Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

Mini eggs are 1.5 syns for 2.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Awesome! Ooh wait, that's still about 7.5 syns to add to yesterday, but still not bad for what felt like a big chocolate binge!

You do sooo well during your day. Feeding the lo and snacking on veg? Thats great.
How long b4 the 'big do'? Lets see if you can do this. Ill help you all i can. Do you want to join the salad and 2ltr water challenge that ive joined? Im feeling positive about it. (Wish i could say the same about other things)
When i want to snack i will grab water instead. C what happens. Im still doing sexpress as i like the 4hexs.
Have a good day mate.x

How does the salad challenge work? Saw a few people chatting about it...

Basically it means at least one of your meals a day have to be a main salad, you can add whatever free food you want to it also having 2 ltrs of water a day.
For example im doing a chilli and pepper cous cous in my salad today. I am making it as colourful as possible. Cos im doing sexpress i will do only 1/3 of my salad as coucous, but thats only my doing not part of the salad challenge.
I like the SE plan better than the EE i feel fuller and get the 4hexs a day. You should mix it it up a little and find a plan to suit you.
If you do detox see littlemiss, i personally cant do them always feel ill and just binge as soon as im off it.
Come on moonbeam lets start feeling good, we can do it. Not sure who im trying to convince but hey....Help me please?

:)
Your post this morning gave me a real boost, Bubble, thanks!
The 'do ' is April 19th, so I guess realistically, I should be able to lose something by then. Maybe only five pounds, but that would be better than nothing!
I will have a look at your diary too, LMN, to see what this detox involves. I get really queasy and dizzy when I don't eat, so hopefully it's not that limiting. I don't think I've ever tried a proper detox before tho.

The detox is quite limiting but you can eat as much salad, veggis and fruit as you want. I really struggle not having tea so I have cheated this time and said I can have 2 cups a day.
I hope you're having a good day.xx

Yes, not bad thanks!! I can't believe it's nearly 11pm already, yeesh!!

So, um, yes. Detox. So, really, am I not really supposed to have coffee? At all?
I do understand that it's a DETOX thing, and ridding the body of too much caffeine is probably a good idea, but, um. I just don't know... I don't drink as much coffee as I used to, but I would worry about a caffeine withdrawal headache happening. Are you allowed to take paracetamol and/or ibuprofen during the detox? I really want to do it, to have a good cleanse and a fresh start, but want to be prepared.

Anyhoo... todays deets:

Breakfast: coffee milk sugar 2 syns, sw quiche
Snack: banana,water, etc... sparkle juice, black coffee
Lunch: more SW quiche, carrot sticks, cold baby potato, f/f dip
Nibbles: light cow, black coffee, freddo (5 syns)
Supper: Pasta, carrots, broc, cauli with a smidge of the cheese sauce i made for the kiddoes (about 2 syns, plus part of hex a as had grated cheddar in it?)
Snack: 4 x aldi ryvita, quark, pepper, smoked salmon, squeeze lemon juice MMM!, large red (8syns)

Totals (which, I DO realise I've been neglecting, soz everyone!)

Hex A: milk in coffee, cow cheese
Hex B: aldi ryvita crispbread
Syns : 15 - oooooh that was close!! could so easliy have gone over, glad i totalled when i did!
Fruit/Veg: 7/10 - pretty not bad! for me!
Steps:10380, as i head up to bedfordshire... also pretty not bad!
Why do i still feel like a loss this week is a ridiculously impossible dream???

Morning!
Love the piccie. :p
A loss is not an impossible dream, your going to smash it over the next few weeks!:D
Have another great day. X

Im trying success express this week for a day or two to counteract the naughtiness of the weekend. Plus the extra fruit and veg can only be good for you! I kind of look at it like a detox but you can still have syns....

Bubble i will have to pop over to your diary for ideas if you are on SE. Not sure if i am doing it right lol.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good morning hun,
You are not suppose to have coffee but as you will see from my diary I have had to have tea this time because like you I get mega bad headaches. On my last detox I had paracetamol because I was coming down with synicitus. This time I have limited myself to 2 cuppas a day. Yesterday I only had one but my day went wrong late afternoon so I had to give up. So far today I've had 1 tea and 1 hot lemon and a banana and I'm feeling great :) xx

Sorry for late post today, peoples!! Busy day and evening, and another two busy days and evenings ahead... LMN, I've had sinusitus (sps?) before and it was totally brutal. Extreme pain, would do my best to avoid that if I can at all costs! If/when I detox, I may allow myself some tea then - not as much caffeine as coffee, is it? And good for you in moderation.

