Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

Hi Ladies!! Don't thank me, thank AngelicBee, who has inspired me with her food ideas - she does hers as one big cookie topped with Choc Shot, YUM!
AB, if you read this, can you let us know which recipe you use?

Bubble, I have no idea how to syn the oats... lemme go check... okee. 4 1/2 syns, but that's for 25g. The recipe called for 30g, non? But a HexB is 30g, so um. Now I'm all confused. :confused: But I think 4 1/2 syns is a good guideline - which is pretty not bad, per cookie! Mine didn't look like the ones on the website there, but were still tasty enough. I had two Ryvita Mediterranean thingys for lunch but can't find the syns anywhere. I need to post that as a query on the Syn Value thread, right?

*edit: yay, I can use them as a HexB!

Last edited:
Hello

I just weigh my oats to heb amount Hun then I add an egg, then I shake my sweetener across the mixture until a thin layer covers it. Then I mix it place in a silicone tray and bake for ten minutes or until golden x c

I still haven't got myself any silicone bakeware, should get some really. I used to have silicone oven gloves, but left them behind when I moved. Thanks for your version of the recipe, hon. I put cinnamon in mine too, LOVE oats and cinnamon.

Well, I'm in the odd predicament of not having had my HexA yet today - have used up my Bs on Ryvita Mediterranean (my fave) so not sure how I will use it. Maybe in a creamy hot chocolate again? Mind you, should check my syns! Have had a few nibbles today :sign0007:

B: coffee, poached egg, mash, beans, slice of ham
L: carrots, celery, peppers, broccoli and 2 x ryvita mediterranean, with quark dip (made with 1 tsp extra light mayo, which is 1/3 of 1/2 of a syn. so, what's that... 1/6 syn?)
S: after dinner mint mullerlight, thorntons gooey caramel (3 syns) (hubbys fault, he left the box open.) (to be honest, I was totally patting myself on the back for only having ONE)
D: poached egg, veggies, fusilli with turkey bolognaise, 1 fish finger (2 syns), mullerlight banoffee (1 syn)
S: 1 x ryvita mediterranean

Right, think I'm going to go for the hot chocolate made with milk. Ahh, yes, another white hot choc with a candy cane, yummy lush winter treat after a cold windy day!

Totals:
Exercise - um. It's still the weekend.
Water - hardly any. Maybe this is why I've been feeling dizzy/headachey today?
HexA 250 ml semi skimmed milk, HexB 3 x ryvita mediterranean
Syns - 9 1/6 syns.

What a star and only 1 choccie too!
Thanx for you comments on my diary, i need to learn to deal with things like some other people im a bit of a weed!
You though! Im mega proud of u. It seems uve really turned a corner. Go moonbeam go. X

It seems uve really turned a corner. Go moonbeam go. X

Awww, thanks so much Bubble! That means a lot! Having my MiniMins buds helps so much - I don't know if I could do it if you weren't all here!
The Dryathlon is giving me inspiration as well. I've already hit my fundraising target :)
I just hope I can keep going with it - especially during the weeks when I don't lose or have small losses.
I have to be honest, although my belly isn't bugging me quite as much as it was 2 weeks ago, physically and emotionally I'm not feeling much better. Physically even worse at the mo... I seem to be getting more frequent tension headaches. My blood pressure is still high, so I need to keep at it and get more active if I want to stay off meds for it. Yoga starts in two days... hopefully I can OHHHHHHHHM myself into better health that way as well :)

Todays foodage!

B: coffee, apple, grapes, poached egg and leftover bolognaise with added baked beans. Breakfast of champions, or what??
S: 1 light cow cheese
L: mugshot, f/f yogurt with sweet popcorn options (2 syns). Not as popcorny as I worried it might be, was tasty!
S: bite of cottage cheese
D: small lasagna starter, followed by a main course of lasagna, with a side of lasagna. (1/3 of a light babybel melted on top - 2/3 of a syn)
S: strawberry and vanilla sparkle juice, cheese & bacon pops (4 syns) and about to have ryvita and light cow cheese to use up Hexs

Totals:

Exercise - superfast walking on school run!
Water - about 750 ml
HexA & B - 4 x dark rye ryvita, light cow cheese x 4 (plus one from this morning)
Syns: 6 2/3

Meant to make a couple of soups today, but will have to get on that tomorrow... will also do a SW quiche for myself so I've got food to take to work for the rest of the week!

