Take 2! My New IF Journey

Thanks Derbynanny.

I gained half a pound which isn't too bad at all, it could have been so much worse. Back on the wagon today. I usually eat over 2,000 cals a day on a weekend but yesterday i can in at just under 1,500 and i'm hoping to do the same today. I did 5miles on the cross trainer yesterday and i've been out for a 3mile run/walk today. Hopefully if i can keep up the good work for the rest of the week i should see a half decent loss on Saturday. I actually only need 2lbs in order for me to get my first half stone off. That would be nice.

Thanks Willow :)

I've got my fingers crossed. Today has been a good day. I fasted until 2pm and then broke my fast with a cereal bar. Dinner was slightly naughty but well within my calories and i'm still under my 1430cals limit so all is good. I've even been able to indulge in my hot coffee and chocolate biscuits and still be under my limit. I've done an hour and 20mins exercise on my treadmill. I was going to do some strength training as well but i completely forgot as i was late home from the office and once i was full from tea i just felt too sluggish. I really must try to remember as i do feel i need to develop some upper body strength and also some core strength.

Let's hope tomorrow is as good a day as today has been.

Another good day food and exercise wise :)

Although the cold weather is affecting my right arm and i'm not sleeping well. My cals have come in at 1435 and i burned off 791cals. My window has now closed so naturally i want to eat everything not nailed to the ground! Plus i'm so tired because i didn't sleep well last night.

Not a brilliant day today but not an awful one either. Calories came in at 1599 which is over my 1430 limit but just felt i needed to comfort eat a little because of the cold crap weather. It's freezing cold, peeing down and snowing slightly here. If the weather is the same tomorrow night i doubt i'll be attending my beginners running class. I see no point in getting absolutely soaked.

Hopefully this slight increase in calories won't affect my weigh in too much. I think i should have opened my window later than 2pm as all i had was a small bowl of frosties and there not exactly filling. I'm out with my Mum tomorrow so will probably be eating out in the afternoon.

Well i guess you can tell from the fact i've not updated my diary for 6 days that all has not been well. To be honest this week i just could not be bothered with anything at all. I exercised on the Monday and Tuesday but from then on i did nothing. I also ate like a pig. I had my follow up appointment with the neurologist at hospital on Thursday and he basically told me i had a 1 in 3 chance of making a "decent" recovery. Note the word "decent" as opposed to "full".

I'd also been giving myself a really hard time over the fact that i was struggling with the C25K program.

Since it appears i'm not disciplined enough to count calories i decided i was going to have a fresh start this week. I'm going to clear off my stats below but leave my starting weight as it was so i can see how far i've come. From now up until Christmas i will be an Slimming World friendly eating plan combined with 16:8 fasting. I have devised an exercise plan that includes the Jeff Galloway run walk run plan and some strength training. I'm not going to give myself a hard time over the fact i'm still having to take walk breaks. Tomorrow is going to be particularly challenging as i've not actually got any SW friendly foods in and i'm at a training course all day. But that's not going to deter me. There is i think a banana and apple at home along with some sliced beef. That can be lunch. I'll have to call at supermarket on way home and buy something for tea.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks Ali :)

Exercise wise today has been great, food wise not so good. An unexpected movie night with my folks results in to much food and biscuits. Enjoyable but not a regular event so not getting too disheartened.

Now am i brave enough to run outside tomorrow or not......

Sarah thought I replied to this but can't see my answer .

My first marathon I walked and was dead last with the sweeper van following me . Decided that day I had to get faster so started running plus always entered bigger races and checked cut off times and previous years results before entering .

Have you entered a marathon. If you want any advice just give a shout I love talking running :) I am in an ultra next year doing 50 k yikes.

Teresa x

Sarah thought I replied to this but can't see my answer .

My first marathon I walked and was dead last with the sweeper van following me . Decided that day I had to get faster so started running plus always entered bigger races and checked cut off times and previous years results before entering .

Have you entered a marathon. If you want any advice just give a shout I love talking running :) I am in an ultra next year doing 50 k yikes.

Teresa x

Thanks Teresa. I have entered a marathon but its not until October 2014 so plenty of time to either train or change my mind and defer! It was one of the things on my list of things i wanted to do before i turned 30 and that never happened so want to make it happen before i turn 40. So i have 7 years. Wow a 50K that is impressive. I wonder if it's too soon to think about a 50K..... So which one are you doing?

A good day today, food and exercise wise. I'm estimating my syns as i don't have access to a syns calculator so fingers crossed i'm getting it fairly right. So far my syns are coming in at 13.5 and i'm allowing myself 15 a day to start with. I'll lower that amount as the weight comes off. And i've stuck to my 8hour window so it's all good. Yay :)

That is seriously impressive Teresa :) It'll be an incredible achievement. You'd better post pictures of yourself after you cross the finish line.

Its been another great day food and exercise wise. Food diary is fairly boring so won't post but i really do need to experiment a bit and find a decent recipe for homemade spag bol. Whenever i've tried to make my own its always tasted so bland, so when i made it yesterday i used Ragu Original and it was just a waste of syns.

Exercise for the day was 5K in 20:03 on the cross trainer, 30 kettlebell swings, 10 adapted push ups, 10 squats, 10sec plank (so hard!), 10 kettlebell Hip Raises and 20 crunches.

Total syns for the day are 11.5

Spag Bol

500g mince
1 large onion chopped finely
Tin chopped tomatoes
Mushrooms
Carrots chopped small
Celery chopped small
Beef stock pot knorr
Basil 1/4 tsp
Oregano 1/4 tsp
Thyme 1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds 1/4 tsp
Loads chopped garlic - whole bulb
Water 300ml
Table spoon tomato paste
Pepper dash

Fry onions,1/2 garlic, carrots, celery in butter/ oil till transparent .. Add mince and fry till mince browned.. Add stock pot beef ., keep frying for 1 min more, add tinned tomatoes and cook for 5 mins with lid on on low heat.. Stirring every so often.. Add water, rest of chopped garlic and herbs and simmer for 20-30 mins with lid on ., stirring every so often., taste for salt at end .. You may need a pinch of salt to bring the favour out at the end.

Back