Take 2! My New IF Journey

Glad to hear you finally got the MRI appointment, a month to wait though :(

24 hr fasts can work really well, LB does them and has great results, I am not disciplined enough for them though :D

I had thought originally that 2 DD's together wasn't a good idea, but I read the IF Diet book and they recommend it as an option so whatever works for you each week is just fine

I guess time will tell if doing 2 together will help. Wasn't really something i wanted to do, it was just so i could fit 2 in this week. I'll be getting weighed tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed. Although i am feeling extremely fat today and my clothes feel tighter than they normally do. Its not my time of the month or anything so not really sure what's happening.

It might the planets making us expand again i must check!!

Just be my luck that! At this rate i'll look like a planet... Or at least i'll look like i've swallowed a planet and got it stuck round my middle. Like a bad Tom & Jerry cartoon!

I've finished eating for the day so might as well update on today's food:

DD number 10 - 05/05/13

Breakfast
Nothing

Lunch
Nothing

Tea
2 x Cod in Butter Sauce = 214
Broccoli = 35cals

Treats
None

Water
= 3litres

Exercise = 2 x 10mins of gentle slow walking

Total Calories = 249

I cannot wait for tomorrow. I have a list as long as my arm of what i want to eat tomorrow.... Will probably have changed my mind by the time tomorrow comes mind! But i do have a McDonald's lined up for dinner! Yay!!!!!!!!!

Just be my luck that! At this rate i'll look like a planet... Or at least i'll look like i've swallowed a planet and got it stuck round my middle. Like a bad Tom & Jerry cartoon!

I've finished eating for the day so might as well update on today's food:

DD number 10 - 05/05/13

Breakfast
Nothing

Lunch
Nothing

Tea
2 x Cod in Butter Sauce = 214
Broccoli = 35cals

Treats
None

Water = 3litres

Exercise = 2 x 10mins of gentle slow walking

Total Calories = 249

I cannot wait for tomorrow. I have a list as long as my arm of what i want to eat tomorrow.... Will probably have changed my mind by the time tomorrow comes mind! But i do have a McDonald's lined up for dinner! Yay!!!!!!!!!

Well done!! Enjoy your food today - I can't wait for my breakfast!

I got through my DD too, was disappointed at the scales, but glad I got a DD in for the week all the same, oddly not starving this morning and glad coz thats normal enough after a DD, will try to put off eating until lunch time.

I'm sorry scales were brilliant for you Lanark. I'm sure you'll get that off next week no problems.

Okay i've decided i do not like DDD's. All i've done is eat! I'm not even going to list what i've eaten today because i'm too embarrassed. I'm just going to tell you the total calories. I think the problem is on the first DD i was fine but on the 2nd DD i spent the whole time fantasizing about what food i was going to eat today. Honestly if it wasn't nailed down i've eaten it. Even the dogs have been afraid to come near me today! Don't think i'm going to do another DDD so the only decision this week is whether to do 3 or just 2. I'm also going back to just having juices as the actual food also made me very hungry.

Almost wish i was doing a DD tomorrow. I'm so full :jelous:

Oh well. Roll on weighing next weekend :)

07/06/13 - UD

Calories = 2,324 :eek:

I was just going to say too many!!!!!

I lost 1/2lb this week but since i got weighed i've been backwards and forwards to the toilet and i reckon if i'd shifted that before i got weighed it would have been at least a pound off! Oh well. Not the end of the world. Back on track on Monday...

I only ever did two together once - got pneumonia at the end of it lol but I think that was coincidence. I did 82 hours on 500 cals and lost my appetite by the end of it. I lost 2lb that week but I'm not sure it was worth it. Glad you have an appointment xx

I only ever did two together once - got pneumonia at the end of it lol but I think that was coincidence. I did 82 hours on 500 cals and lost my appetite by the end of it. I lost 2lb that week but I'm not sure it was worth it. Glad you have an appointment xx

Thanks Ladybird. I wouldn't do another double unless i was absolutely desperate!

