Satuday 31st July 2010

Breakfast
Oats So Simple Golden Syrup with Skimmed Milk
Lunch
Tesco Value Tomato Soup with a couple of Garlic and Herb Soup Croutons
Snack
No Added Sugar Strawberry Jelly
Tea
Asda Good For You Spinach and Ricotta, 1/4 pot of Napolenta Sauce with 2 slices of Extra Garlic Bread

Exercise
30 Min Walk
(Work)

Review
Today was straight back in it, I've planned all the meals for next week so no slip ups allowed. I am feeling hungry, but it's not obsessively so. Treated myself to a couple of books and DVDs, to get me motivated to continue. More exercise scheduled for tomorrow. Yip yip!
Rating = :p

Sunday 1st August 2010

Breakfast
Toffee Mullerlight
Lunch
Tesco Value Pasta in Tomato and Onion Sauce (drained most of the sauce and added the Tesco Napolenta Sauce leftover from last night - about 1/2 a small tub)
Snack
Half a Quorn Savoury Egg
Tea
Harvester: Scottish Breaded Scampi served with New Potatoes and Garden Peas. Plus 2 bowls of salad (lots of lettuce, peppers, sweetcorn, grated carrot, but also had some coleslaw, potato salad and an array of dressing, not so good :()

Exercise
Redecorating! Reassembling room!
Small walk, probably only 10 mins

Review
The meal out wasn't really a great idea. By the time we went, my stomach was growing like mad, should have had a little snack beforehand but didn't think I'd feel that ravenous when we got there, the intention was to just order salad and eat lots of fresh healthy vegetables. Instead, my eyes glanced along the menu and couldn't resist the idea of scampi. It was supposed to be served with chips, so I figured I'd try and be a little bit good and go for the new potatoes without any butter. I know it's not a lot, but I feel that was a big step for me... I'll probably pay for the meal out tomorrow, and I almost feel guilty about ordering a main meal when I scoffed down 2 bowls of salad... but I was absolutely stuffed and it was lovely. I wouldn't say I've done too bad today, overall. Oh well. Note for tomorrow: Exercise!
Rating = :giggle:

Monday 2nd August 2010

Breakfast
Mullerlight Toffee Yogurt
Harvest Chewee White Chocolate Cereal Bar
Snack
Several Breadsticks
Tea
Tesco Meat Free Garlic Kiev with Homemade Wedges (sprayed with frylight), reduced sugar and salt baked beans with broad beans, runner beans, sweetcorn and carrots.

Exercise
1hr. Walk

Review
I got up late, so therefore my breakfast was pretty much lunch. I just didn't fancy what I'd planned when it was lunchtime because I was pretty full. May have something to do with the Harvester the night before. So, not that much food today, in retrospect... I should have ate some fruit, that's a goal for tomorrow. Maybe more exercise too.
Rating = :)

Tuesday 3rd August 2010

Breakfast
Mullerlight Vanilla Yogurt
A Banana
Lunch
Light Choices Ham and Mushroom Tagliatelle
Snack
A Peach
Tea
Splendips - mini popadom and mango chutney
Light Choices Chicken Tikka Masala (w/o Yellow Rice)
1/2 Cup of Wholegrain Rice
Spinach, Carrots, Sweetcorn and Peas
Takeaway: Peshwari Naan and Mango Chutney for Dipping

Exercise
6 Min. Shakeweight DVD
10 Min. Rosemary Conley's 7 Day Workout Video
45 Min. Walk

Review
I've managed to control myself, even though I've been so peckish. My head is pounding and I can only assume this is from my previous late night, so having an early night (for me) and hoping I'll feel better tomorrow. Forgot how much I liked the Rosemary Conley workout, best time for me to do it in the morning as well. Hope to do it first thing tomorrow again. Got in 2 pieces of fruit, so I'm happy. I forgot to bring round the peshwari naan and mango chutney to my boyfriends and there weren't any in the local store, so we decided on picking it up from the Indian Takeaway... it was gorgeous and I don't feel too naughty for having it. Maybe I should.
Rating = :D

