Lots of Grapes
3 Breadsticks
A Couple of Gummy Sweets
1 Square of Chocolate

Exercise
1 hr. Walk
15 Min. Claire Sweeney's Perfect Fit Workout

Review
I sort of wanted to do more exercise but it was just getting too late. Was very peckish during the evening.
Rating = :)

Last edited:
Friday 13th August 2010

I had a bit of a day off today, totally overdid it, so forgive me.

Breakfast
2 Slices of WW Malted Bread, Light Layer of Mango Chutney and a Sprinkling of Half Fat Mature Cheese
Ski Smooth Raspberry Yogurt
Lunch
Quorn Lemon and Black Pepper Escalopes with Wholegrain Rice and Roasted Peanut Satay Sauce
Snack
Pork Crackling
Tea
Pork Slices, Stuffing Balls, 1 Roast Potato, Potatoes, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Peas, Sweetcorn and Gravy
Snack
2 Mini Packets of Gummy Sweets
2 Maple and Pecan Plaits
4 Rich Tea Biscuits
1/2 a Gluten Free Chocolate Cookie
1 Angel Delight Ice Lolly

Exercise
1 hr. Walk

Review
I had a day off work, and I knew I wouldn't be able to control myself at home all evening, bored. I should have. It could have been a turning point, but I'm too weak willed :ashamed0005: It could have been worse but I had a bit of a 'all or nothing' attitude towards snacking today. Work again tomorrow. I need to get motivated again. Back on the straight and narrow.
Rating = :break_diet:

Saturday 14th August 2010

Breakfast
Slimfast Vanilla Milkshake
Ski Smooth Strawberry Yogurt
Lunch
Light Choices Spaghetti and Meatballs
Snack
No Added Sugar Strawberry Jelly
Light Choices Salt and Vinegar Potato Thins
1 Portion of Chips (Take Away)
Handful of Kebab Meat with Mayo
Maple and Pecan Plait
Tea
1 Chicken Fillet Baked in Good For You Sweet and Sour Sauce
Wholegrain Rice
Mange Tout, Mini Corns, Beansprouts, Garden Peas and Sweetcorn
Prawn Crackers
Tesco Value Sweet and Sour Sauce

Exercise
10 Min. Morning Workout
15 Min. Helped Set Up Tent
(Work)

Review
I was soooo hungry by the time I could get tea, which was nearly 11pm. So, I caved in at around 9pm to the gurgling in my stomach and binged. I know it was wrong, especially to have food after that when my partner came home, but I'd got myself into a state. I don't particularly regret it, even though I probably should. But these things are going to happen I suppose.
Rating = :eek:

Hi Chinese lover2, just want to say thanks for the detailed posts, i start tomorrow and am very anxious - however reading your posts has helped me to put together a few meal plans. so thanks again :)

Hey Spudsbit, Welcome to Xenical :) - Just as long as you don't take it too literally. I have some bad habits, ones which I'm trying to change. But I suppose there are some good meals in there somewhere. I don't measure fat or calories at the moment but I try and keep to the 5g rule... hoping to get better, as I've been a bit lax of late. It's lovely to hear that I'm giving you some inspiration. Rooting for you!

Sunday 15th August 2010

Breakfast
Slimfast Vanilla Milkshake
Lunch
Light Choices Prawn Mayo Sandwich
Vitamin Water Dragonfruit Flavour
Tea
Starter = Corn on the Cob
Main = Veggie Pizza - Base = Plain White Flour, Yeast, Sweetener, Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil, Water and Salt (placed Extra Light Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese inbetween 2 thin layers of dough)
Topping = Tomato Puree mixed with Hellmans BBQ Sauce, Slices of Healthy Living Mozzarella, Peppers, Sweetcorn, Spinach, Sliced Olives, Garlic, Onions and Grated Half Fat Mozzarella
Dessert
Maple and Pecan Plait
Iced Finger Bun

Exercise
45 Min. Walk
15 Min. Workout (with Exercise Ball)

Review
The workout was only a last minute thing and I don't really like doing them without an exercise tape or DVD to follow along with, don't feel I push myself hard enough, so I don't know if it made any difference, oh well. I'm planning on doing my Rosemary Conley Workout from tomorrow, so that'll be alright. Possibly another 10 minute one on top of that, if I feel like it. The dessert wasn't very good... but the rest of it was okay, I think. The first time I've made pizza successfully, so was quite happy with that, just hope it had less calories in than ones I could have bought. Didn't taste bad at all. I feel my efforts today were ruined a bit because of the dessert fiasco, I feel I would do so much better if I lived on my own, at least I wouldn't have temptation lying around.
Rating = :(

Monday 16th August 2010

Breakfast
Mullerlight Vanilla Yogurt
Lunch
Light Choices Egg and Cress Mayo Sandwich
Vitamin Water Dragonfruit (Power-C)
Snack
Quorn Savoury Egg
1 Small Slice of Apple Pie
Can of Regular Coke
Tea
Lots of Wholegrain Spaghetti and Beanfeast Bolognese
Dessert
Small Slice of Strawberry Cheesecake
Maple and Pecan Plait
5 Fresh Olives Stuffed with Garlic

