Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

Morning!
I did go weigh myself at Boots the other day, and was down a pound from my last weigh in there, but it also measured me taller than it did last time, so again, not sure of the accuracy.
However, a pound is a pound, and I haven't exactly been an angel since the detox, so I'll take it, thanks!

Yesterday was okay during the day, failed in the evening tho. :(

Morning; coffee, milk, sugar, 2 syns
Water
Noon-ish ; poached egg, beef ravioli, fruit salad, meringue nest 3 syns, Mullerlight
Water
Coffee, milk
SW quiche,
Supper ; SW chips with salt and vinegar, mushy peas with mint sauce (syns? ), carrots, bite of cottage cheese
Quark with coconut/choc options for pud
Water
Wine, too much
2 bags of pops, handful of hubby's Doritos, 2 freddos

Going to detox today and have healthy supper tonight...

Yipes! Kept busy yesterday so wasn't posting much in here!

Well, that detox lasted until about 930am when my hubby got up and offered me a cup of coffee! I couldn't have done it yesterday, I was far too hungry.
I did stick to plan though. Lemme see if I can remember yesterday's food...

Breakfast; water, hot lemon water, tea, fruit salad. Coffee, SW quiche.
Lunch; wholemeal toast, 1/2 can Sainsburys beef ravioli
Nibbles; satsuma, babybel light, raw veggies while prepping supper.
Supper; gammon, mashed potato, steamed carrots and broccoli, roasted parsnips, fried onions

Oh yeah, sorry, I just quickly posted what I had written as had to attend to a wee boy who had just injured his finger.
So, yes, fried onions. I had some with my potato - I started them in just Frylight, and then ended up adding Flora while cooking them. Wasn't going to have any, but the mash needed something with it, so not sure how to syn it. I only had a little splodge of 'em, so 1 syn.

But then last night, I had two bags of Pop chips again. Flip!

Totals:

Hex A: milk and babybel
HexB: slice toast
Syns:12
Water; didn't keep track
Fruit/veg: 7/10C

Today have had;
Brekkie - Coffee milk sugar, water, honeydew, pineapple, strawberries, few bites of toast the dude refused to touch.
Lunch -poached egg, beans, leftover mash, little piece of gammon,
Nibbles - this is where things went wrong today!! Decided to make cupcakes with my girl, had some of the batter and one cupcake without icing, then bits and pieces of the cupcake and sandwich my boy refused to eat.
Supper - Leftovers - gammon, potato, carrots, broccoli
Nibbles: mullerlight toffee, more cake :(, light cow and crispbread.

Not bothering to total today. Blah. Meh.
Saw the doc today. Gettting my implant removed soon, hopefully. Honestly hope I can get back to where I was before I had it put in, cuz I don't like where I am.

That's all folks! G'night!
x

Hows you mate? Any ideas when the implants coming out?
Hope your enjoying easter hols so far, must admit its a miracle i havent pulled my hair out this time yet. Normally by day 3 im ready to murder someone!!
Foodwise im back on the wagon, feeling ok but its only day 2 theres loadsa time to go wrong by mondays WI.
You going to weigh on thurs?
Anyway hope ur ok hun. Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hows you mate? Any ideas when the implants coming out?
Hope your enjoying easter hols so far, must admit its a miracle i havent pulled my hair out this time yet. Normally by day 3 im ready to murder someone!!

Hi hon! Not too bad, thanks! How are you doing?? I read about the family bike ride, was well jel, my bike purchase fe0ll they last weekend. :( know what you mean about Easter hols... last week at this time, I was panicking about how I was going to cope, but I've honestly had a great week so far... I love my kids!!
Not sure when my implant is coming out, waiting to hear from the doctor. Hopefully not until after the 19th, cuz that's when the family-do is taking place, and I don't want to be all bruised - it's a posh do, and I'm planning on wearing a sleeveless dress. (When I had the implant put in, the doc put it in too close to the skins surface, so she had to pull it out and jam it back in deeper. My arm was swollen and bruised for more than SIX weeks!)
Foodwise, I've lost focus, but am still sort of on plan, just really really need to stop nibbling! I'm at work for the next couple of days, so will be better with my food during the day.
Thanks for popping in!
:)

Yesterday's foodage, etc.

