Super Obese

Well done for keeping 100% and for staying so positive. It's great that you are recognising you're emotional eating as I think that facing your demons head on gives you the advantage in beating them.

All the best with the job hunting and all your goals. Stay strong! xXx

Thanks again for the support, you're all awesome.

@monkey30
I'm sipping like mad, top tip from me is get a really good water bottle. I bought some Camelbak "better water bottles" - they'fre friggin awesome, seriously I'd advise anyone who finds it tough getting the water in to invest in these bottles. It's a non-spill straw system with a bite thingy at the top which makes it very addictive to keep sucking on water.

@JanD
I write a good bit for work(well did), and blog too. On here I'm just throwing down random thoughts :)

Tomorrow is weigh in day, haven't been since the first one. The numbers won't matter much because I'm definitely seeing it in my clothes.

Exams are over now as well for another 3 months, so will have plenty of time to sort a few things out now.

Thanks for listening, I'll update tomorrow after the weigh in

Where's your blog? x

Ahh I can't say, too much personal information. I blog both personally and professionally.

:( ..... but why blog if you don't want anyone to read it???? No prob though - unless you'd like to pm me, I really would love to read more of your writings - but I understand if you want to keep something published on the world wide web private ;) :p :) :) xx

Just got weighed, and down 11lb over the two weeks. Which is 20lb in three weeks. Go me.

Go you indeed! Fantastic result, keep up the good work :) x

This thread made me chuckle as this morning at my weigh in the pharmacist told me I was "Super Morbidly Obese" - what an awful diagnosis! In my head that's massive American people who have to be lifted out of their houses by fork lift trucks! But I do agree - it's great being super at something! Hopefully the next diagnosis will be "Super Slimmer" *grin* xx

I'm out of "super obese", now want to go down to just! to"overweight".

Week 4 weigh in and down 5lbs :)

Well done hun! x

Keep it going...well done!:)

Hey there,

New to this and on my 2nd day today (nearly over! yay!)

Love your diary, its so amusing to read and also very useful to see that i'm not the only one going through these things as with all the members on here!

Congrats with your loss this week and heres to many more weeks like it!

Week 5, and down 4lb.

Happy with that, really noticing it in clothes.

Excellent! - well done.. lovely when you start noticing in clothes etc too.

"Super Obese" That's what the man said, he even checked it again on the chart. "Is there a prize?" I asked. "No" he said, slightly unsure if I was joking or not. I was trying to see what other categories were there, maybe "Fantastically Obese", or "Hereditary big boned with a touch of low will power", put me down for that one. Much better that being super at the obesity, which is just a nice way of saying SuperFat.

So there we were, two grown men wedged into possibly the smallest room in the world with a fold down chair and BMI chart. He ran through the programme again, as I attempted to look like I'd not heard this before..."two sachets a day....no flapjacks for the first few weeks", "No flapjacks full stop" I thought to myself, vile horrid bars of turf from the land of satan.

18stone 9lbs, I took a long look at that on the judgement scales, because I know that's the heaviest I'll ever be, and then it came back to me. Two years ago, I was in a similar surrounding, at some other basement pharmacy room in Dublin, having similar thoughts and going through the same nervous optimism.

Two years have passed and weight was lost, and subsequently put back on. I'm looking back now thinking why that didn't work, valid excuses, but excuses non the less.

My names ElectricSheep, and I'm dreaming of going 100% until September. Here we are, day uno, a new day...wish me luck :)

LOL just found your diary..........I also had this too.....actually my weight wasnt even on his chart......but for my weight to be in the obese chart I would have to be about 8 feet tall.......I was PMSL.....he couldnt understand why I found it funny.

Last edited:
Right just read through the rest of your diary and was gutted yourwriting came less and less......you are a great writer.
Well done on the loss so far ......I also prefer the smaller clothes fitting as to the number on the scales
Keep up the great work. x

Ahh Sonya, I do love writing but found it easier to just chat here, everyone on here is amazing support.

My last few updates have been a bit short due to time being a bit short, I've lost my job but have never been busier, but will put more thought in a few milestone updates ;)

@NikkiH - I started noticing clothes after the 2nd week, and now really notice every pound as it goes. Obviosuly this is more noticable on my belly as that's where the most fat is, so shirts fitting, and fitting better are my main barometer. I often see people complaining about small loses, but seriously every pound is noticeable and as long as the scales are going down, every little improvement is a bonus.

I'm now 29lbs down in 5 weeks, week six here come!

SUCH an amazing loss in 5 weeks. Must be so lovely that your clothes are fitting better/ looser - great motivation. I havent read your entire diary JUST yet - but read the first page a couple of days ago and like Sonya adored your first post - so witty and articulate and reads exactly (as presumed intended) like a story.

I assumed you must be professional writer??

Continuing your great losses! :):) Well done you - keep it up x

Back