Suzyflo's food diary....back on the wagon, target reached, now I need to stay there!!

E/E

Hexa: milk
Hexb: 2 x weetabix

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix, blueberries, banana

Lunch: 2x slices w/m toast (6 syns) bacon, egg, beans. Banana, pear, apple

Dinner: quorn swedish style balls with tinned chopped tomatoes and spaghetti. 0% activia yogurt.

Snacks: crisps (5 syns) scan bran chocolate cake(2 syns), plum, pear

Syns: w/m bread 6, crisps 5, s/b chocolate cake 2. Total = 13

E/E

Hexa - I'm not sure if it's ok to do this or not but if it isn't.....tough, I've done it anyway - I've split my hexa - half milk and half cheese.

Hexb: crunchy bran.

Breakfast: crunchy bran with blueberries and banana.

Lunch: pasta with tuna, tomatoes, mushrooms, sweetcorn, broccoli and carrots with a bit of grated cheese on top. 0% activia.

Dinner: rice with onions, garlic, chillies, mushrooms, tomatoes and quorn bacon pieces. 0% activia snackpot.

Snacks: plum, crisps (5 syns), scan bran chocolate cake (2 syns). 2 x ginger biscuits (5 syns) - I wouldn't normally have bothered with the biscuits but I'd been to give blood and they were crying out to me when I was having my coffee afterwards, it would have been rude not to! They were in a pack of three, but I was good and left one.

Syns: crisps 5, s/b cake 2, biscuits 5. Total = 12.

Hey Suzyflo, yeah I did pop in and have a read. I've added more red days and feel better for it. Not so bloated and not having to get up in the middle if the night bursting for a pee! Deffo think the carbs on green aid water retention, as per the nutritionist advice at rugby club.

I have lost a pound , so one under target , but think I could lose a couple more , but not too worried.
Bumped into someone today, she couldn't believe how well I looked, she is always very glam, even when running or dog walking! I was made up.
Your menu plan looks great, shame that your not getting that 1 or 2 off per week. Really puzzling. Still , I think its the long haul that counts. Even if it's a pound a month . Keep the faith.

Might sign up to foxy_lox's 'we can walk 100 miles'. Something to chip away at, until I can do a bit more .

Great stuff Quins, isn't it great to receive a compliment, it makes all the hard work worthwhile. :)

Well done on your extra pound off, what you are doing is obviously working for you, by the way, looking at your daily food you've made me want to have boiled egg and soldiers, haven't had that for ages, think I'll make some for breakfast on my next day off, which is Tuesday.

I'll have a look at this walking thing you mentioned, see what its all about. I finally got round to doing the first work out on 30 day shred yesterday, wasn't bad, I guess the idea is to do it every day for 30 days...hmmm, haven't had time today, unlikely I will tomorrow or Monday either, never mind, at least I've made a start! :D

E/E

Hexa: split between milk & cheese

Hexb: apple and sultana bran

Breakfast: apple and sultana bran with sliced banana (would have had blueberries but forgot to to put them in my work bag, doh!)

Lunch: tuna salad with mixed salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, boiled eggs, mayonnaise (1 syn). activia 0% snackpot.

Dinner: 3 quorn sausages (3 syns) with new potatoes, broccoli, carrots and green beans. 0% activia yogurt.

Snacks: apple, 2 x pears, plum, crisps (5 syns)

Syns: mayonnaise 1, quorn sausages 3, crisps 5. Total = 9

E/E

Hexb: crunchy bran

Breakfast: crunchy bran with banana and blueberries

Lunch: rice with tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, garlic & chilli. 0% activia yogurt

Dinner: roast pork with carrots, green beans and baby sweetcorn. 0% activia yogurt.

Snacks: 2x plums, 2 x pears, apple, tesco light choices carrot and orange cake (4.5 syns)

Syns: cake 4.5, hot choc drink 2, chocolate 3.5. Total = 10

Hi suzyflo, the other thing I find strange is that this is the lightest I've been in years, yet its tne least active I've ever been too. I used to cycle, swim, run, do karate, kung fu (even went to shaolin to train in 2009), coach rugby..... the most I do now is walking, some cycling and run around occasionally when coaching.

I used to train so hard; I think I've lost a lot of muscle mass. I reckon the key weight loss is to exercise moderately and in the fat burning zone rather than balistic , hard training. Just some thoughts....

Wow Quins, you certainly were active! Due to my practically non existent exercise regime there's no danger of me building up any muscle mass!! I'm going to make an effort this week to exercise more. I'm on the list of the 'we can walk 100 miles' I've made a very slow start and done 1.8 miles so far. I'm definitely with you...moderation is the key. :D

Grrrrr, STS this week, better than a gain, I know, but not what I was hoping for after yet again being 100% on plan. Might have to ditch the e/e and go back to good old green/red. Going to try and make more effort to exercise too x

Sent from my iPhone

Started the day off well doing E/E

Hexa -half milk/half cheese

Hexb: porridge

Breakfast: porridge with sliced banana & blueberries

Lunch: s/w quiche - bacon, ham & mushroom,tomato, cheese on top, baked beans. banana.

Dinner: roast pork with carrots, green beans & baby sweetcorn. w/w yogurt

Snacks: light choices carrot & orange cake (4.5 syns), 0% activia yogurt, 2 x apples, plum, pear.

So far so good but then I got naffed off with being really good & not getting the results I deserve, so.....I went on to have 2x whisky & diet coke (8 syns) 2 x bags of crisps (10 syns) 1/2 of a small bounty bar (3.5 syns) shortbread & chocolate biscuit (guess at 4 syns), chocolate (3,5 syns)

Total syns = 33.5 :break_diet:

So if I sts or gain at next weigh in then at least i'll know why!!

