Supermarket Prices

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Seanamall21, 11 May 2014.

1. Seanamall21

Seanamall21 Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

Starting a detox which required a lot of fruit and veg, so, my question is, where do you go shopping and where do you find is the cheapest for buying fruit and veg??

I have found that the majority of packs of fruit and veg are in and around a pound in asda, but have been advised that lidl is the place to go for fresh food!

Any suggestions??

Many thanks!!
  2. Beckieee

Beckieee Well-Known Member

Aldi. So much cheaper and good quality too.
  3. Prosecco

Prosecco Well-Known Member

I have just discovered and converted to Aldi, I have been a morrisons and m and s girl but the fruit and veg is great and so much cheaper at aldi...
  4. Beckieee

Beckieee Well-Known Member

Strawberries for 89p :happy036:
  5. -Rhino-

-Rhino- Active Member

Also if you have any markets nearby they can be quite good :)

You can freeze a lot of it for later too.
  6. Maria

Maria Was born to shop

Definitely Aldi, the quality is really good.
  7. snowflakes

snowflakes Well-Known Member

I've always found the quality and price at Lidl to be really good and they frequently have a third off or half price veg offers, which I've noticed not as many of the mainstream supermarkets seem to do now.
  8. pippalata

pippalata Well-Known Member

I find that the things I get from lidl don't last long, which is why I guess it's pretty cheap. If you're happy to go shopping on a regular basis though you should be fine.
  9. Sp33dybabycakes

Sp33dybabycakes Well-Known Member

Go to aldi for my fruit and veg do it on a weekly basis x
  10. PrincessSparklePants

PrincessSparklePants Little Miss Christmas

I find Aldi doesn't tend to last too long freshness wise (mostly apples) but the food is great