SW Minimins Dryathlon Team (Alcohol Free January)

I only lost 1lb last week....so it was a nice boost.....I did a mixture if ee and green....and had a variety of food....hardly any bread....and I upped my water intake. I still think I should have lost more over the two weeks...I estimated that before starting this dryathon I must of being consuming over 2000 calories on wine a week (4+ bottles) #lovewine.
I give myself 15 syns a day....average about 12.
Another thing I have done this week is not stress about 1/3 of a plate.

You must be due a big drop?

Don't give up you have come this far xxxx

I so hope so! I gained 1.5 over Xmas, stayed the same 2 weeks later (I weigh every other week) and due to weigh on weds but my scales say I've stayed the same again!

I stopped weighing on my scales....too stressful....they were only showing a 1lb loss.
1.5 over Christmas is not bad.....and you have almost a week before you get weighed again.....stay focussed hunny xxx

I've done green nearly all week so I'm starting red today for a few. Day off looking after Alfie today, too snowy to go to work!

Just been to the pub. 2 diet cokes for me. Syn free and dryathlon-able. Didn't really miss it tho I left early cos the snow made me wanna be in doors all snuggled up! Snow isn't all bad! Now for a cup of tea-ROCK N ROLL

18 nights down 13 to go #pieceofcake :D

I have raised £90 lots of people getting paid next week.............so they are my target :rolleyes:

It is easier but I am looking forward to a nice glass of red (large) on February 1st which incidentally falls on a Friday night. Only one more Friday to go. :p

Yes I'm looking forward to one now, plus it's the end of the tax returns for us so I will be due a glass or two to celebrate!

Hey everyome
hows it going? I've been doing great and not craved any drinks yet despite having beer and wine still in the fridge from Christmas too. Woo hoo.

Ive raised £96 s far, I'd love to hit over £100 for charity though, I'll have to ask people on payday lol xxx

Hey everyome
hows it going? I've been doing great and not craved any drinks yet despite having beer and wine still in the fridge from Christmas too. Woo hoo.

Ive raised £96 s far, I'd love to hit over £100 for charity though, I'll have to ask people on payday lol xxx

Morning!
I'm feeling great alcohol wise, slight headache after a run yesterday but I'm still on antibiotics so perhaps I'll feel better later.
I did have 4 bottles of red wine staring at me since jan 1st but hubby's getting through them! He drank a whole bottle last night, snored all night! Unimpressed!! He's not even up yet!

I've checked this morning and I'm on 115, considering my target was 50 I'm thrilled!

Don't want to ask too much more though as I want people to sponsor me again soon for my 10k.

Morning all! I had a golden pass yesterday (feel like I've cheated lol!) and had a couple of large glasses of red. I was worried I'd struggle to do the rest of the month after getting the taste back but felt really rough this morning so if anything, its reinforced how nice it is waking up with a totally clear head. here's to a more sensible approach in future :)

I was wondering how I'd feel the next day after being back to normal.

What's everyone's plans? Having a drink fri feb 1st to celebrate??

Xx

I was wondering how I'd feel the next day after being back to normal.

What's everyone's plans? Having a drink fri feb 1st to celebrate??

Xx

I am actually thinking of carrying on for 3 months! Dont know how long that will last ;) x

I don't think I'll have a drink in a hurry once the Dryathalon is over but if Hubby and I do go out anywhere I'll be certainly enjoying an ice cold pint :)
Doing this has really shown me just how much I can resist drinking and I feel great so far xxx

3 months wow! That is dedication!

This challenge has taught me that I choose a glass of wine over a snack in the evenings or at the weekend mainly far too easily. It curbs that hunger and that's where I'm going wrong, I need to be more prepared snack wise in the future!

I would like to go on a bit longer....if I keep losing weight at a good pace....but I know that first weekend I will be drooling....lol..

I'm dreading drinking again in a way. Most of what I like to drink I can't have within my syns anyway so drinking again means having the odd G&T within my syns on an evening...but when I go out and drink cider, it means being off plan, and I've been feeling great about my diet recently and been having good results. Might try and avoid drinking for a bit longer ;)

It takes 3 weeks to break a habit...........so we are at that point now. I wonder if my craving for wine tonight is because of the 3 week thing. I am not going to.......:cry:

A friend of mine is doing this and she almost used her golden pass but she hasn't. But she says she has never been so miserable in her life :D and won't be doing it again :D

Back