SYN FREE BBQ SAUCE

Made the BBQ sauce tonight and used it to make hunters chicken. Chicken wrapped in bacon (with all fat removed), smothered in the sauce and sprinkled with cheddar HEB. Served it with new potatoes and salad. OMG it was delish and OH loved it too but best of all.... Syn free :p

This sounds incredible Rachel!!! Def adding this to my list!

Thanks for the recipe madhousemum! Posted it on my blog - hope you don't mind!

Love, Tasha

This sounds incredible Rachel!!! Def adding this to my list!

Thanks for the recipe madhousemum! Posted it on my blog - hope you don't
Love, Tasha

mind!

image.jpg

Enjoy Tasha, let me know what you think

love Rachel x

Last edited:
Wow so pleased I found this, thanks very much for the recipe. BBQ sauce is one of my weaknesses, I think it makes everything taste better! Will be trying this out tomorrow :)

Thanks again xx

I have all the other ing but mustard powder!!! Do I need to add it does it makes difference and could I use Dijon mustard!!??!!

You can use Dijon mustard but it's milder so you'll need more and you have to syn it as mustard is not free (but the powder is).

Liz
X

Ooh, I did look today whilst out but couldn't find it will go to bigger supermarket tomorrow, will have to have burgers for tea instead of yummy chicken!!

It might sound obvious but it's usually with the mustard - its a square yellow tin, colemans. I looked for it in the spices aisle for ages and unsurprisingly couldn't find it!!
Liz
X

No I did look with the mustard but it was only a little Tesco extra!! Will try a bigger one tomorrow, but if there had been a bigger herbs n spices section I probably wouldn't have looked with the mustard!! Thank you

Mmmmmmmm made this tonight, skipped the mustard pdr and used smoked paprika instead of chilli pdr.

It was delicious!!

Been meaning to make this for ages finally made it and it was lush I made double the amount so still have half a jam jar left
It so tasty that it can be used with so many different meats to jazz them up !
Thanks for the recipe

I made this last night and did a hunter's chicken. I wrapped the chicken in bacon, smothered in BBQ sauce and shredded cheese on top, baked in the oven for 20 mins and then under grill for about 5 mins. It was soooooo nice! Thanks for this simple yet tasty BBQ sauce!

PS - I blitzed mine too with a blender stick.

Mmmmm deffo gunna try this when shopping gets delivered.

Back