Swelling in both wrists and joints

msajuma

Hi, just a quick question, has anyone experienced inflamation and and swelling in wrists, fingers and joints. I am just a little worried as my Dad suffers from gout and has to avoid meat high protein, but is allowed to eat chicken. Past 3 days i have had swelling on both my wrists, fingers and inner thigh. I google and found out it may be due to high protein OR if you loose weight very quickly, something to do with the uric acid increasing if loosing weight quickly. It also said if the gout or swelling is to do with weight loss if will go away and is a temporary phase.

Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this?

Not heard of this before. Could drinking more water help at all

You're probably safest just to pop into your doctors and make sure everything is all good. If you're not drinking enough, then of course that could be the cause.

Yeah i think i need to consume more water that i already do, i think it might help with the headaches and migrains I am suffering from too. I also wondering whether i need to take any vitamin suplements or not? I did a little bit of research online and having apple cider vinegar or lemon may help with the swelling. I have just ordered organic apple cider vinegar. The swellings have disappeared so i guess it was just a phase, but i was in sever pain yesterday.

As it's the winter I do take my regular supplements of vitamin c, Which can't do any harm as the diet has no fruit (until later on) and veg only every other day. Also, I take an ecinacea supplement - I have a tendency to get colds and chest infections at this time of year and I find that this helps. It doesn't seem to have had any affect on the diet.

Check the official Dukan site as they have a list of supplements you can take. (Check out the shop.)

Hope the problem clears up and the pain goes away. x

i started taking a multi vitamin supplement but don't always remember to take it LOL.

okai Dukaner Family am back

On Sunday my whole right legs where swallon and could not walk, carried on with high fewer and dizzy and light headed, Monday went to GP and was sent straight to A$E where i was taken straight away, :cry:had formed another massive clot in right legg, Grrrr cant believe it as i am already on medications. have not been mobile at all apart from the past 2 days where i am now able to walk again. But good news i still carried on with my diet apart from one day Tuesday or Monday where I had a tablespoon of rice :-(.

Just to let all you know, the clot has nothing to do with the diet, i have been suffering from clots for the past 18 years ever since i was 19. Have not had a chance to pic up my vitamins but will do on monday

Ooh you poor soul! Glad you're ok, also good to know its not the diet. And you stuck to it, so not a bad outcome. Well done!

Good greif, what meds are you on. Sounds like you should be on warfarin. Was your INR not right, how has another clot formed. Mind you having said that my hubby been fine on his warfarin yet a ct scan last nov showed a small clot in his lungs. No wonder you been feeling feverish and light headed. Hope its being sorted now. Its difficult to follow a diet when ill so well done.

Goodness gracious. Poor old you! Take care of yourself.

Good greif, what meds are you on. Sounds like you should be on warfarin. Was your INR not right, how has another clot formed. Mind you having said that my hubby been fine on his warfarin yet a ct scan last nov showed a small clot in his lungs. No wonder you been feeling feverish and light headed. Hope its being sorted now. Its difficult to follow a diet when ill so well done.

I am on warfarin lifelong but have previously formed clots while on in, however whenever i have y INR level had dropped for some reason or other. But this time my INR was in level and I was theraputic, the day they did my scan my level was spot on, so really dont know what happen. I was told the swelling in my arms may also have been clots and my high fever and light headed possibly clot in the lung but did not do a scan or further investigation as they said i am already on medication for the clots and there is nothing more that can be done :-(. I just hate it soo much, I had DVT on my left leg have so many complications, now both me legs, ohhh really dont want that

Oh xxx glad your ok now chuck xxx

I am on warfarin lifelong but have previously formed clots while on in, however whenever i have y INR level had dropped for some reason or other. But this time my INR was in level and I was theraputic, the day they did my scan my level was spot on, so really dont know what happen. I was told the swelling in my arms may also have been clots and my high fever and light headed possibly clot in the lung but did not do a scan or further investigation as they said i am already on medication for the clots and there is nothing more that can be done :-(. I just hate it soo much, I had DVT on my left leg have so many complications, now both me legs, ohhh really dont want that
Blimey, its not fair thou is it, your INR is right yet your body is rebelling. Its so scary too. Keep an eye on your breathing and chest hun, hubby had bad pains and hardly any breath, went to minor ailments and they ambulanced him immediately. Multiple clots in both lungs. Due to mobility and he is now a lifer as well. Hope you feel better soon, one day at a time, and if you feel bad then A&E straight away

Thanks hun, am in heprin injections right now, went to consultant and they want to increase my INR level to 3.0 to 4.0 or do further tests. Was told it is not uncommon to form clots while on warfarin or heprin or any blood thining medications. With the clot in my left leg and the fact it is not dissolved now for the past 18 years, i also keep forming leg ulcuers and have variouse veins and variouse eczema, which i then cannot walk due to it and it takes ages like years for my leg ulcuers to heal. Now the consultant says i may have the same thing in my right leg, its all post dvt sydrome. Being extremely careful now.

Flipping heck, not good hun. Our bodies do have strange things that happen, hope the heparin works out. Hubby keeps getting small clots in his lung, CT scan showed one last year, and we realised it was probably that every time he has the amount of pain he has in his side, he is suffering another clot, which then takes a few weeks to go. I remember my nan having ulcers and them taking sooo long to go. I seem to remember she had DVT too........at the time i didn't know what that meant or how dangerous it was, now of course I do.

Hope your hubby is okai, and looking after himself lots, if you see consutant ask for an IVC filter or google it and read about it, I can imagine the worry, clots in Lung is quite bad, another thing i have an IVC filter fitted in to stop the clots going from my DVT leg to lung, (that does not mean i cannot form a clot in lung) but usually most common clots are start from leg. :-(, Leg ulcuers do take ages and ages to heal, n get infected and are also very painful. and then leave a horrible scar for life, i have two palm size scars on my left let and never never wear short skirts, or 3/4 leggings. :-(, but more important is my health. Is your hubby on warfarin too? there is a new drug out, and my consultant is debating weather i should consider that, but not enough research is been done. I knew of two ladies my mums age, who started with just clots in leg and ended up in wheelchairs due to recurrent clots in legs, and hands, and need full time care. I am soo scared and to be told that there is no other medication to stop this apart from warfarin or heprin is scary. One of the reasons why i had gained weight and need to loose it.

Oh well, i guess take each day as it comes and carry on...

Hubby got the clots cos he had an op on his knee and didn't move about much after it as his mobility is already bad. Uses wheelchair when we out and about because of pain in knee. But he wasn't warned about what he should do after the op and so 4 months later he was rushed to hosp with multiple clots in both lungs. The pains he gets now are sometimes so unbareable for him, but yes he is on warfarin and its a bit unsteady at the moment, but its all getting there. As you say thou, one day at a time.

Back