Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

Nibble monster strikes again!! How would I syn these? a) licking a splodge of lemon curd off my finger, b) wiping the peanut butter and marg off a knife and licking it? c) two forkfuls of Bami Goreng?

I swear, these weren't intentional, they were the three big 'Doh!' moments I've had so far today.

How's everyone else doing so far this week?

Ugh, what a day. Started out okay, but hubby came home from work and nearly collapsed with a migraine. Then, my poor wee dude started screaming in pain mid nap and ended up puking all over the kitchen floor - and many other places since then (we've been catching it with a bowl tho of course). Spent the afternoon in the car going from doctor (no one available but booked us in to another clinic) to scenic drive as that seemed to settle the wee dude - then to another docs office, told us they had no doctors available to see him there either. (This is all after a nurse with 111 told us he needed to be seen and assessed by a GP within two hours!)
So, sorry if that's TMI but it's my excuse for rubbish food today. (Little dude is okay now, btw, just still pukey)

B: banana, coffee
S: two forkfuls of bami goreng, a lick of lemon curd and a lick or marg and peanut butter
L: SW curry and rice
S: syn free sausage
D: spoonful of beans, spoonful of cottage cheese, 2 spoonfuls of Angel Delight straight out of the fridge

I planned on having supper after the kids were in bed, but the little dude has only just been re-settled now, and I've just had a huge cry so I'm exhausted and not hungry at all. Going to bed.

Totals:
Exercise walking around town and shops this morning
Water: not enough again (forgot)
HexA&B: none
Syns: not sure, but I'm pretty sure I'm under 15.

Fingers crossed for a better tomorrow.

Oh babes what a day! Id be exactly the same with the plan on a day like that!
Hope u felt a little better after your cry it does help sometimes.
Hope hubs ans little dude are feeling better soon. I must admit whatever this bug is this year its just not shifting from households its mega disruptive!
Hope u get a kip and things better in the a.m. xxx

Thanks hon, yep loads of people seem to be complaining about the bug; we had it before Christmas, so thought we had got at with it.
Tra la la... New day, looks like I will be dedicating this one to the little dude again, but will hopefully get stuff caught up during naptime!

Just got back from Tesco... excited to try Peanut Hottie... but hadn't even heard of this Sweet Popcorn Options until now... yay!

Attachments

• 1420646944998.jpg
    1420646944998.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 34
Heehee i just bought the popcorn options cant wait to try.

Good evening, peeps, hope everyone is keeping well. Today was a bit of a recuperation day for both me and the wee dude. He seemed fine by about 11am, but I think I'm still recovering! Have eaten and drank more today tho, so feel better than I did yesterday.

B: coffee, poached egg, spag hoops, 1/2 apple, pear
S: none, glass of water with a splash of sparkle juice for flava flava!
L: tuna mixed with 1 tbsp of x light mayo (1/2 syn) and chopped sweet pickle, on 2 x crackerbreads (HexB), 3 light cow cheeses (HexA), celery sticks.
S: lady grey tea and 5 x bitsa wispa (5 syns) (this was a luuuuuuurvley lil tea break BTW)
D: chicken spaghetti and spinach and yellow pepper salad, quark with 3 tsp Peanut Hottie (3 syns)
S: 4 x crackerbreads with 2 x cow cheese and bovril, snore and peace tea

* ding! * Total Time!

Exercise - school run, housework
Water - prob about 1 litre
Hex A&B - crackerbreads and light cow cheese
Syns - 8 1/2

According to my Diet Doodle Book, I must weigh-in tomoz!! Eeeep!
:cross:

Weighed in this morning to a 5lb loss!! WHOO HOO!
It was just my home scales so my sure about accuracy... And TOTM starting may have affected initial weigh in as well, but hey, I'll take it!

So far today,
B- banana, coffee
S-nothing
L- mugshot, spinach and cottage cheese salad, satsuma.
Well chuffed, I am!

Here to subscribe, love your diary :) sorry your little one is poorly, how is he today? Hope today is better x

Yay yay yay! Whoop whoop! Im so proud of u moonbeam! Dont it feel great? Now u have to keep it up and have those feel good benefits about all the time.
Well chuffed indeed. :D

Yayy that's awesome well done x

Hi all! Tried to post earlier but timed out. Just posting pics of food, and will then get onto my laptop so I don't risk losing it all again!
Butternut squash and bacon risotto for supper, Yummo. And my bedtime treat, white hot choc with a candy cane and a light benefit bar. This is the kind of treat I should have been having around Christmas time, instead of all the heavy cookies and chocolates! :eek:P

Attachments

• 1420757796044.jpg
    1420757796044.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 1420757813477.jpg
    1420757813477.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 34
Hello hello!! Better late than never, i say!
I tried to post earlier but was on my tablet and after I finished writing and editing and re-reading and stuff, I tapped the arrow to post and it gave me some sort of error you-don't-have-permission-to-do-that message and my post was gone, and so I was all like, whatEVER, and stomped out of the room.
But that was then and this is now, I'm getting a bit overtired and delirious so bear with me.

Yay, thank you Bubble and Bee! I'm still chuffed to bits, and yes, you're right, it feels great I feel totally motivated to keep going with it now too. I'd be more than happy to feel this happy after every weigh in, but I know five is a lot to lose in one week, and it's probably all down to Christmas excess and TOTM. If I can stick with it and lose 1 or two pounds a week I will be happy with that.

Welcome SkinnyCow, great to have you here! Thanks for asking about the wee dude, he's right back to normal now, strutted into the house after nursery, doing his wobbly little happy dance, gawd, I love that little guy!

