T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

Hah yes - good to mix things up a bit! Walking rugby is so much fun, and absolutely love the team. We got to play in the Principality Stadium earlier this year, and we're at the Arms Park (Cardiff's home ground) in a couple of weeks. Hoping that all of that combined means I can slightly wing the 5k the week after... which reminds me, also need to sort the super hero costume for that!

Well, it's been a busy week, with my partner's youngest staying with us. It's only a 1 bed flat, so even though we all get on well, it's quite a lot of pressure. Sad yet glad to see him get on the train today (especially as I mainly work from home!)

We've had a lovely week. Food not all where it should be, and almost certainly too much drinking. BUT better choices, no guilt, and still making time for myself for dance, swimming and walking rugby.

Lovely to hear you so positive and not feeling guilt for enjoying yourself. I know it's over said, but it really is about moderation and not putting yourself down for having a good time.

Walking rugby sounds interesting and great fun!

Going to be a bit of a mad weekend, with rugby training tomorrow morning, watching a match in the afternoon, and then watching the England game. I plan to watch that at home, but as the pub is right across the road, that may not happen! Went for a few drinks last night as well, but planning to draw a line under this weekend. I'm not concerned about it, but just being mindful.

Recently discovered EmKFit on YouTube. I absolutely LOVE her workouts. HIIT style, with a lot of dance based routines. Damn, do you SWEAT though.

I've signed up to do her Abs and Bootycamp Challenge, which I'm combining with everything else. In typical T_T fashion, I was a little bit late to the party, so only found out the challenge had started towards the end of the first week, which meant I crammed the workouts in a bit.

Basically, it's 4 of her workouts in a week, 3 of which should be booty or abs focused. I find her very real and honest. There's no "lose 20lbs in a week".

Plan for the rest of today is a very late breakfast (I just wasn't hungry this morning!), trip to the shops to stock up on fruit, then meeting my OH in the pub when he finishes to watch the Wales game.

The leg pain is real! But I swam yesterday morning, then went to dance in the evening. Really good class, and I can't believe we're in week three of the routine. Really enjoying this choreography.

Went for a walk before work this morning, and have rugby this evening. Busy busy.

Food is still on the okay side. Struggling at the moment, as OH works in a pub. It means we don't get many evenings together. And when he finishes work, he wants to relax and chill out in the pub. I did end up staying out with him and some friends last night (which I am slightly regretting this morning!)

Brilliant Zumba class last night. Finished work, did an abs "ladder" workout (killer), then went for a stroll and sat in the evening sun with my book before class. Then home, and did a dance HIIT to finish of a good day.

Up for a swim early this morning. Working from the office, and was really annoyed to find the canteen had closed early. Had relied on being able to get a jacket potato to stay as healthy as possible. No such luck! Sandwich from OneStop, but avoided crisps etc. Just wish I'd gone down earlier, but I was up to my ears in spreadsheets!

Meeting OH after work, and probably having dinner out. BUT, it's one day, so no stress.

Had Chinese from a favourite local takeaway last night. Smaller portion, and went for boiled rice instead of fried. Asked for the sauce separate. So "damage" minimised.

Needed more sleep this morning, so no swim. But I'll fit a workout in when I finish work. OH finishes at 7ish, so I'll probably wander into town to meet him for a drink. Feel at a bit of a loss today, for various reasons. But trying to keep the Black Dog at Bay

Hi Mich. Few of us knocking around! I'm back after a long hiatus, but find it good for accountability.

Weighed this morning, with 3lbs off.

Went for a lovely walk yesterday, which helped clear my head. Few drinks in town after watching the rugby.

Slow start for today, as we had a rare morning together. Cooked us scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, and dill and horseradish creme fraiche. Just back from a swim, and then we're heading into town for the rugby (OH has work, but I think I'll probably head home early evening - big day tomorrow for the walking rugby team!)

Hi Mich. Few of us knocking around! I'm back after a long hiatus, but find it good for accountability.

Weighed this morning, with 3lbs off.

Went for a lovely walk yesterday, which helped clear my head. Few drinks in town after watching the rugby.

Slow start for today, as we had a rare morning together. Cooked us scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, and dill and horseradish creme fraiche. Just back from a swim, and then we're heading into town for the rugby (OH has work, but I think I'll probably head home early evening - big day tomorrow for the walking rugby team!)
Your doing so well, I am just no good at cutting down on food to lose weight..oh and the wine... so better for me to cold cold turkey and use the shakes ...for a month or two...then ill Try to do as you do and get moving more and eat a bit better ...I'm going g to get back into my running soon... 🏃‍♂️
Well done again!

I have come home with wine this evening! But I also know I'm balancing everything else pretty well. I'm trying to retrain years of "diet head" and looking at the bigger picture. It's not easy, and totally get that different approaches work for different people.

I did wander down the crisp aisle in the shop just now, but realised that I don't actually really want them. So will probably make some pasta or something else quick, because I've not eaten since breakfast ooops

I have come home with wine this evening! But I also know I'm balancing everything else pretty well. I'm trying to retrain years of "diet head" and looking at the bigger picture. It's not easy, and totally get that different approaches work for different people.

I did wander down the crisp aisle in the shop just now, but realised that I don't actually really want them. So will probably make some pasta or something else quick, because I've not eaten since breakfast ooops
Wine and crisps are my foods ..... its hard .... I know .... but they are more comfort foods ... so I need to re ajust my thinking and find that comfort in something else.... maybe being good to my body ... feeding my body properly and stop feeding the emotions ... 😂 well done you for resisting👏

Yesterday was brilliant, despite horrendous rain. 7 games played, so plenty of steps. Didn't eat, apart from scrambled eggs for breakfast. Wasn't smart to go back to beer, either... but it was the rugby crowd! The sensible one's went for food, but a few of us just went straight to the pub.

Starving this morning, so just had leftover pasta for breakfast. Hopefully means I won't snack during the day. Dance tonight; week four of a Charleston routine, so I've dug out my flapper dress for a giggle. I'm sure I had another one, but can't find it anywhere.

No Zumba this week, but I do have two dance classes, and might book in for pilates. Also need to get my EMKFit challenge workouts in somewhere along the lines.

Great dance class last night; love week 4, as some of us dress up. And I usually manage two classes in the last week, so have booked Thursday as well. Found the other dress, so convinced another of the ladies to dress up as well. We have a good giggle AND burn calories!

Swim this morning, then some yogurt, fruit and nuts for breakfast.

Meant to have rugby training tonight, but not many people confirmed so far, and the weather is pretty horrendous. If they cancel, I'll see if I can get a class at the gym instead. I need to book for Pilates tomorrow as well.

Back