Coffee milk sugar x 2
Water
Nibble of kids toast and fruit
Lemon water
Jacket potato and 5 bean chili at w'spoons
SW quiche
Chicken breast topped with garlicky tomato and babybel light, fusilli
White wine spritzer
Crispbread and cottage cheese

11907 steps
Not enough water or superfrees

Will have to total later, need to look up the chili.
Enjoying my time with the kiddoes, tho!

Hi hun, so pleased your having fun with the kiddiewinkles! Mine are being sooo good its quite unbelievable!
Do you think its cos we're more relaxed and in a good frame of mind? Im not sure but long may it live...

Anyway foodwise you aint doing too bad are you? Well done. Are you WI anywhere today? In a way im proud of you for not worrying about the scales it does dictate our moods. Maybe i should throw them out! ;)

Have a good day, dont work too hard. Keep happy. Big hugs. X

Aw, thanks Bubble!
I did weigh in today, and have stayed the same. Still not feeling 100% but am enjoying time with kids like I was saying. Enjoyed TKD tonight, do am going to guy ahead and order the uniform to make it more official!

Have been pretty good with food today, 4 syns during the day, then a nibble of some chocolate biscuit stuff my daughter made today... guess about 4 syns?
Will see how we go for the rest of the evening and total tomoz... good night all!
x

Glad your enjoying tkd. Get the uniform you'll feel the part then. ;)
A sts is great. :) well done. X

Hi mate hows it going? Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Mines quiet today but will be manic tomorrow.
Trying to be good;)

Hi mate hows it going? Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Mines quiet today but will be manic tomorrow.
Trying to be good;)

Hiya hon! All is okay over here, thanks! Haven't been on here all day or much of yesterday either, so need to get caught up! Will pop over to yours shortly (food diary, that is) to see how everything is going.

So, it doesn't look like I will be down five pounds by the 19th! Never say never, but it IS a bit difficult trying to totally stay on plan while home with the kids.

That said, today was fine, we were out in the garden most of the day, so not distracted by food. If anything, completely turned off food, having to deal with slugs and snails and creepy crawly little orange centipede or whatever they were *shudder*
It looks loads better tho, wish I had taken a 'before' pic!

Hmmm, food.

Water, coffee milk sugar, strawberries, cottage cheese.
Fig roll.
Bite of toast and marg
Poached egg, beans, mash.
Coffee milk sugar
More cottage cheese.
Celery and light cow cheese
Water
Turkey and butter bean chili (loaded with veg!) with jacket potato and fromage frais
More celery and light cow
In the middle of a medium-ish (large) red wine.

HexA-milk, cow cheese
HexB- um, bite of toast? Nah. None.
Syns; 14 ...not including the wee nibble of marg (on the toast )
Water; 1.5 litres
Fruit veg; 6/10
Steps? 9739

Why does my diary always always have way more food listed than anyone else?

Is that really all you guys eat? Is it just because I'm so nibbly?

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend! x

I eat loads too trust me, think its the way you list it. :p
Glad your having a good time with kiddies.
Oooh garden crawlies i hate them...
5lb to lose hey? You could go very low calorie just to get there but will that be worth it?
Tortoise and hare springs to mind again today, im deffinately a tortoise. Join me we'll win one day! X

Haven't been posting my food lately, but still trying to keep track of my syns, etc. Will have to make more of an effort to post when school goes back next week.
Have had a few complete no-nos lately, like the massive BBQ bacon cheeseburger and pud when out for our anniversary the other night! I can feel that I've gained, I think. Will have to work extra hard at TKD tonight!

