Super Speed Soup

I made this a couple of weeks ago and i hate to say i hated it......I was hoping i would like it bit the consistency was yuk for :(

Made the soup two weeks running absolutely loved it lost 4lb the first week, found it made be bloated and sadly gained 1lb the second week. Although i was also eating a lot of scan bran so could have been either or a combination of the two. Will definately make again but will not eat every day.

I keep burning the soup...

the stuff at the bottom of the pan burns and sticks but I'm not standing there stiring it for an hour..
I go back to it every 5-10 mins but it still burns..

I'm cooking on a gas hob if that's any help.. and once it's boiling I turn it right down to a simmer and then leave it for 5-10 mins..

should I just let the bottom burn and not worry about scraping it off then just not use the bottom half inch of the soup?

If you have a slow cooker try making it in that - no burning!!!!
I do think that eating it every day can make you feel bloated though?

I made it n loved it it's my first week of restart so can't compare losses I'm mixing and alternating red n green days in my green days I shall be having it for sure so 3 or 4 times this week will weigh sat am so will update

My partner n 5 year old loved it too so win win

What sort of flavour is the soup? Does it taste tomatoey at all? Wish I liked tomato but it makes me gag!!!! X

Hi I made this soup few weeks back but think the baked beans ruined it! Does everyone use the normal Heinz beans 400g can? I was thinking of trying it again without the beans as too sweet otherwise

The first time I made it I used the sweet chilli beans n it gave it a bit of a kick! This time I used ordinary beans n it wasn't as good!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I used the reduced fat beans tasted lovely maybe they aren't as sweet don't know as I don't normally eat em

sounds nice x

super speed soup?

Hi sorry for all the questions (new to this) but have seen super speed soup mentioned a few times. Would someone mind posting the recipe, and does it really speed up weight loss?

Thanks!

If you search on here you will find the recipe. I don't think it speeds up weight loss in its self but its made of speed foods which are really good so if you are having it for your meal/snack rather than a meal of non-speed foods it could help. Though as has been said on here before that doesn't mean we should do a speed soup diet as that is not SW and all its lovely jubbly variety :) and I don't think it means if we eat lots of speed soup we can get away from eating things we shouldn't either if any of that makes sense? x

I made a lovely butternut squash and red pepper soup. Just dry fry and onion in a pan, add a chopped red pepper, some butternut squash and a veg stock cube. Simmer until all veg are soft and then blend to thicken. It's gorgeous!

Thanks for the recipe!
I'm not a great fan of soup but saw people were having good results so thought it was worth a try!
I have made little dumplings out of smash (just by adding very little water to it so its like a dough) and added them in for the last 5 mins. Was quite nice :D x

Never tried this but going to make some soup today and might just try it - only thing is I am allergic to pulses, but can eat baked beans. If I make this with just baked beans, do you think it will have the same effect? xx

Stefanie said:
Never tried this but going to make some soup today and might just try it - only thing is I am allergic to pulses, but can eat baked beans. If I make this with just baked beans, do you think it will have the same effect? xx

Loads of people adapt it so I wouldn't worry x

Back