Suzyflo's food diary....back on the wagon, target reached, now I need to stay there!!

Red today

Hexa: milk, cheese
Hexb: 30g all bran golden crunch, w/m bread

Breakfast: golden crunch with banana & blueberries....pic looks pretty much the same as yesterday! Tasted a lot different though.
th_55d41687.jpg

Lunch: tuna & cheese melts, the picture doesn't do them justice, they were really nice.
th_4aa39213.jpg

Followed by an apple.

Dinner: roast pork with green beans, carrots and cauliflower
th_4bdc7c6f.jpg

Followed by raspberry 0% activia yogurt.

Snacks: plum, scan bran marmalade cake (1.5 syns), mini creme egg (2.5 syns)

Syns left to use for this week: 41.5
Total syns for today: 4
Balance of syns = 37.5 left.

Green

Hexa: milk
Hexb: crunchy bran, w/m bread

Change of scenery for photos today as have been at work.
Breakfast: crunchy bran with sliced banana
th_5515a861.jpg

Lunch: super speed soup with w/m bread
th_04696598.jpg

followed by activia 0% yogurt

Dinner: 3 x quorn sausages (3 syns) mini jacket potatoes, green beans, carrots and cauliflower. activia 0% snackpot - forgot to take a photo before I ate it. Don't think I'll buy quorn sausages anymore as they really aren't worth spending syns on - I would much rather have the morrisons eat smart sausages as they are only 0.5 syns each & tastier.

Snacks: melon, blueberries, apple, pear, hot chocolate drink (2 syns) scan bran marmalade cake (1.5 syns), crisps (5 syns)

Syns left to use this week - 37.5
Syns today: 11.5
Syns balance: 26

Red day

Hexa: milk, philadelphia light
Hexb: porridge

Breakfast: porridge with mixed summer berries and banana.
th_f2f08211.jpg

Lunch: roast pork with carrots, baby sweetcorn & green beans
th_99e661d9.jpg

Followed by 0% activia

Dinner: chicken breast wrapped in bacon, stuffed with garlic and herb philadephia light, with cauliflower, green beans and carrots.
th_5e2d5fba.jpg

Followed by w/w yogurt.

Snacks: apple, pear, melon, plum. Cakes were brought into work for a birthday, I opted for a vanilla slice, ate it, loved it, then looked up the syns - 18.5 eek! No more syns for me today!

Balance of syns for the week: 26
Syns today - 18.5
Syns left to use - 7.5

Yes the cake was pretty bad wasn't it, it was nice, but if i'm honest, I would rather have had 3 packets of crisps for 15 syns....I LOVE crisps, I like ready salted best, Walkers were my favourites but I now prefer Morrisons value crisps and they are only 30 odd pence for 6 packets :D

Last day at work today then off for 3 - yay!

Green day

Hexa: milk, baby bel light
Hexb: all bran golden crunch, w/m bread

Breakfast: golden crunch with sliced banana & blueberries
th_4ac0d369.jpg

Lunch: super speed soup - forgot to take a photo but it was just the same as Friday's lunch, only without the bread. Here is Fridays pic.
th_04696598.jpg

Followed by 0% activia yogurt

Dinner: scrambled egg on toast with tomato ketchup (1 syn)
th_e77e6e9a.jpg

Followed by w/w yogurt.

Snacks: pear, plum, baby bel light, melon

Syns left to use = 7.5
Syns used today = 1
Balance of syns = 6.5

I've managed to get through the week without using the full syns allowance - hope it shows on the scales tomorrow, not convinced it will though!

Well done on your rationing of syns this week - you've done really well to stay within 105! I had a naughty weekend which involved a bottle of wine and chip shop saveloy and chips, whoops! I thought I'd try the rationing too but with 2 days prior, where I'd already used most of my syns ration for those days, it was too late to claw it back! I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for a STS at WI on weds.

Good luck with your WI!

Green day

Hexb: scan bran

Breakfast: mushed up scan bran with mixed summer berries and natural f/f yogurt

Lunch: pub lunch, Weatherspoons five bean chilli with yellow rice and tortilla chips (6 syns)****UPDATE*** now have pic.
th_4043c33a.jpg

Dinner: super speed soup with added mushrooms, chilli, quorn chunks and rice, muller light.

Dinner was rather similar to lunch I know, but already had the dinner planned and the pub lunch was an unexpected extra and it seemed like a good choice for only 6 syns.