So far today have had;

Coffee milk (HexA) sugar 2 syns.
Apple, black coffee, water, banana
A smidge of something called 'naughty pudding'that my supervisor brought into work as an easter treat - 3 syns
SW quiche for lunch with a salad, lemon Mullerlight.

:)

*edit*

Nibbled in the afternoon, on Alpen bar (HexB), black coffee, water, sparkle juice, then at home while prepping supper nibbled SW quiche, light cow, 2 ginger nuts (4 syns) with cottage cheese.
Supper was baby potatoes, corn on the club, steamed broccoli and butternut squash and baked beans.

So that was all fine and dandy and somewhat controlled, and then we got the kids Easter chocolate out. (like the chocolate they've been given so far, by friends, neighbours, etc) I was still fine, and controlled (3 syns) but then nibbled again after TKD class, and again after I finished doing the kitchen, and eventually I ended up raiding the stash I've hidden in the wardrobe.

Now, I just checked and the wardrobe raid actually only cost me 6 syns (I scoffed two Dairyfine Beanie Eggs from aldi) but in between, I totally lost count.

Once again, evening nibbling is my downfall :( -and sadly it's not just an Easter holiday thing. Whether it's chocolate, or buttered toast or wine and cheese. I can stop myself during the day, why not at night?

Need to draw another line. Plan plan plan. More water, more exercise. Get out of the kitchen and up to bed EARLY to avoid the munchies.

Totals
HexA, milk, light cow, light babybel
HexB, Ryvita, alpen bar
Syns, 18+ lord knows
Fruit/veg, 8/10
Water, about 1.5 litres
Steps, 11280

Last edited:
'Eater' holidays are hard aren't they? Hsppy anniversary and hope your ok.
Enjoy the little time left b4 school goes back. Xx

Haha! Yeah, no kidding, Bubble! Really hope I can pull it back. We've got that big family do tomoz, and then Easter Sunday meal, so will try to be good around those,but from Monday on, I've got to get back on it properly before I slide off completely.

I can sympathise, it is so hard with all that temptation around and especially when everything is a bit out of routine with the kids.

I have been off choc for lent and I know on Sunday (which will be off plan big style lol) that I will end up looking a bit like Sister Assumpta in that episode of Father Ted by the end of it all :p So I am just trying to be as good as I can in the meantime...
Enjoy your night tomorrow!

The 'do' has come round quick hope you a great time. Enjoy yourself and relax, everything else will fall into place after easter... xxx

Well, the Big Family Do has been done. It was a fab day, weather turned out lovely, the whole family was there, and then some (and I love my husbands family, they're so great), the kids were well behaved.... Yay!
I was not too terribly bad, foodwise either... but I did have a Pimms early on and a Rocky Road style cheesecake thing for pudding - probably about 45 syns right there!!

But that's it... I think there may be a bit of chocolate tomorrow, but I'm going to start being really strict with myself. Again. :/
I've been thinking... balance has to be the key. I've been slightly off plan because I've been enjoying the Easter hols with my kids... but I also felt like I had been focusing way too much of my time and energy on FOOD, and just, like, worrying and counting and overthinking everything.
But now I'm starting to feel like I'm going the other way. So I need to get back on it, and plan things out properly, so I'm not just scoffing down poached eggs and mugshots all the time.

Need to do the kids Easter baskets tonight, but I think I will also sit down and just jot down some meal ideas (will snoop thru some Minimins diaries for inspiration!) and then slot them into the week ahead... and will try to have better options at the ready in case of another munchies attack.

Really really want to do this!!

Glad you had a fab day. :)
You also sound like your ready to get back on plan, youre right hun we mustnt focus so much on breathing, eating, sleeping FOOD. Theres far more to life and we should look for the right balance.
Think planning for the week is key, i dont always stick to my plan but it helps. If you want to do this im sure you can.
Have a lovely easter its kids day tomoro. Cant wait to see mines delighted faces. X

Back