Wednesday 4th August 2010

Weigh in: 16 stone 12 lb

Breakfast
Small bowl of Wholemeal Muesli with Skimmed Milk
Snack
3 slices of Roast Chicken
Couple of Breadsticks
Lunch
Light Choices Chicken Pasta Bake with a sprinkling of onion crispies
Tea
Chicken wrapped in Bacon (fat removed) with packet Four Cheese Sauce, White pasta, tiny bit of White Rice, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Green Beans and a tablespoon of Mint Jelly
Snack
Lots of Breadsticks
WW Caramel Crunch Dessert
Mullerlight New York Cheesecake Style Yogurt
Horlicks Light with Skimmed Milk
A Peach

Exercise
6 Min. Rosemary Conley's 7 Day Workout
15 Min. LTT Advanced Workout

Review
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuungry. I really wanted more at tea, even though I felt I was pretty full. My mum and step dad had made enough for me, so I couldn't really refuse the meal. I know it would have been better with wholegrain pasta instead, but apart from that I don't think it was that bad, really. It doesn't look like a whole lot for the exercise really, but it felt a lot as I was doing it. I've got a bit of walking planned for tomorrow and booked my doctors appointment for next week to get more tablets. Also been planning a holiday for the end of August and am freaking out a bit about going off the diet... as we won't have facilities to cook our own food. Argh! :eek:
I snacked a lot today, especially on those carby breadsticks, not good, really, coulda been worse... I guess. Shouldn't be happening at all really. I'm snacking on grapes tomorrow, and that's final.
Review = :ashamed0005:

Thursday 5th August 2010

Breakfast
Ultraslim Strawberry Milkshake
Tesco Value Strawberry and White Choc Cereal Bar
Lunch
Light Choices Chicken and Broccoli Pie with Mint Jelly
Snack
Few Grapes
Couple Slices of Roast Chicken
Tea
Starter: Corn on the Cob with a very light layer of melted Flora Light
Main:1 Quorn Peppered Steak with Homemade Chips and Roasted Parsnips, Fried Egg (with Frylight) and half an Onion (fried in frylight), Tablespoon of Garden Peas - sauces to dip chips, ketchup, BBQ sauce.
Dessert: Mullerlight Strawberry Cheesecake Yogurt with A Meringue crumbled in
Snack
Couple Slices of Roast Chicken
WW Caramel Shortbread
5 Celery Sticks, dipped in Extra Light Salad Cream

Exercise
10 Min. Rosemary Conley's 7 Day Workout
15 Min. Claire Sweeney - Perfect Fit DVD
1 hr. 30 min. Walk

Review
Wow, it looks like so much food, and yet I feel like I'm not quite full. I don't know if it's the extra exercise or it's because of general boredom, maybe a mixture of the two. Well, hopefully it won't make too much of an impact on the scales. I'd say I was in my fat and calorie allowance. See how it all goes tomorrow.
Rating = :rolleyes:

Friday 6th August 2010

Breakfast
Medium Bowl of Wholewheat Muesli with Skimmed Milk
Lunch
WW Chicken and Dumplings Casserole served with Asparagus, Carrots and Spinach
Snack
No Added Sugar Strawberry Jelly
Tea
Corn on the Cob, 1 Light Choices Cheese and Chive Baked Potato and small can of Asda Reduced Salt and Sugar Beans
Snack
Handful of Pretzels

Exercise
10 Min. Rosemary Conley 7 Day Workout Video
30 Min. Walk

Review
I feel bad about today, not sure why. It doesn't seem like I did that bad, I resisted a jam doughnut... maybe it's because I'm not going to bed hungry, due to the late night pretzels. See how everything goes tomorrow.
Rating = :confused:

That sounds like a pretty good day to me!...it looks like you've had lots of veg, and beans, which keep you feeling fuller for longer, so that's probably why you weren't hungry at bed time (along with the pretzels ;))
As long as you were within your calorie and fat allowances, I wouldn't worry :)

Thank you Alex. It was just a bit of a weird day, really. Today was much worse!

Saturday 7th August 2010

Breakfast
2 Slices of Wholemeal Nimble Bread with a thin layer of Marmite
Mullerlight Toffee Yogurt
Lunch
Light Choices Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Mango Chutney
Snack
WW Country Vegetable Soup
Tea
Garlic Doughball
Asda Good For You Sweet Chilli Battered Chicken with Wholegrain Rice, Peas, Sweetcorn and Prawn Crackers
Dessert/Snack
Maple and Pecan Plait
Malibu with Sugar Fee Lemonade

Exercise
6 Min. Shakeweight Workout
30 Min. Walk
30 Min. Stretch and Tone Workout
(Work)

Review
Pecan Plait and Booze! Seeing it written down doesn't make it seem as bad as I felt it was. Still not good though. Lots of exercise, that's a plus.
Rating = :sigh:

Baaaaad, so so bad. I really don't want to write this all down. Major binge, all my doing.

