Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

Good morning! Off to a bit of a headachey start so far, thanks to muchos vino last night. The Greek mezze was soooo nice-there was a lot of grilled meat, but also naughty stuff like white pita bread and dips, stuffed vine leaves and I went all out and had baklava for my pud (filo, butter, honey). So no idea of syns, but definitely feeling ready to get back on track today.
Planning on loads of superfree food, and maybe a wee bit of chocolate after the kids have gone to bed!

Hi diary.
I know I was full of good intentions this morning, but I didn't realise how busy I was going to be. We had family over for a casual sausage sandwich lunch before the football today, then I stayed home with the four youngest. Soooo my super free intentions sort of went out the window!
Here's how I did;

Coffee, tea, grapes.
LM red onion and rosemary sausages x 3, 1 tsp ketchup, sparkle juice
Sainsburys beef ravioli
Coffee
SW chips x 3, bite of kids chicken goujon (1 syn)
Baked chicken breast, stuffed with light Babybel, wrapped in bacon, jacket potato with ff Greek yogurt, steamed broccoli and carrots, small glass of white wine 6 syns, Lindt chocolate ball 4 syns.
Another white wine 6 syns and one more choc 4 syns

Exercise - walking thru town for errands, housework, dancing and playing with the kiddos
Water - at least 1.5 litres
Part HexA - light Babybel, HexB - um... Nothing yet
Syns - about 21.5 ?

That's way over syns for two days in a row, so I really need to buck up a bit. I know its a special occasion, but I'm not doing myself any favours!
I'm too full and tired to go eat anymore, so hopefully I will be okay to catch up on HexA and HexB in the morning. :/

Of just goes to show how easily it's done doesn't it! And how, pre slimming world we would be thought wed been reasonably good on a day like that lol!

I'm waaaay over today! Think I've easily 'spent' at least half my weekly syns! We can attempt to be angels the rest of the week together!

Breakfast was okay, but nibbly since then, aaaaah!

Have had a caramel Lindt chocolate ball 4 syns, have also had about 1/2 a brioche roll with cheddar cheese. It's only about ten feet from the kitchen table to the counter and bin... but could I make it that far without stuffing it into my mouth?
Um. No.
Will have to calc syns later...

Allo. Hope everyone is keeping well this evening, and this weekend. It looks like I'm not the only one who has splurged a bit, phew!! Will try to get back on it. Our whole household is all about pancakes this time of year, so I will have to figure out what I'm going to do for Tuesday. SW magic pancakes I s'pose... maybe with sliced strawberries and some Choc Shot drizzled all over?? Yummo. Looking forward to that!

So my brioche faux pas wasn't as bad as I made out earlier today. The wee boy had eaten a bite of it, so I tore it in half and had a bite of the unchewed half, then finished it. The whole roll was worth 125 cals, so I am going to count the brioche as 3 syns and the cheese as 2.5 syns as it couldn't have been more than 8 or 9 g total. So all is not lost!! My hubbo did tea today, which is a rare treat these days, but he did it all syn free, even made the mashed potato with my f/f greek yogurt and it was all lovely, I felt so spoiled - for like, the third time this weekend, whoo hoo!!:love:

Anyhoo, here's the lowdown on todays intake:

B- coffee, 2 poached eggs, beanz, bacon, apple.
S- leftover cold LM sausage, Lindt Caramel Chocolate ball that my husband aggressively unwrapped and forced into my mouth, 4 syns. (OK, it didn't quite happen like that)
L- Baxters Smoked Bacon and Three Bean soup (HexB), carrot sticks, red pepper slices, nibble of the boys pita bread (1 syn-ish)
S- tea
D- gammon, mashed potato, steamed broccoli and carrots, Banoffee Mullerlight and meringue (4 syns)
S- peach sparkle juice

I'm going to look into some HexA alternatives (ideas, anyone?) as I'm running low on HexA cheese and am hoping to have something other than hot chocolate made with milk.

Totals:
Exercise - not much, just housework.
Water - about 1 l
Hex A - nuttin' yet. HexB, Baxters soup
Syns - 9

Breakfast:
IMG_20150215_081552007.jpg

Apologies for this rather unappetizing pic... the soup was really yummy! You just don't get much of it...
IMG_20150215_123031972.jpg

Total syns 12 and my HexA was Options Hazelnut made with hot milk - I obviously couldn't find any alternatives, but that's okay, it was YUM.

