SW Wegdes / Chips

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Edwin, 8 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Edwin

Edwin Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm planning on these for my dinner - which depends whether the kids give me chance to peel the potatoes or not!

I'd be gratfeul for all hints and tips to make them the best please!! My hubbie is sceptical about the taste of 'free' chips so want to prove my point!!

Many thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. faye0310

faye0310 Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(23.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi, my boyfriend make them for me and they are really nice. peel the potatoes and cut into chips put them in the microwave for 6 minutes. then spary a baking tray with plenty of fry light put the chips on and spray them with fry light too. put them in the oven for about 45 minutes, turning them every so often. (they dont look like what they look like in the books tho!!)

Hope this helps

4. Edwin

Edwin Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    That sounds really easy - thought I'd have to boil them first but micro soooo much easier! Do I put them in some water in the micro?

5. faye0310

faye0310 Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(23.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i used to boil them but it was a right clart. no just put them on a plate on there own. sometimes i drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the top of them before i put them in the oven but you dont need too.

6. princessria

princessria is a pirate arrrgggghhhh

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(2.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    oh my gosh putting them in the microwave sounds so much bloody easier your a life saver XXXXXXX

7. Divster

Divster Banned

i dont peel mine, chop and par boil for 10 mins, then drain and cover in curry powder and frylight, roast 220' for 25 mins....yum, had mine with mushy peas and dry fry egg last night....yummy

8. 1982shelly82

1982shelly82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimfast
    i did the sw chips last night in oven and my partner loved them.he didnt believe i had done them in oven though said they tasted like when you do them in pan. they were lush xx

9. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do mine slightly different.
    I peel the potatoes, leave them whole, but pierce them right through so they dont explode in microwave....cook them until soft, put on a baking sheet covered in frylight and salt and bake in oven until crispy...delicious and even Hubby and Daughter love them too!

10. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I find wedges cook better than the chips. I don't peel them just chop into wedge shapes. Spray baking tray with frylight and sprinle on some salt (I use garlic salt) put wedges in tray and sprinkle on some more salt and spray with frylight. Put in oven for about 45 mins turning halfway through

11. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I live on these with eggs and beans/mushy peas. I do parboil them for ten mins first and then drain them and rough them up a bit in the pan. it does make them go a bit crispier. cook them in the hottest oven (mine is about 240) for up to half an hour.
    If i'm short on time though I don't parboil them, they are still good but not as good.
    I never parboil wedges though, just cut the potato up, spray and bake.
    Having chips for tea tonight. :)

12. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i prick whole potatoes with skins on put in microwave for about 6-9 mins then cut them to shape and spray with frylite and sprinkle with swartz seasonall and bake till ready

13. LittleBottle

LittleBottle Where's Skinny Minnie?

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I do love the chips and do them with the roughing up in the pan which works well. If I fancy a change I cut the tats into wedges, drop them into a pan of boiling water for a couple of minutes then mix them in a bowl with schwarz crispy cajun coating - only need half a pack for 2 portions (I count as 1.5 syns - 5.5 for the whole packet) or shotz cajun seasoning (free). OH loves them and says they're better than the frozen type - bless.

14. Edwin

Edwin Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    We had them for dinner and they were great!! I peeled and sliced the pots into chips and then microwaves for 9 mins (did loads!!). I then covered in fry light and cover at max temp for about 35mins - lovely!! Hubbie thought they were good too! I will try wegdes soon with some seasoning.

Thanks for all your tips.

15. PinkDaisy

PinkDaisy Banned

Start Weight:
    339lb
    Current Weight:
    309.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    196lb
    Lost(%):
    29.2lb(8.61%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting - My fitness pal
    i love them, i must admit yesterday i just cut them into wedges and sprayed with fry light and oven for 45mins, yummy, microwave sounds gud tho! x

16. dsarah1977

dsarah1977 Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st7lb
    Current Weight:
    24st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.24%)
    Diet:
    own
    thaNKS FOR THE TIPS DID TO NITE THEY WERE LOVELY COULD OF ATE ALOT MORE THEN DID AS ENJOYED SO MUCH BUT I NEVER LOL THINK MIGHT DO WEDGES TOMOZNIGHT

SARAH XX

17. elizabeth

elizabeth Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(53.93%)
    Diet:
    No diet, just healthy eating
    I leave the skins on, cut into wedges, and steam them in the microwave for five minutes before putting in the oven. Run them under cold water for a minute when they come out the microwave, which makes them easier to handle.

Oh and I coat the wedges in Fajita spice, which is scrumptious, and use a Healthy Extra tblsp of oil to coat them and the baking tray, which makes them come out deliciously crisp!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I par boil mine for five minutes, then shake them up a bit to rough the edges up, then sprinkle them with various things depending on my mood. My current favourite is a light dusting of garlic powder, a small sprinkling of smoked paprika, dried thyme, salt and pepper. Spray with fry light and shake them up to distribute the seasonings (you can use a wooden spoon if you haven't cooked them too soft), stick 'em on a baking sheet and bake for about 1/2 an hour til golden. They are delish!!! They are the best thing about being on slimming world, if you ask me! Mmmmmmmm!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.