Suzyflo, you bad! Ha, sorry, I had to laugh, I know exactly how you felt. I let it go every now and then and it really doesn't make too much difference, as long as you climb back on the plan. I saw another thread where someone was 100% on ee and struggled to lose. Hopefully your plan of icing up some red and greens will work. How much have you got to go?

I would have kept on eating too Quins if I'd have had more 'naughty' food in the house!!

I've got 4lbs to go, so close but yet so blooming far away....right now I don't feel like I'm ever going to get there :(

BUT...I'll keep on plodding along, better late than never eh?

Happy pancake day!!

Still doing E/E at the moment.

Hexb: w/m bread

Breakfast: 2 x boiled eggs with soldiers made from toasted w/m bread....blooming lovely they were too! pear.

Lunch: 3 x Aunt Bessie's pancakes (13.5 syns) with golden syrup (2.5 syns) and lemon juice. Apple.

Dinner: diet orange fanta chicken (chicken, diet orange fanta, carrots, onions, red pepper, pineapple) with rice.
th_f539ed92.jpg

Snacks: chocolate (3.5 syns)
Wine (6 syns)

Total syns: 25.5
So I've gone over again, AND I DON'T CARE!!!!!!

Think for this week I'll start with the full total of syns for the week @ 15 per day and minus them as I go, they should hopefully balance out over the week.

Total syns allowance for week 105 - syns used so far for Mon & Tues 59 = 46 left for the rest of the week.

I've done a little bit of walking today and I also had another go of the 30 day shred, a bit slow going, 2 days done but has taken 5 days to do it in, think at this rate I'll need a bit longer than 30 days!

Sorry to see you're having a hard time of it at the moment. I know how you feel - it's so tempting to throw in the towel and just eat whatever you want, especially if you don't get the results you deserve. Good luck with getting back on track, and hopefully you'll find Red/Green days work better for you :cross:

Your Sweet & Sour looks yummy - are you able to post the recipe?

Ooh and I've just seen that your original weight and target is very similar to mine! Congrats on your weightloss so far! Don't be too hard on yourself as you've done SO well and are so close to goal. You should be very pleased with yourself!

Thanks, I was ok at first, disappointed, but ok, then I kept seeing people posting about losing 2, 3 even 4lbs and not knowing how as they had been eating loads/not on plan/eating rubbish etc....that got me thinking...it's so unfair!! Then I ate & drank loads of syns, think I've got it out of my system now though :D

I got the sweet & sour recipe from the 'Pete's Recipe Book' thread, if you haven't seen his thread yet, you should have a look as he's posted loads of recipes with pictures.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/250434-petes-recipe-book-2.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super easy sweet & sour

Serves 4

Ingredients

400g Tin of chopped tomatoes
2Tbsp. of vinegar
330g/1 can of Fanta ZERO
1/2 pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
227g tin of Pineapple, chopped
season with salt & pepper
Method

Chop the onion, pepper, carrot & pineapple as small as possible.

Add ingredients to a saucepan and simmer until thickened and hot. Season with salt & pepper .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used fresh pineapple. Not sure if I did something wrong but it says "simmer until thickened" and mine didn't thicken, I had to boil it's ass off!, eventually it reduced but still wasn't thick, was ok though when I added the stir fried chicken.

Hope you like it :)

Staying E/E again today

Hexb: oat bran flakes with sultana & apple

Breakfast: oatbran flakes with sultana & apple, sliced banana & blueberries.
th_6d00b4b9.jpg

Lunch: bacon, eggs & mushrooms. (the eggs aren't very photogenic - they stuck in the pan...darn frylite!)
th_80f85c00.jpg

Followed by an apple.

Dinner: 3 x eat smart sausages (1.5 syns) s/w actifry chips & beans.
th_fac3aacc.jpg

followed by mixed summer berries, sliced banana, vanilla 0% activia with half a crushed ginger biscuit on top.(1.5 syns)
th_75e2b5fb.jpg

I've also made some scan bran marmalade cakes, I usually make my scan bran cakes in a silicone loaf tin but when I was shopping today, Morrisons had some silicone heart shaped bun trays reduced so I got one and made the cakes in this instead, I got 8 cakes out of the mixture, they work out at just over 1 syn each so I will round them up to 1.5 each.
th_d283450e.jpg

Snacks: pear, apple.

Syns left for the week 46
Syns for today: sausages 1.5, ginger biscuit 1.5, s/b marmalade cake 1.5 = Total 4.5
Syns left to use this week = 41.5

It could just be because you're so close to target and so the weight is much harder to shift. Or you may just be at the weight your meant to be? Either way lots of luck getting to target - it may just need some persistence and take a bit longer than you hope but I'm sure you'll get there :)

Loving all the photos! :D

Your sausage & chips look very yummy as does your pud!
What are the sausages like? They're so low in syns! I love the tesco light choices cumberland sausages as they taste exactly like full fat sausages (1 syn each)

I'm yet to try out the Scan Bran cakes but everyone seems to love them so I'll have to give them a go at some point soon. The heart shapes are so cute!

Thanks for the Sweet & Sour recipe and the link - I'll have a little nosey!

Glad you like the photos, I have vintagepockets to thank for pointing me in the right direction on how to add them.(thanks vintagepockets :)) Makes things look more interesting.

I like scan bran, I like it as it comes with sliced banana on the top...you can have 5 for a healthy extra but boy they sure give your jaws a good work out, they take a lot of getting through!
They are not so much hard work in cake form, I've used scan bran to make banana cake, chocolate cake, christmas cake, marmalade cake, ginger cake & carrot cake...all very nice, however I have to hide the cakes to stop the hubby from pinching them! :) His favourite is the scan bran carrot cake.

Last edited:
Back