Sunday 8th August

Lunch
2 Light Choices Egg and Cress Sandwich
Snack
3 Mini Chocolate Doughnuts
Tea
Sweet Chilli Stir Fry - Chicken, Fry Light, Peppers, Beansprouts, Carrots, Cabbage, Sweet Chilli Sauce with Stir Fry Topper
Snack :sigh:
Strawberry and Grape Mini Flan with Double Cream and 2 Sponge Fingers...
6 Mini Chocolate Doughnuts
3 Further Sponge Fingers
3 Packets of Walkers Jamaican Jerk Crisps
1 Croissant

Exercise
1 hr 30 min. Walk

Review
Do I really need to put down how disappointed in myself I am. Even as I say this I still feel like eating. I've had a normal day, maybe a bit stressful but nothing big. I've come on, so that may have affected me... that and not eating breakfast. Just feel a bit like a bottomless pit. It's awful. EUGH. I wanna get straight back to it tomorrow, I'm going to a water park so hopefully I won't get mistaken for a some sort of washed up, stranded whale in my current state. Bad day.
Rating = :break_diet:

hiya - ive just read your diary and think youre doing great! u seem to be able to fit in so much more than me with you allowances lol!
also - i love the layout you have done with it and im going to steal your "rating" idea and use it on my diary if thats ok!!

keep up the good work n stay strong!

xcx

Thanks Claire :eek: Fitting things in, sneaking things in - trying to sort out reducing my intake... of fat and calories. I'm losing weight, but I want it to be a change for life, so it's taking time to sort out my bad habits. I've had quite a few episodes with the Tango-ing, unfortunately, so I'm not one to emulate. (I don't feel I'm doing too great, or maybe that's just my feelings around the past couple of days.) You can definitely use the rating system, I think I'd seen it from someone else on a different site so yeah, not original at all. I stole it, so you can defo steal it as well :D

Anyway, thanks again. It does make me feel more motivated, thinking that other people actually read this (I know it sounds weird, being on a forum and everything, but I end up getting stuck in the mentality of it being a diary, talking to myself) so it's good to hear positive feedback, exactly what I need when I'm being pessimistic with myself. Will check out your diary too :)

Monday 9th August

Breakfast
Ski Smooth Yogurt Strawberry
Oats So Simple Golden Syrup with Skimmed Milk
Snack
Strawberry/Cherry Slush
Lunch
Plain Jacket Potato with Baked Beans (Fast Food)
Snack
1 Quorn Savoury Egg
Tea
White Spaghetti with Half a Can of Sweetcorn and Half a Can of Tuna (canned in Sunflower Oil - I know, bad! But it's all my boyfriend's house had) mixed with Salad Cream.
1 KFC Chicken Drumstick - with Skin (No, No, No!)
Snack
Splendips - Poppadoms and Mango Chutney

Exercise
10 Min. Rosemary Conley's 7 Day Workout Video
1 hr. Walk
10 Min. Yogalates DVD

Review
I can't decide if today was a success or not. I'm not going to bed hungry again, due to having the Splendips so late. So that's good, but also makes me wonder if I should be hungry... another day out tomorrow. Going to a water activity centre, swimming pools, lots of slides and rides with 6 kids (including my boyfriend, big kid that he is.) So, exercise there, just need to make some healthy choices when eating out. We were out walking a lot today, managed to get my face and chest burned, and not my arms and legs which were more clearly on display, can never tan them. No one ran or screamed at the sight of me at the water park so that was good. Hope I have similar success tomorrow. Had a horrible incident today with side effects which I can only assume was from the bad things I ate yesterday. Has scared me off for a while..
Rating = :hmm:

Tuesday 10th August

Breakfast
Ski Smooth Raspberry Yogurt
Snack
Innocent Mango and Passionfruit Smoothie (250ml)
Lunch
A Whole Punnet of Grapes :eek:
Tea
Light Choices Sausage and Mash served with Asparagus, Cauliflower, Carrots and a generous serving of Mint Jelly
Dessert
Mullerlight New York Style Cheesecake Yogurt with Meringue crumbled on top
Snack
6 Breadsticks

