Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

Happy Easter, everyone!
After all that 'planning to start planning' last night, I didn't plan anything! I had forgotten to dye and hide eggs for our egg hunt this morning so had to do that... will get to it at some point, I'm sure!

Things haven't gone as planned this morning, everything a bit higgledy-piggledy but am still going to keep track of my food so here goes;

Coffee milk sugar x2, (4 syns), water
Hard boiled egg x 2
Warm baking powder biscuit x 2, one with jam (0.5 syn), one with light cow (HexA)
Need some fruit!

*edit*

Banana
Water, 1 litre so far
Chicken and veg soup, toast with marg (2 syns), some Easter chocolate!

*edit again! *

Right. Was good this afternoon, nibbled on raw veggies while I prepped dinner.
Carrots
Broccoli
Hit 2 litres of water
1 light cow cheese

Supper was nice, but I caved and had gravy and it all went to pot after that.

Roast beef, steamed carrots and broc, mashed swede, garlic and rosemary roasted sweet potato and potato chunks all syn free and very yummy - but then, dun dun dun! Gravy happened. Guessing about 6 syns worth.
And then dessert happened too. Ooh and a glass of champagne.

Totals;
HexA,cow cheese, milk
HexB, toast (wholemeal)
Syns; loads.
Steps, n/a
Water; 2 litres
Fruit veg 10/10

Seriously back on it tomorrow. Have my menu planned out, shopping list ready, aware that I will be spending more time in the kitchen, but ready for it. Have browsed Petes recipe thread and picked out a couple new recipes to try. Yay!

Last edited:
Well done you -your really raring to go... i will deffo be on it from tues although will try tomorrow but might not be so great. I hope we can do this i really want it too.
Gnight hun. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for popping in ladies! So far so good, today. I think giving myself a head start by getting back on while hubby and the kids are still home will help a bit... If I can be good this evening, it will set the tone for tomorrow morning.
Lazy morning so far, so better get my to-do list out! :)

Good on you hun.
Im still in bed. Last day off b4 the manic routines start again. Been nice having him get up with the troops. :)
Have a great day. X

Today so far;

Coffee milk sugar, 2 syns.
Orange, banana, Mullerlight lemon
Poached egg, mash, beans, apple.

Had hot lemon water before my coffee this morning to kick things off, and 1 litre of water so far.

Nibbles; just had a piece of cooked tikka chicken breast.

That's it!

*edit*

12 minutes later... Just gobbled half a tub of cottage cheese!

Last edited:
Ahhh... relaxing in bed with a cuppa tea. Out of Sleepytime tea, so had to settle for Snore & Peace, still nice tho.

Continued to pick and nibble, but not as much as usual. Here's how the rest of today panned out:

Nibbled; raw carrot, more cottage cheese, slice of pastrami

Supper; SW Curry with Tikka Chicken, Boiled Rice, steamed carrots and broccoli, and prob about 3 mini pappadums. Eeek! Couldn't help it. They're synned at 6 syns for 1/3 of the whole package, so I'm guessing 2 syns, which isn't bad really! Then another Mullerlight for dessert.

I started to feel nibbly again, even though I was still full from supper (!!! WTF?) but just drank more water, and it passed. I did eventually snack on my saved Healthy Extras though, so had a bunch of celery with 3 Dairylea light triangles and then a small bag of Ryvita minis.

Then water and tea!

Totals:
HexA - milk, Dairylea
HexB - Ryvita minis
Syns - 4
Steps - about 8900 when I last checked - expected more as I did two shopping trips by foot today!
Water - 1.5 litres
Fruit/veg - 8/10

Still room for improvement, but that's more like it!! My tummy is rumbling now, but I'm staying put. Just need to STAY OUT of the kitchen for the rest of the night.

:fingerscrossed:

Well done mate. Im onboard 100% today. Love the avatar. We CAN do this!:D

Yes we can! I did manage it last night. Struggled a bit to get to sleep - I'm not used to going to bed before I feel really tired, so I laid awake thinking (too much!)
for a while.
Looking forward to my butternut risotto for supper tonight, yum!

Hello Lovelies! Finished my half day at work, childminder run, lunch, babydude down for a sleep, kettle on for a cuppa.

Breakfast: coffee milk sugar 2syns, water, then throughout morning banana, apple, mullerlight, black coffee more water.
Lunch: very large serving of SW quiche (was starving!) generously drizzled with sriracha (1/2 syn/tbsp - didn't have quite that much tho!! Probably about 1/4 syns worth)

Hope everyones having a good day!

*Edit 5 pm*

Had a hardboiled egg before the school run.

Haven't had a chance to do my own supper yet and I have just nibbled a few slices of leftover roast beef and about a tablespoon of buttery mashed potato with gravy (claiming 1 syn) that my boy wouldn't eat. :( Nibble monster strikes again!

*edit 8 pm*

Finally just about to make my risotto!

Have had a chicken mugshot, water, and just now chefs salad with another hb egg, and wafer thin ham torn into strips, ff vinaigrette.

