T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

Hope it turn out well! It does make a big difference with rice lol.
I like statement earrings but they always make my ears sore :-( day to day I don't wear any jewellery apart from my wedding & engagement rings so I do feel more put together if I have something else on. Usually a simple pendant but might have to revisit my jewellery box..

Well, that recipe has produced LOADS of rice pudding... it may actually be down to 1 syn per portion at this rate! I've made 5 ramekins full and the rest has just about managed to fit into an oval Pyrex. Will have to work on portioning it out once it's cooked a cooled! It smells delicious and the pumpkin mixture tasted lovely!

Bit confused by the recipe: not sure whether she meant cook 2 cups of rice, or 2 cups cooked. BIG different on volume! SO I cooked two cups, then added two cooked cups (stay with me here!) but it didn't look like enough rice... so it's all gone in! Bit of an experiment.

Yum :) rice pudding! I love the stuff!!!! Very interested in this as I'm looking for alternative puddings!!! Yummy :)

Ruth
X

Wow wow wow - curried squash was AMAZING - we didn't add the beets in the end, so will have those later in the week.

I followed this recipe: http://www.thegardenofeating.org/2014/09/red-kuri-squash-with-indian-spices.html
Genuinely one of the nicest things I've ever eaten! Wasn't overly impressed with the rice and lentils I served it with. Would have been better with green lentils, perhaps. I am a big fan of kuri squash though. (you can see it in the background of the rice pudding pic if you're not sure what they look like!)

I got three portions out of the curried squash, so that works out at 4 syns per portion. I used 1 syn of spray oil for the onions in the rice dish.
The rice pudding worked out at 1 syn for each ramekin, and I'll portion the big one into 7. I'm feeling greedy today, so having two ramekins worth!

So that means a total today of: 7

Attachments

• rice pudding.jpg
    rice pudding.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1
The experimental beetroot and mushroom risotto is in the pressure cooker! It's no more than half a syn per portion.

I'm going to have another rice pudding (1) for dessert, which I might actually top with some sweetened flavoured quark (0.5)

Total syns for the day: 9.5

I love what you're cooking with!! Please let us know re the beetroot and mushroom risotto. I don't cook with risotto or beetroot for that matter but should really get into the hang of it!!!

Ruth
X

It was really good! I'd roasted the beets yesterday, so just chopped them up today. I made the risotto in the pressure cooker (it's quicker and saves all the stirring!) and I used dried mushrooms, which I re-hydrated, then used the liquid from that as part of the stock.

It was really tasty. But the beets were very sweet. I think it needed sorrel or something to undercut the sweetness. It was a good combo though.

Not sure why, but I'm really tired at the moment. Still keeping up with my mindfulness and tried a new relaxation sleep app last night. Just don't feel rested!

Oh well, on-wards. I have my riding lesson this evening, which I'm really looking forward to. But in the office before that - lots of bits and bobs to do, then up to uni to get some work done there. No rest for the wicked.

B - scan bran (HEXB) with LC light (HEXA) and spring onions. Fresh fruit.

L - rice and lentils mixed with fat free Greek yogurt, chili, cucumber. I will probably pick up some Quorn chicken as well. Popcorn (2.5 syns)

D - Giant couscous with roasted veg (OH's favourite, so he said he'd cook it again tonight!)

I'll add syns in during the day

Walked miles! I can't tell you how many, because I forgot to put my activity tracker watch thing on. Managed to avoid all of the cakes in the lovely cafes - then went on a charity shop trawl. It was so busy, you couldn't have a proper rummage. I did get a very cool '80's jacket/cardigan. Will try and remember to put a pic up. And the Amnesty book shop had a pound sale... so it would have been rude not to grab a fivers worth whilst I was there!
I had a fantastic walk all round Bristol early Sunday morning clocked up a good 7 miles it was freezing cold but I soon warmed up.

Wow wow wow - curried squash was AMAZING - we didn't add the beets in the end, so will have those later in the week.

I followed this recipe: http://www.thegardenofeating.org/2014/09/red-kuri-squash-with-indian-spices.html
Genuinely one of the nicest things I've ever eaten! Wasn't overly impressed with the rice and lentils I served it with. Would have been better with green lentils, perhaps. I am a big fan of kuri squash though. (you can see it in the background of the rice pudding pic if you're not sure what they look like!)

I got three portions out of the curried squash, so that works out at 4 syns per portion. I used 1 syn of spray oil for the onions in the rice dish.
The rice pudding worked out at 1 syn for each ramekin, and I'll portion the big one into 7. I'm feeling greedy today, so having two ramekins worth!

So that means a total today of: 7
Rice pudding... My childhood favourite x

Busy day, but a really good riding lesson. We have a lovely space to work in now - with internet that doesn't drop out - Hurrah! It's a really nice communal/creative space, which my boss has access to, because of her rented office. Nice little snug pods and a cafe on site; lovely.

So, syns: 1 for olive oil. 2.5 for rice pudding and quark.

Including the popcorn, that's 6. I'm on the low side, but I don't feel like eating for the sake of it, really.

Edited to add: 6.5 syns - we've got maple glazed prawns to go with dinner. yummy

Last edited:
I had a fantastic walk all round Bristol early Sunday morning clocked up a good 7 miles it was freezing cold but I soon warmed up.

@Ra-ra - it's because of all the hills! Quite hard to be cold when walking around Bristol, I find. I've just found out that I get to flyer Gloucester Rd this weekend - so will be clocking up more miles!

Urgh - another night's bad sleep. I just have no idea why! I think that's the must frustrating thing.

B - bit of an experiment.... online shop arrives tonight, so a little short on some things!
Very ripe banana (mashed = 4 syns) with a duck egg, mixed with spices and oatmeal (HEXB). It's the oven now! So we'll see... will serve with fresh fruit.

L - Rice salad? Risotto? I have leftovers, so it will be something from the fridge. Popcorn (2.5)

I'm going to be at the new space most of the day, I think. I want to try and get thing sorted for taster, but may have to do that tomorrow morning before group.

D - Trout fillet and roast veg

Back