Okay yesterday's food and i'm going to be honest. Was at hospital in the morning and then me and my OH went to Frankie and Benny's for their lunch menu. Frankie and Benny's annoy me slightly as they won't give out their nutritional information on their menu unless you get something off their lighter choices section and frankly there's no way i'm eating of that! I want stodge! I managed to find a listing on MFP for the food i had but for the calzone it was such low calories that the person had listed that i doubled it because there was just no way! So the following is a approximate:

UD - 08/05/2013

Breakfast
Nothing

Lunch
F&B's New Yorker Calzone = 1,340
F&B's House Fries = 200
2 x Latte = 138

Tea
2 x Kingsmill 50/50 = 188
20g Lurpak = 143

Treats
1 segment Terry's Dark Choc Orange = 45
150ml Carte Dor Strawberry Ice Cream = 150
Cadbury's Flake = 135

Water
= 2litres

Exercise = 3 x 10mins of gentle slow walking

Total Calories = 2,339

Now Saturday morning is my usual weigh in so i decided to jump on the scales to see what damage had been done by my 2 massive UD's and i'm pleased to report it was only 1.5lbs up. Was quite happy with that. Yay :)

Yesterday's UD:

UD - 09/05/2013

Breakfast
Nothing
Lunch
2 x Kingsmill 50/50 Bread = 188
28g Lurpak = 200
2 x Milky Coffees = 152
Tea
Chicken and Beef in Blackbean Sauce with Green Peppers = 736
Chinese Takeaway Chips = 284
Treats
150ml Carte Dor Strawberry Ice Cream = 150
Cadbury's Flake = 135
Water
= 2.25litres
Exercise = 43 mins of gentle slow walking

Total Calories = 1,845

When i was checking through my emails i noticed that on Living Social Deals the Kettleworx complete DVD set was on offer again. I'd wanted it for ages but had completely missed it the first time it was on offer and just couldn't afford to pay the full price. Anyway i managed to get the 10 dvd's plus the free book and kettlebell for 39 quid plus 7.95 P&P. Yay. Got them now.

Back to the doctors tomorrow morning. Assuming of course i can drag myself out of bed given the 3 previous nights i've been suffering from major insomnia!

I was looking at kettlebell workouts yesterday. I'm guessing the kettleworx isn't for beginners - will have to look into it.

I used to do a lot of double down days, but they don't seem to have any added benefits from what I've seen on here. Yesterday looked like a good up day x

Thanks Pencil's. You know i can't remember whether or not the KettleWorx is suitable for beginners, i know having read the kettlebell section on here that a lot of people did just jump in. I'm kinda hoping they're will be someone in the background of the dvd doing the easier moves like they have on the Jillian Micheal's dvd's. But if your looking for a beginners session do a search for something called Fitness Blender as they some kettlebell routines and i think one of them is for beginners.

Had a DD yesterday and it was fine. Just had some juice for my main and lots of water. But i really struggled to go to sleep last night and the longer i was awake the more hungry i felt so in the end i got up and had something to eat. Was sat on my bed in the wee hours eating beef sandwiches with a packet of cheese & onion french fries but then i noticed..... Jaffa cakes! I went on a total binge! I pretty much ate all my cals for today before the day had even begun!!! Do'h! I told myself i wasn't going to do this. After all i only have to be good until the weekend and then if i want jaffa cakes i'll have them. Along with anything else i want! Didn't even enjoy them that much... Probably because i barely got the chance to chew them. Oh well today is a new day.... With bugger all cals left! Hmm Don't think i'v posted what i had on Sunday so will give you the low down now:

UD - 09/05/2013

Breakfast
None - As if i was up in time for that!
Lunch

200ml Milk - 100
2 x Weetabix = 134
14 x Strawberries = 42
Dinner
Turkey, Sausage meat, Mashed Pots, Broccoli, Yorkshire pud & Gravy = 650
Snacks
Carte Dor Strawberry Ice Cream = 150
Mini Victoria Sponge = 125
Cadbury's Flake = 135

Exercise = None

Water = 2.2litres

Total Cals = 1,336

And yesterday's:

DD number 11 - 10/06/13

Breakfast
None
Lunch
None
Tea
Fruit and Veggie Juice = 220

Exercise = 33mins Walking

Water = 3.3litres

Total Calories = 220

I've been doing kettlewirx DVDs for years.I do the level 2 DVDs now. There is no modified easier version but just start with a light kettlebell and work your way up.

