T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

That's the cakes frosted - they're actually slightly less syns that I thought, as the frosting went further. Think I'll still be giving them a miss though! Also made mini stuffed mushrooms, ready for our taster tomorrow. Free finger food should go down well.

S- got my HEXA and HEXB in with some toast with cheese and marmite

D- going to bake some haddock fillets, with courgettes, mushrooms, carrots and potatoes.

I'm going to add a couple of syns, as I did try a bit of the sponge and some icing. (2 max)

And I'll have an alpro for pudding (5.5)

Total today of 7.5 syns

Mushrooms are dead easy - it's the same filling I did for the peppers and large mushrooms.

Veggie mince, with onion, garlic and the mushroom stalks. Pasata, half a tin of tomatoes and seasoning (I added some chili flakes to it this time as well, but could really be whatever seasoning you fancy). Cook some cous cous - roughly the same amount - once cooked - as you have of mince. Mix the two, then fill the mushrooms. I used closed cup and baby brown mushrooms for these, so they're sort of bite sized. You could melt cheese over them, which you'd either use as HEXA or syn.

Tasty and dead simple - they look cute too!

Morning all - I've copied the recipe for the mushrooms below, as I'll be taking it to group.
Vegetarian stuffed mushrooms (free)

This recipe can be made as hors d'oeuvre’s or using large chestnut or Portobello mushrooms as part of a main course or starter.

• Remove stalks from mushrooms, and chop finely.
  • Finely dice an onion, and soften over medium heat in fry light.
  • Add vegetarian mince (I used Tesco’s soya mince), and fry for a few minutes.
  • Add passata and tinned tomatoes. Season to personal taste.
  • In a separate pan, fry off mushroom stalks and garlic. Once garlic is softened, and water reduced out of mushrooms, add to the mince.
  • Allow mince mixture to simmer for approx. 15 minutes.
  • Make couscous to packet instructions, adding a stock cube/ boullion to preference.
  • Once couscous has absorbed water, add to mince and mix well.
  • Put filling into mushrooms, approx. 1 teaspoon per small mushroom.
  • Cook at 200C (fan) for 15-20 minutes.
Can be served hot or cold.
Grated reduced fat cheddar can be grated over the top and either syned, or used as a HEXA.

B - blueberries, raspberries and banana with fat free natural yogurt.

S- carrot sticks

L- SW quiche with salad and new potatoes. Fruit and a free yogurt.

D- using the rest of the filling I made last night for stuffed peppers, with some mixed veg. Some HEXA cheese on top!

Got our team meeting this morning, and I'm giving a short presentation. Crazy to feel nervous; I used to stand up in front of a class every day! Seems half a lifetime away that I was living abroad and teaching English. There are times I miss it like mad! Good luck for weigh-in! I think I'm confident of seeing a loss this week; even if I don't, NSV as I'm fitting into clothes a lot better!

Thank you :)
Consultant is confident that I'll be able to lose at least another stone by Christmas, which would be lovely!

B- banana, blueberries, raspberries and far free natural yogurt.

S - carrot sticks

L- SW quiche, new potatoes and salad. Strawberries and nectarine. Free fruit yogurt.

D - there's STILL stuffing mix left from yesterday, so will be making it into kind of burger patties. Thinking of having sweetcorn, and perhaps roasted butternut squash with it.

I'm saving my syns so I can have a few drinks tonight. To be fair, after three weeks of no alcohol, it's unlikely that I'll need much! My tipple of choice is Spiced Rum, which is 2.5 syns for a single w/ diet coke.

Saturday morning, and glad it was dry for my walk to and from class.

Only four of us in body conditioning again; it was a killer! Will be feeling that tomorrow. Also popped to some of the local shops (started getting my Halloween costume together!), to pick up loads of veg that the little supermarkets never stock. Also went to the fishmongers. It was pay day yesterday, so I've treated us to some monk fish and scallops. Not that I need both... but I can never resist scallops!

B - banana and strawberries with fat free natural yogurt.

S- apple and grape snack pack

L - will probably just have a light lunch using my HEXA and HEXB.

D - monkfish! I think done with roast veg.

Will add some syns in as I go along; nothing planned in yet.
N

Thanks Kally. Scallops were yummy! We baked the fish and scallops on a bed of tomatoes, shallots and fennel. Served with sweet potato and celeriac wedges and wilted baby spinach. Far too much food! 1 monk fish tail was enough for us, so have kept the other one and will probably do a curry on Monday.

Out to catch up with a friend. As I've not had any syns so far, I may have a couple of rum and diet cokes (and save some for an Alpro when we get home!)

Late breakfast/early lunch after a lazy morning! HEXB toast with quark, marmite, HEXA cheese and some quorn roast chicken pieces.

Afternoon s - free mugshot.

D - going to have fishcakes and veg - will add syns later.

S- fruit!

Rough meal planning done for the week. Going to make up some slow cooker soup for work lunches, with salad and cottage cheese/smash free scones!

Last edited:
Got the M&S Taste Thailand red Thai fishcakes - they work out at 1.5 syns per cake and I'll have three (4.5 syns) With sweet potato wedges, butternut squash, carrots and mushrooms with spinach. Will also have a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce (1.5)

Will have a chocolate Alpro for pudding (5.5 syns)

S - had a plum, but fancied something else. So had an Alpen light bar (3.5)

Total syns for the day: 15

Last edited:
Monday again so soon :-(

B - banana, raspberries and peach with fat free natural yogurt.

S- well, I forgot to pick up anything this morning, and there weren't any fruit pots in the canteen yet. Will see what I can grab when break rolls around.

L - free potato and cottage cheese scones with home made leek and potato soup

D - will be using the remaining monk fish tail to make a curry

Back