SW Supermarket Range!!

At the end of the day no matter what foods SW bring out no one is being forced to eat them. But as someone just pointed out you only need to look at the syn forum to see people DO use convenience foods sauces etc. Why shouldn't SW benefit from that.

It's about choice. When I was on WW I never had WW ready meals - ever but they were there for other people if they chose to have them. My choice was not to. But I loved some of their other foods and it was great to pick up things like pitta bread or bagels etc and know for certain what the points value was.

If it was a choice between a WW or another brand sauce or a SW one wouldn't you prefer a sw one :)

If it was a choice between a WW or another brand sauce or a SW one wouldn't you prefer a sw one :)

Not necessarily - my choice would be based on on product quality, taste, and value for money rather than the fact it has SW label. In fact I would probably be less likely to buy a slimming club branded product.

They should do what tesco and ww did they put points on tescos own food they should do it with asda put the syns on things such as pasta sauces.
I know i dont know all syns by heart and would probably buy things i didn't think where low syns!
I must admit even before slimming world i love pasta n sauce and only juty realised some are free yippee i dont like alot of food so has made my life easier!

what i would find interesting, all the people on here that say that they wouldnt use SW products, they prefer to make their own (as i do, but i would buy them for convenience). How many people buy their hi fi bars when they go to meetings, surely they are for convenience. they are not good syns value.

It's about choice. When I was on WW I never had WW ready meals - ever but they were there for other people if they chose to have them. My choice was not to. But I loved some of their other foods and it was great to pick up things like pitta bread or bagels etc and know for certain what the points value was.
This is definately where I can see SW making some money - it would be nice to be able to buy bagels pitta etc with the syn value printed on the packaging - good if you are out and about without some free or low syn food.

Besides, they say that they invest heavily in research into weight loss, so if they make a success of SW food then they will have more money to invest in research, which will help us all.

I've never been a fan of ready made sauces or meals myself, but I don't have kids etc, so I probably have more time & energy to spend on cooking than some people.

This is definately where I can see SW making some money - it would be nice to be able to buy bagels pitta etc with the syn value printed on the packaging - good if you are out and about without some free or low syn food.

Besides, they say that they invest heavily in research into weight loss, so if they make a success of SW food then they will have more money to invest in research, which will help us all.

I've never been a fan of ready made sauces or meals myself, but I don't have kids etc, so I probably have more time & energy to spend on cooking than some people.

To be honest my problem, if i am being honest, is that sometimes i am just too lazy. My boys are 16, 9 and 5 and they arent any problem feeding so I cant really use the excuse about kids. It's just me :(

To be honest my problem, if i am being honest, is that sometimes i am just too lazy. My boys are 16, 9 and 5 and they arent any problem feeding so I cant really use the excuse about kids. It's just me :(
Pretty sure you aren't alone in occasionally not feeling like cooking! In fact, a range of ready meals might make me less likely to buy a kebab & or a chicken chow mein (synned of course) on those nights when I really can't be bothered to cook.

that's exactly why i would by a couple of pasta sauces. if it stops me eating biscuits or something equally syn heavy then i am all for it.
by the way is that your puppy.

that's exactly why i would by a couple of pasta sauces. if it stops me eating biscuits or something equally syn heavy then i am all for it.
by the way is that your puppy.
I wish it was my puppy! I really want him! But I live in a flat and we are both out at work all day so we can't :(

I have a dog, she is just over a year, she is a staffy x something, maybe a patterdale. she was left in a box with her two sisters on the side of the road. they were all on deaths door. she was 2.2 kilos when we got her but she is fine now.
we adopted her from Foal Farm in Biggin Hill, which i would recommend to anyone thinking of getting a cat or a dog.

I wouldn't use them all the time but I think they would be handy to take away on holiday when you're self catering, camping etc. You often don't have very good cooking facilities so could make life a bit easier.

Denise

Not read the whole thread so sorry if I repeat what has already been said.

I thinks its a great idea, but I wouldn't like to see them do the whole microwave meal thing. Jarred sauces for occasional use would be fantastic though - especially on WI night when I don't get home until nearly 9.

When I was doing WW I made most meals from scratch but it was handy to have a few jars of korma sauce in the cupboard for an emergency.

That said, I remember buying some SW tuna tins many years ago and they were vile!

There was a questionnaire left on our chairs on Monday night asking if we would like to see syn values on menus, etc. I used to see syns on the menu at our local Harvester about 10 years ago, I always wondered why they stopped.

For a shift worker this would be great though so when im on nights I don't have to panic and fall off the wagon I could have something sw friendly xx

Mizkirsty said:
For a shift worker this would be great though so when im on nights I don't have to panic and fall off the wagon I could have something sw friendly xx

I'm the same-it would be so handy to have something like that for night shifts

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hmm interesting I am a consultant and have not heard anything at all, as far as I was told the new warehouse is just so they can keep more stuff on hand to get out to consultants quicker (books, hi fi bars, magazines etc)

Have scanned all my latest SW literature and nothing !

its in the latest zoom that the new warehouse is cos they now distribute to USA and Ireland so are tight on space

Circes said:
If that is the case then I'm glad I left class. I've always been seriously against SW moving in this direction and said that I would leave should they decide to to bring out their own food range. They have sold out and I'm glad I'm not a member any more :(

Just becuase it's in a jar doesn't mean it's not healthy. Without knowing what range of foods they are bringing out exactly I think this reaction is slightly premature.

I think we all feel similar about this... It's good for convenience; we've got to remember that whilst slimming world prides itself on homemade cooking etc; it is a business; and in today's society businesses have to do what they can to survive, and if this means making their own range of produce for it's users to purchase in the shops; it's extra income; PLUS prompting others to join once they've tried the sauces.

I for one hope this endeavour succeeds without loosing that slimming world "edge" we all know and love.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Is there any update on this? Ive not seen anything in the supermarkets yet.

Back