Syn Free Onion Chutney/Marmalade

I used some of this in onion tarts, used a tortillas to make the pastry-style bases and topped with mozzarella.... gorgeous, thanks for the recipe!

Thanks for the recipe - just made this and it's scrummy!

This is one sexy onion marmalade lol! It tastes so gorgeous with mature chedder. I have a batch waiting for the New Year's day buffet & cheese board (too lazy to cook yet another big dinner for just two of us!)

Mine differs from original recipe only in that I didn't have apple/cider vinegar so used white wine & I added mustard seeds, white not the red ones & a dash of honey. Tastes glorious!!!

Keeping

How long does the chutney keep? (As it uses sweetener and not sugar)

Fridge or cupboard?

Just made this and it's lovely with low fat grated cheese on toast. The only difference was I added a bit chilli to it. Now if I could only find syn free red wine to go along with it ......:)

I've got some of this bubbling away on the stove and it smells fabulous, thank you for the recipe! x

its lovely i make it all the time. other half doesnt like the smell when its cooking. i have a large jar that ifill up and keeps for at least 3 months in the fridge.

just reminded me to get ingerdients to make some more.

I just want to say thankyou to everyone who commented on this recipe...It reminded me that I havent made any for years.....must get the ingredients and get some done this week :)

Just posting on here so I can find it again in the morning- sounds yummy so I've really got to make some :)

Back