Original Sweet Potato

Nixy

Hi
I am at work without my book. I am on a red day and wanted to have my HEB of potato for dinner as was thinking of having sweet potato instead. I had a look on the sw website and it doesn't give an option of sweet potato just baking potato, not sure if I'm being a bit dim and this counts as the same.

I'm being really good (my halo is shining) so don't want to slip up although i'm sure it wouldn't make any difference....surely
xx:D

i bought some sweet potatoes today. how do you cook them? lol
They are scrummy roasted, slimming world style chips or even baked in their jackets. They need less cooking time than ordinary potatoes.x

I thought it had more fibre too. I had to have normal potato anyway as tesco's was out of parsnips.
I love roast sweet potato

this is where i think SW has got it a bit wrong. Sweet potatoes are not actually potatoes (but that is another subject) They are extremely nutritious and everyone would benefit to adding them into their diet. I feel these should be included in healthy extras as should half an avocado (both very very healthy and wonderfully good for you) If you compare the nutrient in an Alpen bar compared to the two mentioned above i know which a nutritionalist/dietician would recommend you eat x

Yes i thought sweet potato should be a healthy extra, as i assumed it was much better for you than a normal potato. But im sure if it was then it would be! There must be a reason why its not

Ooops, I stand corrected - quick google search reveals that in 7oz of potato there are 4g of fibre as opposed to 5g fibre in sweet potato.

Mind you, I don't eat the skin when I bake a sweet potato as it doesn't go crispy enough for me and most of the fibre is in the skin.

I agree with the avocado though, so good for you and half a medium avocado is 125 calories. Mind you, I suppose that's why we get our syns.....

Yes i thought sweet potato should be a healthy extra, as i assumed it was much better for you than a normal potato. But im sure if it was then it would be! There must be a reason why its not
Ha perhaps they have shares in Alpen bars, Mullerlights Scan bran and other branded foods lolxx

I love sweet potato - I used to buy sweet potato with rosemary and Garlic from tescos but I'm going to have a go at making my own from scratch at some point this week. Yummy!

Back