G'day all!! Just popping in as it's too early to leave for the school run and it's too late to start any other jobs around the house! Yay for the internet and yay for Minimins!

I was out the door without breaky this morning, so was starving by the time I made it into the kitchen to do the wee boys lunch! Ended up nibbling on sliced ham, plain pasta, and dumdumDUM!!!! Battenberg. I was going to ignore it as it was only just a wee taste! But then curiosity got the better of me and I ended up cutting another same sized superskinnyslice, and weighing it so I could calc the syns. FOUR SYNS!! for a flipping TASTE of Battenberg! Sorry about the caps, I'm not actually yelling. Just astonished.
It was super yummy, but you can get so much more for four syns elsewhere.
So, that was my lesson of the day.

I'm also feeling a bit sad and sorry for myself, as I used to go to many concerts and gigs in my former life (before husband and kids) and I actually HAVE tickets to see one of my favourite bands in Manchester tonight, but am just not going to be able to get there, no sitter, have to work in the morning, I'd go on my own but don't have my UK license yet, etc etc. So playing lots of Stars and wishing I could go. * sigh*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQT2HVfxJu4

G'day all!! Just popping in as it's too early to leave for the school run and it's too late to start any other jobs around the house! Yay for the internet and yay for Minimins! I was out the door without breaky this morning, so was starving by the time I made it into the kitchen to do the wee boys lunch! Ended up nibbling on sliced ham, plain pasta, and dumdumDUM!!!! Battenberg. I was going to ignore it as it was only just a wee taste! But then curiosity got the better of me and I ended up cutting another same sized superskinnyslice, and weighing it so I could calc the syns. FOUR SYNS!! for a flipping TASTE of Battenberg! Sorry about the caps, I'm not actually yelling. Just astonished. It was super yummy, but you can get so much more for four syns elsewhere. So, that was my lesson of the day. I'm also feeling a bit sad and sorry for myself, as I used to go to many concerts and gigs in my former life (before husband and kids) and I actually HAVE tickets to see one of my favourite bands in Manchester tonight, but am just not going to be able to get there, no sitter, have to work in the morning, I'd go on my own but don't have my UK license yet, etc etc. So playing lots of Stars and wishing I could go. * sigh* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQT2HVfxJu4

Aaw Hun maybe it means a better event is going to be in your future x x

Aaw Hun maybe it means a better event is going to be in your future x x

Aww, I hope so! I really have been feeling like I need to get myself back, if that makes sense, and today just felt like another failed attempt. Booo... :boohoo:

Okay, so enough of my woes. Today was a rubbish day, and I came SO close to pigging out on whatever I could find, but didn't. I got through it. Even when hubby was walking around munching on whatever HE could find! I think I'm okay for syns, not sure about Hexs yet.

B: coffee
S: slice of ham, bit of plain pasta, miniscule (almost transparent!) slice of Battenberg cake (FOUR syns) :grumble:
L: risotto, mullerlight lemon cheesecake (1 syn)
S: bite of SW quiche
D: chili in a mug, 2 x ryvita (HexB), 1 x light cow cheese (1.5 syns), meringue nest (3 syns), strawberry chscake mullerlight (1 syn)
S: options hazelnut hot chocolate (2 syns) made with 250 ml semi skimmed milk (HexA)

Totals:
Exercise: walked all over town - edit: okay, not all over, but did what felt like a lot of walking, just figured out it was about 3.5 miles worth.
Water: about 750 ml
Hex A&B: milk and ryvita
Syns: 12.5

Really needing to let off some steam, feeling stressed to the point of dizziness and tense and I dunno, just dissatisfied with things in general.. Which sucks, because at the same time I know that I have SO so much to be grateful for!! Yoga tomoz will hopefully help.

Last edited:
I think your doing great sweet it's a journey for sure but each day we learn we conquer and we are getting there :)

Hi all! Back at work today, feeling a bit better but still headachey. Would have expected this to happen at beginning of the month when I first stopped my wine/choc/cookie/cake/bread intake, but why now?

