Sybersadie's Diary

Work will be happening in my home office rather than at work. I have a major deadline, which is both personal and work related, on 22nd April with a lot to get done between now and then. Hence our holiday being booked for the very next day :D

Enjoy the clothes trying on, I would rather be doing that :)

Caught up with everyone's diaries :)

Now need to do some work and avoid the food temptation in the kitchen. OH is having panfried seabass, my favourite :(

Yummy! I'm in my closet (literally) trying to get a first round of stuff out of the way...
Menu downstairs seems delish as I get wafts of it every time I venture out in the hallway :eek:

Last edited:
Great having a holiday straight after a deadline. I try to do similar.

What's your job? Do you work from home a lot.

When I worked in an office I'd hardly eat, as we wernt allowed. Of course we all did but nothing major. Now I'm self employed and work from home it's harder to sit at my desk and stay away from the fridge.

Had a good 100% TS weekend :)

I avoided the all the food that smelt yummy coming from the kitchen. Back to normal this week with OH out of the house until 8pm and eating dinner out. So I can eat my Exante in peace and not have food smell temptation :p

I work in tertiary education and research, holding down 2 part tine jobs Sarah. I am a p/t research officer at one university, and a p/t associate lecturer at another (well known) distance learning university where I teach degree students. I have an office at my research post but can do a lot of writing at home, and I am home based for my teaching post (I don't teach from home though, teaching is based in university premises). As a result I only go into a real office once or twice a week, spending the rest of the time working from home. Today is a research project meeting day so I am working from the work office, which means meetings most of the day.

As far as the diet is concerned either works but I use different strategies. When in the work office I have bars for lunch and dinner as I will stay out of the house til around 6.30 7pm. When at home I can organise myself better, having a bar for lunch and a meal for dinner. The fridge tends not to tempt me as there is very little in there that could be eaten without cooking it!

It sound like a busy job that your in control of. I fit my working hours around a toddler, will never be as productive as I once was.

Well done on 100%, I managed it too (just).

Your job sounds amazing. I am an accountant currently but hoping to be able to quit soon and go back to Uni to get my PhD. I would love to do research.

It sound like a busy job that your in control of. I fit my working hours around a toddler, will never be as productive as I once was.

How I understand Sarah!
I had the same experience as I chose to keep working but wanted my kids to be kept at home - but the nanny did not understand the concept of "do not disturb"... she'd let them come in... Or they'd cry so of course I'd come out

Now, even though they're at school, I try not to work from home when they're there... they always seem to be needing my help for something. I work better when everyone's asleep

I am in control (just) because I don't have children at home! If I had to work around youngsters it wouldn't happen.

@Beccubug I actually love my job and my personal deadline is the submission of my PhD thesis :D

OK, so that's me caught up with everyone. Been a long day of meetings for me so I am heading for a soak in the bath and then an early night :)

What area do you work in? My Undergrad is in English and my MA is Film Studies.

I want to do a PhD surrounding feminism in Film and Literature, specifically third word and developing cultures.

I hope you enjoyed the soak in the tub and had a restful evening.

The soak in the bath was fab - my back is playing up sitting for long periods at the computer :(

Both my undergrad and MSc are in psychology. My research work and my PhD are in health psychology related to the stress of coping with chronic illness in the family.

My late lunchbreak is nearly up. Had the toffee, nut and raisin bar from my new delivery - very nice. Only ordered one in case I didn't like them. Will only have to hope they are still available when I want to order more.

So, I need a cup of mint tea and then its back to work for me :)

The soak in the bath was fab - my back is playing up sitting for long periods at the computer :(

Both my undergrad and MSc are in psychology. My research work and my PhD are in health psychology related to the stress of coping with chronic illness in the family.

That sounds very interesting.

My late lunchbreak is nearly up. Had the toffee, nut and raisin bar from my new delivery - very nice. Only ordered one in case I didn't like them. Will only have to hope they are still available when I want to order more.

So, I need a cup of mint tea and then its back to work for me :)

I put an order in today with some of these. I hope I like them.

I never ordered a toffee but raisin bar, they sound nice

It was nice. It won't make the top three favourites, but nice for a change

Back