Thanks Pencil's. You know i can't remember whether or not the KettleWorx is suitable for beginners, i know having read the kettlebell section on here that a lot of people did just jump in. I'm kinda hoping they're will be someone in the background of the dvd doing the easier moves like they have on the Jillian Micheal's dvd's. But if your looking for a beginners session do a search for something called Fitness Blender as they some kettlebell routines and i think one of them is for beginners.

Had a DD yesterday and it was fine. Just had some juice for my main and lots of water. But i really struggled to go to sleep last night and the longer i was awake the more hungry i felt so in the end i got up and had something to eat. Was sat on my bed in the wee hours eating beef sandwiches with a packet of cheese & onion french fries but then i noticed..... Jaffa cakes! I went on a total binge! I pretty much ate all my cals for today before the day had even begun!!! Do'h! I told myself i wasn't going to do this. After all i only have to be good until the weekend and then if i want jaffa cakes i'll have them. Along with anything else i want! Didn't even enjoy them that much... Probably because i barely got the chance to chew them. Oh well today is a new day.... With bugger all cals left! Hmm Don't think i'v posted what i had on Sunday so will give you the low down now:

UD - 09/05/2013

Breakfast
None - As if i was up in time for that!
Lunch
200ml Milk - 100
2 x Weetabix = 134
14 x Strawberries = 42
Dinner
Turkey, Sausage meat, Mashed Pots, Broccoli, Yorkshire pud & Gravy = 650
Snacks
Carte Dor Strawberry Ice Cream = 150
Mini Victoria Sponge = 125
Cadbury's Flake = 135

Exercise = None

Water = 2.2litres

Total Cals = 1,336

And yesterday's:

DD number 11 - 10/06/13

Breakfast
None
Lunch
None
Tea
Fruit and Veggie Juice = 220

Exercise = 33mins Walking

Water = 3.3litres

Total Calories = 220

How many calories are you eating on a DD? Would you be less hungry if you had food instead of juice? Maybe you are being too tough on yourself ? Yesterday I had nothing until about 8.30pm and had a salmon fillet (220) and about 100 calories of veg and I felt full. You can get a lot of salad for 100 or calories!

I've been doing kettlewirx DVDs for years.I do the level 2 DVDs now. There is no modified easier version but just start with a light kettlebell and work your way up.

Thanks Irish. The set comes with a free 5lb bell which i think is just over 2kg? I also have a 3kg, 4kg and 5kg one so i'll be able to move up gently as i get more used to it. Hopefully they'll help me tone up.

How many calories are you eating on a DD? Would you be less hungry if you had food instead of juice? Maybe you are being too tough on yourself ? Yesterday I had nothing until about 8.30pm and had a salmon fillet (220) and about 100 calories of veg and I felt full. You can get a lot of salad for 100 or calories!

Err i usually just do a juice which is around 220 cals dependent on what i have available to juice. I did eat food last week but found it left me really hungry afterwards. If i could just have slept i don't think i would have binged at all. Stupid body. And of course one of things that is not good for weight loss at all is lack of sleep! I'll see how i get on tomorrow.

Anyway i think i'm done eating now..... So may as well update you all with my food for the day.

UD - 11/06/13

Breakfast
(at 3am!)
3 x 400g Farmhouse White Loaf with lurpak lighter and roast beef = 504
Cheese & Onion French Fries = 84
Orange Breakaway Biscuit = 99
Jaffa Cakes = 460
Lunch
2 x Weetabix with 150ml SS Milk and 14 Strawberries = 251
Tea
Bird's Eye Southern Fried Chicken Breast Portions with Actifry Chips = 644
2 x 800g Farmhouse White Bread with Lurpak Lighter = 314
Snacks
1 x Terry's Dark Chocolate Orange Segment = 45
10 x Haribo Starmix = 145

Exercise = 30mins Walking

Water = 2.5litres

Total Calories = 2,501

Kettleworx DVD's have arrived today. I suppose i should have tried them out but i can't find my sports bra! So annoying. Really must check all the dvd's work mind. It's been a DD today. I've felt really tired and cold this afternoon. Had to be up to drop a sample off at the doctors this morning and they were on half day closing so had to rush it there. Will be back next Thursday for the results.