B: coffee
S: apple, coffee
L: SW quiche, satsuma, light benefit bar and cuppa tea

Haven't planned supper tonight, eep. Have the makings of cottage pie, will see if I can manage it :)

Have a great afternoon, everyone! x

Good evening folks!

Soooo, I had another coffee this afternoon, but turned down the chocolates when they were passed around! Menu cont.
S: bite of cottage cheese and plain pasta as not enough time for supper before yoga.
D: cottage pie (made syn free by my lovely hubby), broccoli
Looks like I have a HexA and 13 syns to play with... hmmmmmm, what to have, what to have...

Edit!
I went for a bowl of cereal! Hubby and the kids have been eating this oat granola cluster type cereal - which is my favourite kind! So I weighed out half a serving - 21g- (5.5 syns) and had it with my HexA of milk. Yum. Wasn't enough tho, so I then had quark and choc hazelnut options (2 syns) .

Totals;
Exercise, walking, yoga
Water, about 500ml
HexA&B, milk, light benefit bar
Syns, 9.5

Last edited:
Hey you i missed your post last night hun. How similar are we eh? Feel the worlds falling apart around us when really we should be well happy and grateful with our lives. Its just hard to shift the moods sometimes. I completely get you. :cool:
As for your food you are really doing great i predict a great loss this week.
How was yoga in the end? Hope ur ok this evening. X

Hey you i missed your post last night hun. How similar are we eh? Feel the worlds falling apart around us when really we should be well happy and grateful with our lives. Its just hard to shift the moods sometimes. I completely get you. :cool:

Y'know, you totally do! I just wish I could shake it all off when I feel like that... It seems to have been happening far too often lately. I was hoping it would change when I sorted my diet out, but alas, it has not!
However, onwards and forwards!
Yoga was good, I am definitely signing up for a block of classes, and will hopefully do some at home as well. :) I'm wondering now tho, whether or not I should take a break from TKD or not, as I miss my TKD friends and haven't replaced if with anything else that gives me a proper workout!
Just popping on to edit my food diary - still eating! Hahaha...

Morning, your not still eating are you??
I cant sleep so having tea and resisting biscuits. Theyd go down a treat right now. :p
Doesn't tkd release all those frustrations from your body? Why you thinking of stopping?
Obviously you have to do whats right for you mate but think some sort of (breathless) exercise releases seretonin which makes us happy people. So the shrink said me yesterday! "Make time to do physical exercise, the type that makes you breathless" I thought... yeah right amongst all other crap ill fit in exercise. Now as you know at the moment i have, but we also know how it comes to a sudden halt when life gets in the way again.
Anyway im babbling babe, have yourself another good on plan day. See you later. Xxx

Hahaha, no, I stopped eating too go to sleep. Now up and ready to start again!
You're right Bubble about exercising too the point of breathlessness, and I need to do that on doctors orders too. TKD is great but doesn't always guarantee me a good cardio workout; I'd be much better off borrowing your treadmill. :) I think the TKD question comes down to staying in touch with the friends I've made there. The instructors don't seem bothered one way or the other, whether I go or not. I love the fitness, and the patterns, but I hate the actual fighting/sparring part, and can see myself truly getting my ass kicked in the future if I keep going.
Hmm. Will keep pondering that.
Have just weighed in and measured my waist and appear to have lost two inches on my waist and am down another 4 pounds.
! ! !

Seriously? That just seems a bit much to be honest. But again, I will take it!

OK, off to work!

That brilliant well done and have a great day x

B; coffee
S; satsuma, coffee, apple, a chocolate! (Roses Brazilian darkness, 2.5 syns)
L; SW quiche, mullerlight pina colada, tea, satsuma
S; bag of Pops (4 syns), bite of cottage cheese
D; syn free sweet chili sausage and sweet potato soup
S; piece of sea bass while tidying the kitchen, 3 x light Babybels (HexA) cinnamon oat (HexB) cookies with tbsp of raspberry jam (2 syns)

Last edited:
Wow wicked results! Go moonbeam go. Im well proud of you mrs. :D:D

Just edited food... Might have to add more... Obviously a bowl of soup didn't cut it for supper!

Back