Take 2! My New IF Journey

Was going to type virtually the same mis-behave

If you can find them the spag bol oxos are really good. I also add soe chilli flakes to give it a kick .

If you fancy using a few syns the hairy dieters spag bol is good, i use frylight and syn the wine.

That sounds so good Mis-Behave. I'm surprised at the amount of garlic you add. My partner's not keen on garlic so i would have to distracted him with something and then shove it all in! I'll look out for the spag bol oxo cubes Derbynanny, i checked Tesco but they didn't have any. I probably need to check somewhere like Home Bargains. I'm going to try it the next time i do spag bol. I had major concerns about the Ragu sauce i used. Especially when i was unable to remove the orange tint it had left on my Tupperware box... I tried leaving it to soak, putting it through the dishwasher at high heat, nothing would remove it. So i can only imagine what the inside of my stomach looks like!

Well i've had some good days and some bad days this week. Worst days were Monday and Friday this week but i have still managed to lose a pound and i'm quite happy with that. Will have to get weighed a day earlier this week as i am on my works Christmas Party Friday so will get weighed Friday morning.

I'm struggling a bit not having access to syns calculator to check for Free food etc. I bought a tin of Goblin Stewed steak and was horrified to discover that not only was it not free but it was 8.5syns!!!!! I'm not wasting 8.5syns on that. Shame really as i think the Tesco stewed steak is quite pricy.

I also need to get back on the exercise wagon. Back on track tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well i've had some good days and some bad days this week. Worst days were Monday and Friday this week but i have still managed to lose a pound and i'm quite happy with that.

Sounds like your good days outnumbered the bad! Congrats on the loss, you're doing great!

Subscribing - I have the same problem sticking to a diet...and knowing which one to stick to! I'm on slim & save for another couple of weeks but then want to start eating and exercising in the new year, but I have no idea what to do. I've tried everything in the past! But I love your determination so will be following with interest if you don't mind!

Apologies for my absence. I've been run off my feet looking after my Mum who has come down with Pleurisy, trying to get all my work done before i finish on the 18th Dec until the 6th Jan and get ready for Christmas. I can't make my mind up whether or not i'm coming down with something as well. I feel awful on a morning, ok by the afternoon but then rotten again on a evening. All diet and exercise has been put on hold so i am dreading getting back on the scales tomorrow and seeing how much i have gained this week. It's not going to be good. Because Christmas is fast approaching i had those naughty thoughts going through my head, you'll all know the ones i mean. My head keeps telling me there's no point in dieting now.... Christmas is just round the corner..... You might as well wait until the New Year... To be honest its very tempting. But i'm trying to be firm with myself and tell myself that if i do that i could easy gain another stone and then i'll have to work even harder next year! No chance. Back on the wagon from Monday. Fingers crossed.

Hello Phoenyx :) So sorry i've been awol. I don't usually like to leave it this long to update. Good luck with your last few weeks of slim and save. I've also done that but got to the point where the only shake i could stomach was the chocolate one and then it started to get really boring. I think i managed on chocolate shakes alone for about 3 weeks! I never want to see another chocolate shake again, ever! But you can't beat it for value for money. I did LighterLife a few years back and just couldn't afford to do it again this time.

Hope everyone else is good?

Sorry to hear you've had such a tough, busy, full on week x It is hard with it coming up to Christmas with all the temptation that comes with it. You can only do your best and try to make the best choices you can. I'm going to allow myself some treats but try and not see the festive period as a 3 week binge like I usually do... where if it isn't nailed down I'll eat it!! :p

How did WI go Sarah? xx

Worse than i anticipated. 3.5lbs on. I knew it would be bad but wasn't expecting that! Mind you i did eat a 3 course meal yesterday at our staff Christmas meal.

I've been to the supermarket today and got some fruit, curly wurlys and some other good stuff ready for a restart on Monday. I've decided i cannot be trusted to buy chocolate biscuits and only have my syns worth of them so i have decided to swap them for the curly wurlys. I may even stick them in the freezer so they take longer to eat. I just can't leave it until the New Year, i mean if i can gain 3.5lb in a week imagine what i could do in 3 weeks! I was going to get a few tins of Tesco Stewed Steak in gravy as i quite like them and i think they're handy for work but the tin now says "new and improved" recipe so i'm a bit worried it might not be free anymore... This is one of the problems with not going to a group or having access online. I'll have a general search and see if i can find out.

Worse than i anticipated. 3.5lbs on. I knew it would be bad but wasn't expecting that! Mind you i did eat a 3 course meal yesterday at our staff Christmas meal.

I've been to the supermarket today and got some fruit, curly wurlys and some other good stuff ready for a restart on Monday. I've decided i cannot be trusted to buy chocolate biscuits and only have my syns worth of them so i have decided to swap them for the curly wurlys. I may even stick them in the freezer so they take longer to eat. I just can't leave it until the New Year, i mean if i can gain 3.5lb in a week imagine what i could do in 3 weeks! I was going to get a few tins of Tesco Stewed Steak in gravy as i quite like them and i think they're handy for work but the tin now says "new and improved" recipe so i'm a bit worried it might not be free anymore... This is one of the problems with not going to a group or having access online. I'll have a general search and see if i can find out.

Oh bummer :( Well at least you are on it and sorting it out. Ikwym about it going on easily. I put on 7lb last year and I thought I was being good. I didn't realise you are doing SW too. xx

I'm thinking of slimming world with 1 fasting day in the new year - can't bear to count calories when I'm building up my running, and can't do more than 1 day a week fast if I'm running 5 days a week.

Which marathon are you doing in Oct?

boo to 3.5 on. :(

I'm doing the Yorkshire Marathon in York. It was a new event that started this year and its being run by the Jane Tomlinson Run for All team. I want to do London at some point in the future.

