T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

Thank both. Feeling so much better today. I got some work done yesterday, and back at uni again today. Going to do a few hours work, then see how I am. Planning to take tomorrow off. We were going to meet some friends for lunch, but will have to see how I am. Have eaten a banana and some Quorn chicken this morning and all good so far. I think the stress of deadline isn't helping!

Hi, hope you are feeling a bit better today, and that you were able to enjoy a day off xx

Well done on the maintain! With everything going on there is nothing wrong with that. Like you say, do what you need to do to keep going! Plenty of time afterwards for getting back on plan x

After two weeks of not weighing, I got on the scales at group this morning, and I've maintained. I'm happy with that, considering being ill and the stress of finishing my dissertation. I'm not worrying about plan between now and hand in on Tuesday. I need whatever it takes to keep me going at the moment!
Well done TT:0clapper:

I hope you are feeling better.

First things, first:)

6 years... it's been a while! I'm not even sure what's got me back here, but decided I might as well log in.

There have been a lot of changes in my life; moved cities; new relationships... Some stressful times, but also some good ones.

And right now, I feel in the right mindset to actually do something for ME again.

I'll probably start a new accountability diary in the coming weeks.

To give a quick update though, I fell away from SW (for various reasons, including a very controlling relationship). That said, I also questioned how healthy it actually was for me, especially with the rise in concern over ultra processed foods.

Fast forward to now, my weight has been up and down. I don't really know what the trigger was, but I've decided to take control. Feeling very sceptical, I signed up for Slim Pod. I do feel like it's working for me, and in general, just feel so much happier and healthier. I was calorie counting to start with, but found I was becoming too obsessed. Now I recognise my full signal more, I feel comfortable with that, and am following a more Mediterranean diet.

I'm also now playing walking rugby, swimming daily and going to dance classes. I've dropped over a stone already; it was very quick, and I don't expect to keep losing like that. But I'm happy with the changes that I've made so far.

Hi TT.

I randomly decided to log in today for the first time in a while and saw you had posted!! It's lovely to hear you are in the right mindset to do something for you and it sounds like you have made positive changes and are off to a great start.

Hi both - yes, it is weird how we come back to things!

I will probably start a new diary, not in the SW area when I have a bit more time.

It was wonderful to enjoy Carnival this weekend, and not stress about what I was eating, but know I was only eating until I was full, and making the more sensible choice where possible.

Met the in-laws for lunch yesterday. I had a panini, but left the crisps. Totally unheard of for me!

Heyyyyy!
Hi TT !! @Torn_Tranquility and @Elanor !!
Very long time no hear !😀
I’ve been here on and off over the years , need to get back and do something about my weight - long story but seems to have rocketed up lately 🙄

Glad to hear you’re doing ok - never heard of slimpod 🤔?👍 which carnival did you go see?
@Elanor how are you doing? Been a very long time since that Birmingham meet up?! 😀

Now there’s more familiar faces back - I may have to get back in gear and post a diary - may start 2 as I also have some personal issues I don’t want any Joe bloggs to see lol

Hope to see more posts - catch up again soon 😊

@Torn_Tranquility Carnival sounds like it was a fun weekend! It's great you were able to enjoy it and be comfortable with food choices etc.

@Zafira Birmingham was so long ago now!! It was a fun day.

I'm probably going to get back to my old diary. Really need to sort myself out, it's been a rough few years but I think I'm finally turning a corner and getting to a point that I'm able to get back to losing weight again. I've gained far too much in the last few years.

Butetown Carnival in Cardiff - it's literally on my doorstep, and given the size of the sound systems, it seemed sensible to get out and enjoy!
Love a carnival! Although haven’t been to one for years!
Used to go to the Isle of Wight one’s years ago - more when I lived there and later when I took my kids over 😊
Don’t know wether they’re still as good now though….

Well, it's been a busy week, with my partner's youngest staying with us. It's only a 1 bed flat, so even though we all get on well, it's quite a lot of pressure. Sad yet glad to see him get on the train today (especially as I mainly work from home!)

We've had a lovely week. Food not all where it should be, and almost certainly too much drinking. BUT better choices, no guilt, and still making time for myself for dance, swimming and walking rugby.

Back