1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Supermarket Prices

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Seanamall21, 11 May 2014 Social URL.

1. Seanamall21

Seanamall21 Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

Starting a detox which required a lot of fruit and veg, so, my question is, where do you go shopping and where do you find is the cheapest for buying fruit and veg??

I have found that the majority of packs of fruit and veg are in and around a pound in asda, but have been advised that lidl is the place to go for fresh food!

Any suggestions??

Many thanks!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Beckieee

Beckieee Well-Known Member

Aldi. So much cheaper and good quality too.

4. Prosecco

Prosecco Well-Known Member

I have just discovered and converted to Aldi, I have been a morrisons and m and s girl but the fruit and veg is great and so much cheaper at aldi...

5. Beckieee

Beckieee Well-Known Member

Strawberries for 89p :happy036:

6. -Rhino-

-Rhino- Active Member

Also if you have any markets nearby they can be quite good :)

You can freeze a lot of it for later too.

7. Maria

Maria Was born to shop

Definitely Aldi, the quality is really good.

8. snowflakes

snowflakes Well-Known Member

I've always found the quality and price at Lidl to be really good and they frequently have a third off or half price veg offers, which I've noticed not as many of the mainstream supermarkets seem to do now.

9. pippalata

pippalata Well-Known Member

I find that the things I get from lidl don't last long, which is why I guess it's pretty cheap. If you're happy to go shopping on a regular basis though you should be fine.

10. Sp33dybabycakes

Sp33dybabycakes Well-Known Member

Go to aldi for my fruit and veg do it on a weekly basis x

11. PrincessSparklePants

PrincessSparklePants Little Miss Christmas

I find Aldi doesn't tend to last too long freshness wise (mostly apples) but the food is great