Really want something sweet and munchy, like cookies!!
Having an orange instead. :p

Last edited:
All on plan still no worries!:)

Had two oranges... easy peelers from Sainsburys, SO sweet!

And some risotto when it was finally done! Ready for my bedtime snack - thinking it will be the same as last nights, which is fine, as it was tres tres yummie.

TOTALS :)
I've totalled and figured out how much room I have left, discussed my plans with hubby (he knows not to go up to bed without me, lest the binge monster attack! Am planning on going up to read before he does tho) and will have 4 dark rye ryvitas, 3 dairylea lights, and a glass of red wine - then go to bed. Finis.

HexA- splash of milk, dairylea
HexB - ryvita
Syns - 11.5
Water - less than 1.5 litres today :(
Fruit/veg - 7/10
Steps - 14328

Yay!

Fiddle and flip! I am such a space cadet... Totally forgot we are taking my father-in-law out for dinner tonight! I had tonight's meal all planned out and was about to start prepping and then suddenly thought... 'Wait a second... what am I doing? '
Okay... Need to brush up on eating out synnage. We're going to a nice Indian place in town. I always used to get the same thing, until I realized how calorific it must have been.
What's the safest dish? Dansak?

So far today;
Water, coffee milk sugar 2 syns
Orange
Nibble of cold risotto
SW pancakes (HexB) with raspberries
1/2 slice of wholemeal toast with marg (2 syns? ) spoonful of SW curry while trying to feed my boy his lunch!

Dont know what indian dish is lowest,but just enjoy the actual meal and keep on track with all else and you'll be fine. Your really sounding upbeat, its nice to read. Xxxx

Thanks Bubble... I'm just tired of feeling so down and flabby. I think I'm still battling my way out of the doldrums, but doing my best to stay positive! That said, have been feeling troubled lately by how much some people really suck. :grumble:

However, have had a great evening out with my hubby and his dad, who is EIGHTY years old today!! Hurrah, Pop! He's awesome, I love him to bits. Can't believe he's that old, doesn't look or seem it. Still plays football in the garden with his grandkids, and gives a mean tickle fight when prompted by them as well!
Had the chicken dansak which was nice, but so hot, I had to have raita with it - so not sure how many syns to guesstimate for it all. Plus, have had 2 glasses of wine and a starter as well, something called Papadi Chatt, which I hadn't had before but was really yummy! Defo not syn free tho :(

Not sure I should bother totalling today as I've had unspecified syns?

HexA- nada
HexB - oats in pancakes
Syns - many many
Water - 1.5 litres
Fruit Veg - prob only about 4/10
Steps - 15923 - school runs, shopping, etc.

Soon to bed, g'night all!

Morning hun. Meal sounds yum. Today is another day.

Oh and dont worry about people who suck its not worth it. Theres too many of them. Keep to your own lovely people that make you smile. :)

Too true, Bubble!

Weighed in this morning, and I'm up a pound. Booooooo!

I'm not really surprised tho... I've been good this week, but I know I can't expect three days of good behavior to make up for weeks of onandoff bad.
Will keep at it, TKD and another early night tonight!
Works get-together after work tomorrow,eep! I want to go, but maybe only for one drink, then home for supper and rest of evening. Hmmm... :sly:

Food today so far,
Coffee milk sugar, orange, water, black coffee,
Risotto, salad, Mullerlight
:)

Hey 1lb after last nights indian that is still in your system holding all that water! Thats fantastic!
It really means you've lost so keep it like you are this week and you will have a smashing loss next week! You're doing really well this week, in more ways than one. sounding really upbeat, kicking ass girl.:D Im proud of you. x

Thanks ladies! Hit a bit of a speedbump tonight, feeling homesick, sorry for myself, blah blah blah. But um... yeah! Have still actually stuck to plan!
Funny how I had to think there... for a sec I thought I HAD gone off, but no I haven't. I had a really good cry which sort of threw my 'relaxing evening' plan for a loop, but am okay now. Just tired I think. Not as many early nights as I had planned.
But isn't that a bit strange how I got the post-therapeutic-cry feeling and the post-binge feeling confused. Hmmm... wonder if I'm onto something there!!

I have had loads to eat today - have been really hungry. Ate an apple on the way home from work, then nibbled on cottage cheese and a hardboiled egg. Then sat with my lil fam and had some syn-free roasted veggie soup and a wee bite of sw quiche. The rest of 'em had some nice Tiger Bread with their soup, but i didn't touch it. Hooray for small victories!
Then after tae-kwon do I was hungry again so had some leftover SW curry and rice. Med glass of red wine going down nicely at the mo. Oh wait, hubby just gone up to bed, so I better get my butt in gear and not be left downstairs on my own! May post more as will be checking into everyones food diaries, etc from my phone!

Totals:
HexA - milk and Dairylea Light
HexB - ryvita minis
Syns - 8
Water - 1.5 litres
Steps - 8255, but had a killer workout during TKD training!
Fruit Veg - 6/10

Still room for improvement, but at least I'm still within my allowances, phew! Cuppa tea and up to bed.
G'night all!
x

Last edited:
Back