Nighty night!

Hi MB
Just cos ive been awol Ive still been watching you... i want to be so in it like you... even when you dip your getting back up and rocking again. Im in awe! :p
Well done on ur loss and keep it up babes im celebrating through your losses. Xxx

Hi MB
Just cos ive been awol Ive still been watching you... i want to be so in it like you... even when you dip your getting back up and rocking again. Im in awe! :p
Well done on ur loss and keep it up babes im celebrating through your losses. Xxx

Good to hear from you Bubble!! Thanks for rootin' for me... I'm not feeling it today to be honest. Not sure if I'm feeling the damage from the weekend, but just feeling a bit, um... rotund... today. Ha! Good word for it!
But yeah, you're right, I do keep trying to get back into it - but I did that last year as well, and it can be a slippery slope, can't it?? I do feel a bit stuck at the mo, so must make sure I keep checking in with you and all my Mins Buds for the extra support. Will pop by yours (diary) in a bit!!

Today - really struggled with the nibbles! MUST get this under control!

B- coffee, egg, mash, beans, bacon, small bite of toast and cheese - 1 syn.

L- celery with 3 x light cow cheese (part HexA), red pepper

S - syn free sausage while cooking, then made granola clusters with the kiddoes - UH-OH... sort of went like this. Nibble. Nibble. Nibblenibble. Nibblemunch. MUNCHMUNCHGOBBLEMUNCH. Then had a cup of tea and regained control. Have no idea of syns - granola contained oats, raisins, coconut, brown sugar, dried cranberries and cherries, almonds, honey, veg oil, and egg white. (Yum, huh?) So what I am going to do, is count it as my HexB, + 6 syns. Hope that's okay.

D- Spinach and Veggie Fusilli with a few slices of syn free sausage, plus a negligible amount of grated hard cheese, 1/2 syn - if I use enough to actually taste it, my husband takes his dinner and eats it in the next room - can't stand the smell - wimp!! ;) Then had Choc Sweet Popcorn quark for pud, 3 syns.

S- 2 x light cow cheese, cuppa sleepytime tea.

Totals:

Exercise - housework and looking after three bouncy kids all day, then brief but steady gym sesh tonight.
Water - about 500ml -eep
HexA - light cow cheese, HexB - oats.
Syns - 10 1/2 -ish!

I don't think you've done as badly as you think moonbeam...think of it like this, there are far worse that you could've got the munchies with than home made granola!

I've very intrigued by your 'choc sweet popcorn quark' ...spill!!! :)

You're right, Jellybean - I just can't help but think how many calories are in some of those oaty granola type cereals. Apparently some of them can be more fattening than a fried breakfast!

Anyway, it was just one of these Options sachets I was talking about:
popcrn.jpg

mixed with quark for a smooth, creamy dessert. I don't find this flavour very popcorny - more chocolate than anything. I sometimes mix them with plain FF greek yogurt, but find it almost cheesecakey when I use quark!

Your post just got me thinking about what to do for pancake day tomoz... I think I'm going to just have SW pancakes while hubby and the kids splurge on the "real" ones - as long as we're all sitting and eating together, they won't care - I will probably make sure I've already had an alternate dinner beforehand, so I don't get too tempted, hahaha!

It's hard.. I've said no more than 3 pancakes Max and that'd be 6 syns, without toppings! Yeah, I might have a small, syn free meal first to ensure I don't binge!!!

Oh, I've never seen that flavour! I bought the strawberry one to try this week... Not convinced on that one!

Mmm, haven't seen a strawberry one yet! Sounds like it would be tasty mixed with quark or yogurt but not sure I'd want it as a hot drink... mind you, I said the same thing before trying Peanut Hottie and I love that stuff now!!

Today has been a bit um.... okay I guess. I think the diet will flow more smoothly when school goes back! Was too tempted by sandwich crusts today, how sad is that?? How many syns do I count for half a sandwich worth of wholemeal crusts with a spread of marg and xlight mayo (and a smidge of chicken breast)? Not much, right?

