.

I have become a saddo and finally started watching Downton Abbey and my girly and I are hooked, it's good though gives us something to do together in the evenings as we have plenty of episodes to get through. I didn't really expect to like it and I was fairly sure she wouldn't, so that shows what I know! Sweet FA

Hope you have a great week ...... and why_d come back again ... you can't disappear now that you've reappeared!

You know, I never watched Downtown even though it seemed like most of the country was addicted to it. Same with game of thrones, I've not seen a single episode.

Well, lost another 1.5 this week, it seems to be my favourite number to lose, taking me down to 14st2.5. Hopefully I should be seeing the magical 13s on the scale soon

Yayyyy to 1.5lb - that's a great loss - steady is the way to go, they say - I suppose a stone a week would be a cool steady loss over a very short term period but somewhat unachievable, but they do say about many things in life "Dream Big" :D

I've read all the Game of Thrones published so far, read them before they made the tv series and I own the DVDs of the series but I've never watched them, somehow I prefer it how it is in my head rather than seeing it on screen. I'll get round to watching it one day, it's not really appropriate for my girl to watch so I'd have to watch on my own and I'm not really one to watch tv on my own these days.

We're trying to plan ahead as to what to do in life after Downton - we still have 3 series to watch ... trying to think what other series we would enjoy together - I don't like horror or too much violence, has to be fairly age appropriate .... but I don't know what. I try to look into it but I have the attention span of a half-witted gnat when it comes to making big decisions like this :D

It's my day off today, the only one I'll have til next Tuesday so I'm trying to be lazy which isn't normally a problem but it's in conflict with the part of me that is screaming to keep on top of the housework ... I'm thinking about smothering the noisy beggar so I can get back to lounging about!

Speaking of lounging about, I went and saw the couch/recliner chairs that my friend at work's sister is selling, they're in great condition and a real bargain, so I'm going to bite the bullet and buy them. Life on garden furniture is over-rated and it's time to end after over a year of it! I'll worry about the money aspect later!

Anyway, hope you have a great week, I'm hoping to get back to being 100% good, my loss has temporarily stalled but none is going on fortunately so that's something!

This thread has gone quiet so I hope some people join me in here for weigh ins. I'm switching to Sunday weigh in so will be here again on 8th January 2017. I'm hoping to lose 2 stone or thereabouts by end of march and keep hold of that loss even if I never lose another ounce.
This is priority one. ⏳

Hi
I'm starting my slimming world journey
today. Got my 30th birthday end of Feb and wedding dress shopping in may. So need to shift some weight well alot of weight really. Would be nice to have some company on my journey to keep me on track .

Hi Jellybaby87, welcome and good luck. I remember a line from a movie though so can't remember which one. "I think it's best to get a dress that fits your body rather than try to make your body fit the dress :)"

Slimming world plan is one of the best as far as diets go but I find it quite slow and I really think that looking after yourself and loving yourself is more important than body size.

That aside, I have weighed in at 16stone 11lbs this morning, a five pound loss. I have been steady at around 17 stone for around a year now so that's my first loss in a long time. I'm hoping to lose around 2 pounds a week from now to end of march but that's very optimistic.

Weighed myself first thing this morning, lost another 2lbs. I'm hoping for a steady 2lbs a week but I know it will be less sometimes. I feel that I have got somewhere, even though it's just half a stone off :bunnydance:

well back to it, sunday is our weigh in day and after a week have lost 7 pounds so chuffed!

Good Morning all. I have lost a pound, so am now 16 stone and 8 pounds. Im going to try to walk more next week and maybe go for a swim.

Hello everyone, I too am a Sunday weigh in girl:). I have already been following the plan for 5 weeks and have lost just under 17 pounds.....long way to go though! My weigh ins have been a bit up and down even though I have stuck to plan but that does seem to happen sometimes and I hope the support from everyone on here will help on those weeks I gain unexpectedly (pass the chocolate!):rolleyes:. Good luck everyone x

Well weigh in day is here and I must admit to be pretty disappointed as I have only lost quarter of a pound:(. If I had been cheating a bit I wouldn't have minded but I have stuck to plan as I really want to shift this weight but it will take years at this current rate! I have already had one week too where I put on nearly 2 pounds despite being on plan so I am pretty confused at the minute.
Will have to wait til next week now to see if things improve....:eek:.....any advice gratefully received x

Well weigh in day is here and I must admit to be pretty disappointed as I have only lost quarter of a pound:(. If I had been cheating a bit I wouldn't have minded but I have stuck to plan as I really want to shift this weight but it will take years at this current rate! I have already had one week too where I put on nearly 2 pounds despite being on plan so I am pretty confused at the minute.
Will have to wait til next week now to see if things improve....:eek:.....any advice gratefully received x

Over the longer term you have done really well and will probably show better loss next weigh in. Make sure you are eating enough and eating lots of superfree. I tend to do better if I have fewer carbs and more protein, so that's my plan for the coming week. I lost a pound this week, slow but I hope it's sure!

Thank you for the advice.......roast chicken dinner today so I will load up on chicken and veggies and have less of the boiled spuds! It is star week so I wonder if that has influenced things, having said that have done SW before and it didn't impact my weight loss then. Our bodies can be strange!!:rolleyes:

Back