Exercise
Water Rides/Swimming (approx. 2hrs.)
15 Min. LTT Powerhouse Workout
6 Min. Shakeweight Workout

Review
I'm absolutely exhausted, as I should be, the water centre was amazing, I had a go on quite a few, was totally packed so long queues. Saw the most amazing restaurant, buffet world... with Chinese, Indian, Italian, Thai and Mexican food all in the buffet. Smelt so good! Had a bit of a funny day with food. No set lunch, and breakfast was rushed. Then I was trying very hard not to snack later on, but gave in to some thin slightly salted breadsticks rather than the sweet popcorn and pastries everyone else was having. Had lots to drink, maybe just to reflect the miserable weather, rain rain rain. I'm content, and am yawning lots so off to bed for me.
Rating = :)

Wednesday 11th August

Breakfast
Healthy Living Muesli with Skimmed Milk
Lunch
Subway Salad - Plain Chicken Breast, Lettuce, Sweetcorn, Olives, Gherkin, Peppers and Carrots with Sweet Onion and Sweet Chilli Sauce.
Tea
Salad - Lettuce, Peppers, Celery and Sweetcorn served with
Less Than 2% Fat Honey and Mustard Dressing
Tablespoon of Coronation Chicken - Cooked Chicken, Extra Light Mayo, WW Creme Fraiche, Curry Powder and Mango Chutney
Potato Salad - New Potatoes mixed with Extra Light Mayo, WW Creme Fraiche and Bacon Bits
Dessert
2 Maoam Chew Sticks

Exercise
2 hr. Walk

Review
Had my first monthly doctor's appointment, she said that I'd lost 9lb, so I must have been a lb more when I weighed in there or a lb less than I did on my bathroom scales. Hard to tell, as the one in my doctor's is in KGs. I'm happy with that. Not enough exercise for my liking, but it wasn't like I haven't done any. Day off. Lots of veg!
Rating = :p

Last edited:
Well done on your 9lb off:happy096:

I love your mood rating as well:)

Your exercise is very impressive.

Thank you! :D This is just the beginning.
In the past, I've always wondered how people could enjoy exercise and get motivated enough to add in multiple examples of it during the day, but I'm starting to get it, it's not overly hard to do 10 minutes here or there, and the rush you get just spurs on more physical activity. Clever things those endorphins.
Actually, I think I stole the mood rating idea mainly from LiveJournal, not a conscious decision, just thought it was a good idea to put how I was feeling that day for future reference.
I think a lot of my success this past month is due to writing this diary here, so thanks MiniMins for existing :)

In the past, I've always wondered how people could enjoy exercise and get motivated enough to add in multiple examples of it during the day, but I'm starting to get it, it's not overly hard to do 10 minutes here or there, and the rush you get just spurs on more physical activity. Clever things those endorphins.

I am always amazed how forgiving the my body is...its been a while since I have done exercising and walking and found it difficult to get motivated but started off doing a little here and there and you are right those 'clever endorphins' are great once they kick in.

I did a 30 minute walk this morning at seven:chores016:and I could see a huge improvement already.

A diary is a very useful tool to keeping you on track and it is a good record to look back on and see just how far you have traveled on your weight loss and fitness journey.

Hey, I have just joined the site and your posts are great :) I have a feeling they are really going to help me! we seem to have the same food idea's and are both on the same pills. I keep a blog also if you're interested.. Link is in my signature, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your meal ideas :) xx

Mini: I have tried in the past to keep a diary, but it's always been in a book underneath my pillow and I make excuses or forget, so end up giving it in. So, I'm really proud of myself for sticking with this, for confessing everything. Even though I woke up at 7 this morning, I can't imagine getting up to exercise :p Far too lazy to be up and about at that time. Good on you and well done on the weight you've lost.

Laughingitoff: Thanks :) I think it's important to keep a record for when I'm at goal, and I can look back on. I'm afraid I can't see any link or anything to your blog, but I'll look it up. It's nice to know my attempts at cooking could be inspiration. I look forward to seeing you around the forums! Congrats on the weightloss so far :happy036:

Back