Oh bummer :( Well at least you are on it and sorting it out. Ikwym about it going on easily. I put on 7lb last year and I thought I was being good. I didn't realise you are doing SW too. xx

Yeah i decided to do SW again as its clear i cannot be trusted to calorie count as i just spend my calories on rubbish. Still i'm all set for a fresh start from tomorrow. I need to open my window an hour earlier when i'm at work otherwise i don't end up with anything to eat until i get home and then i binge on crap. I really want to have a good week. Fingers crossed.

Today went okay. I had planned to make Beef Ragu bake once i got home, but i didn't leave the office on time and by the time i got home they had made something else. When i protested that it had been made with sauce from a jar which would cost me syns they just kept on at me and in the end i was so tired i just gave in! I broke my fast at 1pm with a large orange and an apple. I had planned on having cereal as well but i just could not be bothered to go down to the kitchen to get milk for them! Oh well. I actually found the orange really filling, once i'd got past the laborious task of peeling it! I must remember to take some wet wipes to work so i can wipe my hands afterwards. Everything was sticky! I also did a 30mins walk on the treadmill, 30 kettlebell swings and 30 dumbbell arm exercises. I had planned on doing a HIIT routine on the treadmill but i couldn't find my sports bra and after attempting the first 60 sec and being concerned that i would either black my eyes or bruise my knees i just did a fast walk!

Window has now closed and predictably i'm hungry but i am not going to give in!

Do you get used to not eating until 1pm? Do you do a restricted eating window every day? I did this for a week and it went well but I'm not sure I can imagine it as a lifestyle. That said, I rarely eat before 11 so maybe an 11-7 eating window?

Really easy. I was never one for eating breakfast and i usually don't start to feel hungry until about 12 so its just a matter of keeping busy until 1 or 2ish. I find closing my window the hardest, especially at the moment as i'm not sleeping properly so i'm laying awake bored and thinking about food! I do this pretty much every day but if i'm out for lunch with friends or family i just extend my window. I think once you had reached your desired weight you could experiment as to what window length helped you maintain.

Well i've had a decent week so far. I had a few too many biscuits Tuesday night but i accounted for them out of my syns and tonight me and my partner went of a meal at Frankie and Benny's and i've eaten what remained of my syns for the week but hopefully the fact that i've been 100% all the rest of the time will mean i see some loss on Saturday.

Fasting wise i've opened my window between 1 to 2pm and have closed between 10 or 11. A couple of times it might have been a bit later.

The only thing that has not gone to plan is exercise... I'm still suffering quite badly from insomnia so i'm exhausted through the day and that's affected my motivation. I know i need to do it but i'm just too tired. I do have some sleeping pills prescribed by the doctor but the sensations i had when i first took one were just awful. They made me feel panicked. I'd like to try a herbal remedy but will have to ask at the chemist as i think i'll need to check its okay with the other meds i'm on.

On the plus side though i have now finished work and i don't go back until Monday 6th January! Woohoo!!!!

Yeah its horrible dealing with it. I don't know what to do for the best. I've pretty much rested all this week and i'm still suffering from it. Someone has suggested i just add the exercise back in and hopefully that might make me sleep better.... I'm going to give it a try from Monday. Even if i can't manage running yet i could always do some HIIT sessions and free weights. I'll nip down to the chemist after Christmas and ask the pharmacist for some advice.

So got weighed this morning and i have lost 2lbs :) I was hoping to have gotten rid of the 3.5lb i put on last week but still, its a loss. Not sure how this week will pan out as i won't be very good on Christmas Day or Boxing Day. Hopefully i'll maintain.... Fingers crossed.

Just closed my window for the day. I'm a hour late but i was driving back from York at 9pm so didn't get that last hour to eat something. Mind you all i've had is a decaf coffee and a lindt advent calender chocolate. Don't think it'll affect me too much!

Good day today. Gone over my syns by 1, mainly because i didn't realise that a solitary lindt chocolate from a calender is 4 syns! Whoops. Anyway other than that its been perfect food wise. I'm not 100% sure i'm eating enough to be honest but i'll more than make up for it on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

Have to be up stupidly early tomorrow morning to drop my Father at work and then hit Tesco for the last minute stuff. Including Christmas wrapping paper because we can't find the 4 rolls i bought at the beginning of December!!!!!

Hope everyone else is good :) Santa is nearly here ;)

Did everyone have a Merry Christmas?

Christmas has been hectic and since my folks were ill i've spent majority doing house work and stuff so not had time to update the old diary. I've taken most of Christmas off so it was with extreme caution i stepped on the scales this morning to discover i'd only gained the 2lbs so i'm quite pleased with that. I'm back on track tomorrow and have been to the supermarket today to stock up on oranges, banana's, chicken, etc. I will probably take New Years Day off as we are having a special meal out for my OH's birthday which is on the 2nd.

I'm debating whether or not to start the year as a i mean to go on and head down the ParkRun on New Years Day but i'm worried about coming in last... Stupid i know.

Hope everyone is good :)

Back on the wagon today. Didn't open my window until 3.30pm today as we had gone out to the York Sweatshop to see if we could get a pair of trainers in the sales. Turns out they didn't have the ones i want in stock and the website isn't showing them in stock in my size so i may have to give them a call to see if they have had any sent in from their stores. The lady in York said they had been told to send all their stock back for Internet sales so you never know your luck. Plus i want to ask about ordering a sports bra as the sizes they have listed are completely different to what the bra actually comes in!

The insomnia is still a complete killer. Was still awake at 6am this morning so didn't surface whilst 12 but not sure how long i can keep this up for. It's killing me. Stupid body.

Back