Breakfast was scrambled egg (w/cottage cheese), beans, cold gammon, coffee
Lunch was syn free sausage, bread crusts, carrot sticks.
Coffee.
Dinner - SW speedy curry planned, with my sw pancakes for pud. On my way out to get the lemons and strawbs I forgot to get yesterday!
:)

I'm totally with you with the crusts...especially when there's peanut butter involved! Sometimes I'm tempted by things my 9 month old has sucked on...now that's sad!!

I've been really busy today, which has really helped keep me away from the food! Only problem is, I stopped at my friend's this morn and was stressed out after a tricky morn with my toddler, she asked if I'd like some bday cake and before I knew it, I'd said yes and eaten half a (admittedly quite small) slice! Thankfully I then decided to offer the rest to my daughter!!! Still reckon that'd be 5 syns though :-(

Ooh I know! It can just happen so fast!

I have to add a teaspoon of nutella to today, 1 syn for choc shot and 1/2 syn for the Greek mullerlight coconut yogurt I used in my pancakes... Um. Oh yes, had one bite of real pancake dipped in maple syrup - couldn't resist!

I think I'm supposed to syn my raspberries, as I mashed them up - don't totally agree with this! But will look them up anyway...

Attachments

• 1424198546197.jpg
    1424198546197.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 40
Pancake looks yummy!

Ooh I know! It can just happen so fast! I have to add a teaspoon of nutella to today, 1 syn for choc shot and 1/2 syn for the Greek mullerlight coconut yogurt I used in my pancakes... Um. Oh yes, had one bite of real pancake dipped in maple syrup - couldn't resist! I think I'm supposed to syn my raspberries, as I mashed them up - don't totally agree with this! But will look them up anyway...

Your pancake looks great :) I agree... Not sure about syns for fruit, I'm not sure it teaches you to eat better... I used a banana whizzed up for mine.. 5 syns... Could have used flour for that... But surely banana is better?

Yeah, I think some of the 'rules' defy common sense...cheeky's right banana must surely be better than flour, and crushed raspberries must be better than the copious amounts of nutella I managed to consume haha!

Yeah, I think some of the 'rules' defy common sense...cheeky's right banana must surely be better than flour, and crushed raspberries must be better than the copious amounts of nutella I managed to consume haha!

I can understand the logic of you were using say 6 bananas and sat having 6 pancakes... Because you would never eat 6 bananas in one go... But a reasonable portion is fine I think!

I can understand the logic of you were using say 6 bananas and sat having 6 pancakes... Because you would never eat 6 bananas in one go... But a reasonable portion is fine I think!

Thanks Cheeky, that's exactly what I was thinking - it wasn't a huge serving of raspberries, it was just a happy medium between untouched whole rasps and a lovely sweet oozy raspberry coulis!

Haha... I've been at the nutella too! I've managed to drag myself away from it several times today tho, so not done as bad as I could have. Or, we will see, anyway.

The banana pancake thing - I can't believe I still haven't tried it! A friend of mine mentioned them yonks ago, saying she had used bananas instead of flour and they turned out really well. I've even got two brown/black bananas I could've used! Maybe I will extend pancake day and do them for the kiddoes in the morning. They had american style pancakes for breakfast, english stylee pancakes for supper - I might just pancake them out!

Right, let's survey the damage:

Breakfast was scrambled egg (w/cottage cheese), beans, cold gammon, coffee

Lunch was syn free sausage, bread crusts 2 syns, carrot sticks.

Coffee. Sparkle Juice. Another nibble of granola, 2 syns. Man, that stuff is YUMMO.

Dinner - cold gammon and spinach salad (how good am I? On Pancake Day?? *smug*) then three pancakes made with 35g oats, mullerlight greek coconut 1/2 syn, spoon of plain ff yog, a shake of sweetener, a shake of cinnamon and a large egg, topped with smushed raspberries and Choc Shot 1 1/2 syns.

Totals:
Exercise - 20 minute power sesh at the gym - better than nothing! :whacky068:
Water - about 1 l
Hex A - flip, nothing yet. Just realised. Will likely go for warm milk. HexB - oats
Syns - 6 Oh wait!!! Just remembered a bite of grated cheese I had! I'm feeling a bit lazy, so I'm going to just have a little less milk and call it even.:whistle:

Omigosh. I forgot to write down my Nutella. I hope I haven't been doing that regularly. Right, two tsp Nutella, 3 syns, so that's 9 for today.

Back