Not a very active day, I'm afraid as I was back at work. LOADS of catching up to do as first day in the office since before Christmas. Anyhoo, remainder of food diary and totals. After lunch I had a cup of tea, and then...

S: another satsuma, then later a light Benefit bar (HexB) and peach sparkle juice, then later a cup of coffee. While prepping supper, I nibbled away at two small syn free sausages. Okay, maybe they were more like medium.
D: Bacon and butternut squash risotto, spinach and pepper salad with a bloop of Hellmans vinaigrette (1/4 syn), apple pie mullerlight (1 syn)
S: strawberry and vanilla sparkle juice, then later, white hot chocolate (2 syns, HexA milk) and a candy cane (3 syns) and another light benefit bar (HexB)

Now, bedtime tea, and a few hours kip before we get to get up and do it all again, wheeeeeeeee!

Totals:
Exercise - walked home from work. (I don't actually think that should count but today, that's all Ive got.)
Water - better, at least a litre today.
HexA - semi skimmed milk 250ml, HexB 2x Benefit Light bars
Syns - 6 1/4

Quick zip around the diaries, then to bed!

This is great Hun your doing really well x x

Thanks hon! You too!

I seem to have misplaced my new Diet Doodle Diary and am feeling a bit lost without it. :( Wrote down my food while at work today tho so all is not lost...

B: coffee, Muller light apple pie 1 syn, satsuma
S: coffee, apple
L: leftover chicken spaghetti, cup of tea
S: satsuma. Few slices smoked ham, yellow pepper while prepping tea
D: sw chips, cottage cheese, gravy 2 syns, this was my attempt at Slimming World poutine, and I hafta say, it wasn't too bad! Only bad thing was, I didn't have time to prep any veg for myself so no superfree with dinner tonight, boooo hiss.

I was wanting to pack ALL the Christmas stuff away, and reorganise one of the cupboards, AND clear the section of kitchen counter where everybody dumps their stuff and the unfiled post piles up... but I only had four hours sleep last night and I'm starting to really zone out.

I still have my healthy extras and a few syns to use up tho, so maybe I will try to blitz it, and then reward myself afterwards...

Oh. My. Gosh. SO tired, haven't a clue why I'm still up other than I'm just steeping my cuppa Snore and Peace tea before heading up to bedski.

Got all the Christmas stuff done (I know, I know, I totally missed the whole twelfth night thing...) but "The Pile" will have to wait until tomorrow. Had dark rye Ryvita broken up, topped with syn free salsa and then melted light Babybels on top for a snack earlier, along with some sparkling strawberry & vanilla (mmmm, tastes like cream soda to me) and then just now I had a bag of cheese and bacon Pops (5 syns)

Totals:
exercise - walked home
water - 1/2 litre
HexA & B - 4 x ryvita, 3 x light babybel
Syns - 8

Right. Need to eat fruit and veg and get some exercise and fresh air tomorrow!!

Tonight's dessert, meringue nest topped with pina colada mullerlight and two satsumas

Attachments

• 1420925189617.jpg
    1420925189617.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 30
Had to do that last post from my phone... but now on my compewd. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. I was treated to a lie in today, sort of a regular Saturday thing these days - hubby gets a Sunday lie-in - so was a slow start this morning, but ended up getting a few things done today. Not as much as I'd like... it never is!
Was too tempted this afternoon when my wee girl got her chocolate lolly maker out and opened a package of white chocolate buttons - I had 8, but I have no idea how to work out the syns. Can I guesstimate 4 syns? Like 1/2 syn each? I seriously could just not not have any.

Was sooo disappointed in dinner as I was looking forward to these lovely peppercorn beef medallions I had picked up. I was going to grill them but the package suggested pan frying... so I did, and they turned out raw in the middle! Not just red and rare... RAW, like it looked like raw tuna, reminded me of sushi. And I love sushi, but was you know... sort of expecting a nice juicy steak type thing. I'm not usually quite that rubbish in the kitchen! So we had the baked potatoes, mangetout and asparagus with the cooked bits of beef we could cut off. Dessert was lovely tho. Righto, todays menu consisted of:

B: nuttin' but coffee
L: butternut squash risotto on a bed of spinach, honeydew and cantaloupe, strawberry cheesecake mullerlight (1 syn)
S: lady grey tea, 8 x white choc buttons (4 syns), ham slices while prepping tea (getting to be a bit of a habit!), regular tea
D: beef, baked potato with 3 x light cow cheese, asparagus, mangetout, pudding -meringue, pina colada mullerlight (thought this was 1 syn but was free!) topped with satsuma segments

Might still nibble again before bed, but totaling for now and then settling down in front of the telly with either my hubby or a cat, whichever one decides to come sit on my lap first, hahaha!

Totals:
Exercise - walked into and around town to shop with my girl, raced on and off on the way home
Water - 1 big glass
Hex A&B - 5 x light cow cheese, 30g porridge oats
Syns - 10

Just edited diary after munching! Made myself four yummy oat cookies, each topped with a wispa bit (5 syns - I popped the fifth one in my mouth while cookies were in the oven) The cookies looked a bit pale and the texture wasn't standard 'oatmeal cookie' texture, but they were still nice! This is the recipe I used: Vicki-Kitchen: Oat Cookies (slimming world friendly) I was surprised at how much sweetener was needed, thought it might make them taste really fake, but they were great! Will definitely do them again!

Last edited:
Hiya Moonbeam

They look delicious, might have to give them a go. Do you know how many syns if I don't use porridge as a hex?

Hope your having a lovely family Sunday. x

Back