SW Wegdes / Chips

Edwin

Silver Member
I'm planning on these for my dinner - which depends whether the kids give me chance to peel the potatoes or not!

I'd be gratfeul for all hints and tips to make them the best please!! My hubbie is sceptical about the taste of 'free' chips so want to prove my point!!

Many thanks

hi, my boyfriend make them for me and they are really nice. peel the potatoes and cut into chips put them in the microwave for 6 minutes. then spary a baking tray with plenty of fry light put the chips on and spray them with fry light too. put them in the oven for about 45 minutes, turning them every so often. (they dont look like what they look like in the books tho!!)

Hope this helps

That sounds really easy - thought I'd have to boil them first but micro soooo much easier! Do I put them in some water in the micro?

i used to boil them but it was a right clart. no just put them on a plate on there own. sometimes i drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the top of them before i put them in the oven but you dont need too.

oh my gosh putting them in the microwave sounds so much bloody easier your a life saver XXXXXXX

i dont peel mine, chop and par boil for 10 mins, then drain and cover in curry powder and frylight, roast 220' for 25 mins....yum, had mine with mushy peas and dry fry egg last night....yummy

i did the sw chips last night in oven and my partner loved them.he didnt believe i had done them in oven though said they tasted like when you do them in pan. they were lush xx

I do mine slightly different.
I peel the potatoes, leave them whole, but pierce them right through so they dont explode in microwave....cook them until soft, put on a baking sheet covered in frylight and salt and bake in oven until crispy...delicious and even Hubby and Daughter love them too!

I find wedges cook better than the chips. I don't peel them just chop into wedge shapes. Spray baking tray with frylight and sprinle on some salt (I use garlic salt) put wedges in tray and sprinkle on some more salt and spray with frylight. Put in oven for about 45 mins turning halfway through

I live on these with eggs and beans/mushy peas. I do parboil them for ten mins first and then drain them and rough them up a bit in the pan. it does make them go a bit crispier. cook them in the hottest oven (mine is about 240) for up to half an hour.
If i'm short on time though I don't parboil them, they are still good but not as good.
I never parboil wedges though, just cut the potato up, spray and bake.
Having chips for tea tonight. :)

i prick whole potatoes with skins on put in microwave for about 6-9 mins then cut them to shape and spray with frylite and sprinkle with swartz seasonall and bake till ready

I do love the chips and do them with the roughing up in the pan which works well. If I fancy a change I cut the tats into wedges, drop them into a pan of boiling water for a couple of minutes then mix them in a bowl with schwarz crispy cajun coating - only need half a pack for 2 portions (I count as 1.5 syns - 5.5 for the whole packet) or shotz cajun seasoning (free). OH loves them and says they're better than the frozen type - bless.

We had them for dinner and they were great!! I peeled and sliced the pots into chips and then microwaves for 9 mins (did loads!!). I then covered in fry light and cover at max temp for about 35mins - lovely!! Hubbie thought they were good too! I will try wegdes soon with some seasoning.

Thanks for all your tips.

i love them, i must admit yesterday i just cut them into wedges and sprayed with fry light and oven for 45mins, yummy, microwave sounds gud tho! x

thaNKS FOR THE TIPS DID TO NITE THEY WERE LOVELY COULD OF ATE ALOT MORE THEN DID AS ENJOYED SO MUCH BUT I NEVER LOL THINK MIGHT DO WEDGES TOMOZNIGHT

SARAH XX

I leave the skins on, cut into wedges, and steam them in the microwave for five minutes before putting in the oven. Run them under cold water for a minute when they come out the microwave, which makes them easier to handle.

Oh and I coat the wedges in Fajita spice, which is scrumptious, and use a Healthy Extra tblsp of oil to coat them and the baking tray, which makes them come out deliciously crisp!

I par boil mine for five minutes, then shake them up a bit to rough the edges up, then sprinkle them with various things depending on my mood. My current favourite is a light dusting of garlic powder, a small sprinkling of smoked paprika, dried thyme, salt and pepper. Spray with fry light and shake them up to distribute the seasonings (you can use a wooden spoon if you haven't cooked them too soft), stick 'em on a baking sheet and bake for about 1/2 an hour til golden. They are delish!!! They are the best thing about being on slimming world, if you ask me! Mmmmmmmm!!!

Back