Snacks: banana, scan bran marmalade cake (1.5 syns), chocolate (3.5), whisky & diet coke (4 syns)

Total Syns = 15

Last edited:
I honestly think your slow weightloss is simply because you have so little left to lose. There's no way its going to fall off you like it did when you were carrying the extra weight. And I bet those people whose diaries you look at have a long way still to go.

Try not to get too hung up on the scales as you're going to drive yourself crazy! Instead look in the mirror and congratulate yourself on your new slimmer figure. You should be really proud of yourself! Xx

I honestly think your slow weightloss is simply because you have so little left to lose. There's no way its going to fall off you like it did when you were carrying the extra weight. And I bet those people whose diaries you look at have a long way still to go.

Try not to get too hung up on the scales as you're going to drive yourself crazy! Instead look in the mirror and congratulate yourself on your new slimmer figure. You should be really proud of yourself! Xx

Thank you, that's made me feel better, you're right, really I'm perfectly fine as I am, I just want that bit more to get back where I was before, it's annoying that I've been there but let it slip which is something that I vowed would never happen again. I will get there again :)

What a lovely sunny day it's been today, went for another walk into town and back today - did this yesterday too but forgot to say in yesterday's post, but yesterday it chucked it down with rain on the way back and I got totally soaked! For the second day running have had a pub lunch - good food choices though with not many syns, plus each walk was 6 miles.

Green

Hexb: porridge

Breakfast: magic porridge - it's the first time I've tried this, I soaked the oats overnight in peach and pineapple muller light then had it for breakfast today with mixed summer berries , it was ok but I prefer ordinary porridge made with water.

Lunch: pub again - sweet chilli noodles (1 syn) very tasty.
th_2b705345.jpg

Dinner: scrambled egg on toast with tomato ketchup (1 syn)

Snacks: apple, baby bel light, crisps (5 syns), chocolate (3.5 syns)

Total syns = 10.5

Last edited:
Another ok day weatherwise, not as nice as yesterday but still good for the time of year. Been for another walk, 4 miles today. I've walked 16 miles these last 3 days, not bad going. Back at work for three days from tomorrow though :( so won't get chance to walk very far.

Green day

Hexa: milk, cheese
Hexb: w/m bread x 2

Breakfast: mixed summer berries with f/f natural yogurt topped with blueberries, 2 x slices w/m toast & marmalade (1 syn)
th_cb87f37e.jpg

Lunch: scrambled egg on toast with tomato ketchup (1 syn)
th_2ef58c57.jpg

Dinner: jacket potatoes (they were only tiny so I had 3) beans and cheese. (2 syns for butter)
th_08a58f1c.jpg

followed by activia 0% yogurt.

Snacks: plum, apple, chocolate (3.5 syns), brandy & diet lemonade (4 syns)

Total Syns = 10.5

Green Day

Hexb: all bran golden crunch, w/m bread

Breakfast: mixed summer berries, sliced banana topped with f/f natural yogurt and all bran golden crunch.
th_709fcba4.jpg

Lunch: I had a little bit of left over super speed soup which I mixed with onions and mushrooms, chilli and had it with boiled rice. It doesn't look very nice but it was tasty!
th_0fc0bfde.jpg

Followed by 0% activia yogurt.

Dinner: poached egg on w/m toast, no pic as battery on phone was flat and I couldn't wait to eat it. peach and pineapple muller light.

Snacks: apple, 2 x plums, pear, baby bel light, chocolate (3.5 syns), hot chocolate drink (2 syns), crisps (5 syns)

Total Syns = 10.5

Red day

Hexb: scan bran, aldi less than 70 calorie sultana & apple bars

Breakfast: mashed scan bran with mixed summer berries, banana & f/f natural yogurt
th_8e22b66d.jpg

Lunch: s/w bacon & mushroom quiche with cherry romatoes, mixed salad leaves and beetroot. muller light yogurt.
th_8e5a6f48.jpg
th_88374f10.jpg

Dinner: chicken breast with carrots, cauliflower and green beans 7 gravy (1 syn). w/w yogurt.
th_79b8344c.jpg

Snacks: pear, 2 x plums,melon, crisps (5 syns) sultana & apple bars,
brandy & lemonade (4 syns)

Total Syns = 10

Quiche looks good - how was it? X

Red

Hexb: porridge, w/m bread

Breakfast: porridge, 1 slice toast with marg ( 1 syn)

Lunch: ham salad - mixed salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, ham, boiled egg, slice w/m bread & spread (1 syn). w/w yogurt

Dinner: scrambled eggs & bacon. w/w yogurt.

Snacks: pear, plum, apple, crisps (5 syns) chocolate (3.5 syns) wine (6 syns)

Total Syns = 16.5

Back