DD number 12 - 12/06/12

Breakfast

None
Lunch
None
Tea
2 x Weetabix with 150ml SS Milk and 14 strawberries = 250
2 x Black Coffees with 1 sweetener = 2
Snacks
None

Exercise = 47mins Walking

Water = 3litres

Total Calories = 252

Had a go on one of those Flabelos Machines today. That is such a weird sensation. I had fat flying that i didn't even know i had and when the machine really took off i felt a bit panicked. But hopefully those 10mins and the 61mins walk i did will have helped repair the damage i did today when i leapt head first into the roast potatoes at the Toby Carvery! I may have over estimated on MFP but they came to over 1000 cals on there on!!!!! But you gotta love roasties :)

Here is today's damage report:

UD - 13/06/2013

Breakfast
None
Dinner
Medium Costa Coffee Latte = 206
Double Chocolate Chip Muffin = 422
Tea
Toby Carvery with Turkey and Beef plus Chocolate Fudge Cake (shared with Mum) = 1,542
Snack
None

Exercise = 10mins on Flabelos Machine and 61mins Walking

Water = 2.5litres

Total Calories = 2,170

DD tomorrow and then weigh in on Saturday.

Worst night ever last night. The headache i got yesterday afternoon turned into a migraine and i spent the evening in bed trying desperately not to throw up although my other end did give way. Not to mention the fact that i went to the toilet for a pee 6 times in 2 hours! Roll on getting the results of my tests on Thursday! So given that i had peed and pooped tonnes last night, done 3 fast last week and exercised i thought perhaps i would break the mould and lose a pound this week rather than 1/2lb so was quite excited when i got on the scales..... I've STS this week!!!!! Not happy. I know a lot of people gain or STS sometimes when starting new exercise programmes but to be honest it was only walking so i wasn't expecting it to make a difference to my WI. Now i know i'm not going to lose anything next week as its my time of the month so STS this week is quite disappointing. Oh well. Think i'll just stick to 2 DD's next week.

Yesterday's Menu as follows:

DD Number 13 - 15/06/13

Breakfast
Nothing
Dinner
Nothing
Tea
Pri Pri Chicken with Broccoli = 209
2 x Black Coffee with Sweetener = 2

Exercise = 31mins Walking

Water = 2.5litres

Total Calories = 211

Yesterday's Binge:

UD - 15/06/13

Breakfast
None
Lunch
Large Full English with Latte = 1,200
Tea
Ham Pizza, Chicken Pakora, Chips & Coffee = 1,323
Snacks
Haribo Starmix = 100

Exercise = 30mins Walking

Water
= 2litres

Total Calories = 2,623

Quick update for the last couple of days:

UD - 16/06/13

Breakfast
None
Dinner
None
Tea
Roast Pork Dinner with roast potatoes, yorkshire puds and veg = 1,035
White Coffee with sweatener = 50
Aunt Bessie's Jam Roly Poly = 582
Snacks
7 x Haribo Star Mix = 70
Exercise = None (Rest Day)
Water = 2.5litres

Total Calories = 1,737

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ID - 17/06/13

Breakfast
Hot Water with Lemon = 0
Dinner
Black Coffee with sweetener = 1
Tea
Home Made Juice = 187
Tesco Chicken Casserole & Dumplings = 660
2 x Medium Wholemeal Bread with Lurpak Lighter = 228
Snacks
None
Exercise = 31mins Walking & 10mins Kettlebells
Water
= 3.3litres

Total Calories = 1,076

Okay so i know i said i wouldn't do 3 DD's this week but was seriously considering it this morning but decided to go for an ID today and try a 5 hour eating window. I added a 10min kettlebell workout which really made me sweat but seemed to involve a lot of squats which i hate... My knees just don't like squats! Planning another kettlebell session on Wednesday and just some walking tomorrow.

Trying a few new supplements this week as well and got myself some Wheatgrass and Spirulina to add to my juices. The packet says you should have 10 to 15grams a day but i only added a teaspoon of each into my juice. They turned my bright yellow juice into a mucky green colour and i was expecting it to taste awful but it wasn't that bad. Hopefully just the teaspoon of these will help??? Fingers crossed.

Back