Was going to post my diary, etc, but am truly beat and just want to go to bed... was not too bad today, not enough fruit, not enough water, and had a slip up of some sort this morning, that I will have to remember and confess. But have also done 13 288 steps today, just running around trying to get everything done (one guess as to whether or not I accomplished that, ha!)
But now, laundry done and put away, kids old toys sorted, hubbys done lunches for tomoz, everyone is happy and settled and I'm ready to crash, g'night all! x

Morning mate
Hope you had a good sleep. Have yourself a good day today.
You are doing lots of chores, is that to keep busy or is it for body magic?;)
Either way dont wear yourself out! :)
You're doing great so keep going. Cheerleader is here. Xxd

Hello ladies!
Weighed in today and I was down one pound... well it's going in the right direction anyway! I haven't been as good as I should be, so I was happy with that. Happier for my friend that had dropped four pounds in a week tho!

Yesterday, I was okay, I was fine during the day, except for a few Refresher sweets in the morning (found them in the kids sweets jar, left over from Halloween) about to chuck'em and then thought, aw, what a waste! And ate half the roll!! .. So 3 syns?
Okay, so was okay, until... bem bem BEM!! right before bedtime... started with syn free cottage cheese and pastrami snack... ended up having two nature valley peanut granola bars and two bakewell tarts. Horrible. :(

So woke up feeling fat and guilty, but was chuffed when I found out I lost a pound, and have felt more motivated ever since!

Today I had;

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar 2 syns
Snacks; banana, orange, black coffee
Lunch; ham salad, boiled egg, curried rice
Snack; coffee, Alpen light bar
Supper ; leftover SW curry, rice, carrot sticks,
Snacks; sparkle juice, Ryvita with smoked salmon, quark, lemon juice. Ryvita with a light blue cow cheese
Bag of walkers pops 4 syns, red wine 8 syns.

Totals.
HexA, milk, cow cheese
HexB, Ryvita
Syns, 14
Fruit/veg 5/10
Steps: 8068, even after TKD class! Booo, but at least I got out and did something! Tired again, bed soon! x

Ooh, wanted to mention I watched Secret Eaters last night - I know it's all overdone for telly, but it made me feel like, Hmmm, maybe I'm not all that bad!

Yay to your lb off! That was with a dodgy week so imagine what you can do if your super good! :p
I have every faith in you for your 'do' next month. Reckon you can surprise yourself too. ;)
Yep secret eaters makes us feel quite sane!
How are you enjoying the tkd?

Thanks ladies!
Am having a surprise afternoon off work after the babydude spiked a temperature at nursery. Poor thing, he's okay and fast asleep now tho.

Hmmm, need to draw a fresh line today after losing it again last night :(
Warning: eating an entire box of Alpen light bars *may* cause an upset tummy. :eek: I don't know why I can't stop myself once I've started! :confused:
I think I will give this detox a go after the weekend, and hope it acts as a bit of a reset button. If it doesn't, I'm seriously wondering if I should consider counseling of some sort!

Right.

Today so far;

Breakfast and snacks
Coffee milk sugar 2 syns. Satsuma, black coffee, pear, 1 litre of water (am going to start keeping track of water as well! )

Lunch and snacks
Pastrami, mash, beans. Sparkle juice. Cottage cheese.
(Won't be able to have that kind of lunch on my detox, hahaha! )

Okay, water and veggies for tea then! :eek:

Didn't have water and veggies after all... but definitely hit and surpassed my 2 litres water goal today.
Did scrambled eggs and toast for the family for tea... thought hubby and my girl would want a takeaway, but no, they were happy with a breakfast-style supper, and the babydude had some as well... so I ended up having poached egg and beans for supper.

Since then have had a large red wine, and a handful of crisps my husband brought me while I was on the phone! Will look them to and then total...

Back