Exercise
(Nursery)
30 Min. Walk
10 Min. Rosemary Conley's 7 Day Workout Video
10 Min. Claire Sweeney's Perect Fit WW Workout DVD
4 Min. Shakeweight Workout DVD

Review
I'm so angry at myself, I told myself no snacking at night, to just nip it in the bud before I start getting in the routine again and just give up on my weight loss, like I always do. But I still couldn't say no to those pastries, and my favourite dessert, all which my family bring home. They really don't help. Part of me wants to show them, wants to rub it in there faces that I can do it and another is just wondering who cares, because they don't seem to understand or want to help. This may be why obesity has crept up on them too. Denial, boredom... I want to be the one to break the chain to spur on my family. I don't know how to get motivated and determined again. I suppose having a good long look in the mirror... or seeing any sort of photographic evidence of my sheer size should shock me enough. I am going to do it! I need to.
Rating = :mad:

Tuesday 17th August 2010

Breakfast
Slimfast Strawberry Milkshake
Lunch
Healthier Choice Sweet Chilli Chicken Noodle Salad
Healthier Choice Strawberry Mousse
Tea
Chicken and Parma Ham Pasta Bake - Tesco Value Pasta Sauce, Wholegrain Fusilli Pasta, Chicken, Parma Ham, Onion, Sweetcorn, Grated Wholegrain Baguette and Half Fat Mature Cheddar Cheese.
Dessert
1/2 an Echo Falls White Zinfandel Spritzer
1 Echo Falls Chardonnay Spritzer

Exercise
2 hr. Walk
30 Min. Beverley Callard Real Results Workout Video

Review
I'm exhausted, I went hunting for exercise videos today, thought that may spur some enthusiasm for exercise, got 6. A couple of them seem alright, did 1 of them this evening. I've been terribly gassy :eek: I don't know if that's from the spritzers or something else. I'm happy about everything today, I think I did okay.
Rating = :p

hey - sounds like you had a great day yesterday :) well done :) what day do you weigh in?

xcx

Hey Claire, I don't really have a set day, I weigh in when I feel any difference in my weight or if I'm losing perspective and need a bit of a reminder why I'm doing this. I've stayed the same for a while, at 16 stone 11 lb, I totally understand why, I've been pretty awful lately and haven't been so up with my exercise, but no gain, so that's okay. I suppose if I did have a set day, I might stick to things a bit more... but I sort of want to do it all in my own time. Not a race, I'm going to get there one day. Hope you've been doing alright :)

Wednesday 18th August 2010

Breakfast
Belvita Breakfast Biscuits - Cereal and Milk
Lunch
Healthier Choice Sweet Chilli Chicken Noodle Salad
Tea
Chicken Curry - Chicken Pieces, Light Choices Non-Fat Bio Yogurt, Extra Light Mayo, Mango Chutney, Chilli Powder and Mild Curry Powder.
Wholemeal Rice
Sliced Peppers, Runner Beans, Garden Peas and Sweetcorn
1/2 a Peshwari Naan
3 Onion Bhajis (Based on the recipe that Alex gave - thank you) - Fry Light, Finely Chopped Organic Onions, 2 Grated Potatoes mixed with a mixture of Egg, Mango Chutney, Mixed Herbs, Plain Flour and Extra Light Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese
2 Popadoms
Dessert
WW Lemon Meringue Dessert

Exercise
45 Min. Walk
10 Min. Rosemary Conley's 7 Day Workout

Review
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge tea. I was so so so stuffed, but a couple hours later still managed to down a dessert, don't know whether to class today as a success or not. I certainly enjoyed it, don't have a lot of hope for tomorrow... Getting my A Level result so we're going out to celebrate. I'll try and control myself, I don't want any side effects!
Rating = :confused:

hey! sounds like youre doing well again :) i would class as a success!!! im a total scale hopper so for me it best to have a set day else id be on n off the bloody thing 24 times in a day!! 16st 10 was my start weight - so we were pretty much the same. i have no clue in hell how, but im 3 lbs down since monday :) and ive eaten like a pig :S very odd, but very pleased too lol!! good luck with ur results!! let us know how you do!!!

xcx

Thursday 19th August 2010

Breakfast
Snack
Light Choices Raspberry Fruit Bites
Light Choices Cheese and Onion Potato Thins
Lunch
Light Choices Prawn Mayo Sandwich
Philadelphia Breadstick Snack Pot
Tea
Dominos: Large Veggie Supreme (w/o Mushrooms) with BBQ Sauce base, Half Fat Cheese and a Thin Crust.
1 Large Glass of Champagne
2 Larges Glasses of Malibu and Diet Coke
Snack
2 Handfuls of Cheese Tortilla Chips

Exercise
1 Hr. Walk

Review
The pizza was luuuuuurvly, I tried to make it as good as possible. I'm all tangoey today though, so oh well. I weighed in this morning and still 16 Stone 11 lb... despite all that I had yesterday, seem to be stuck on that number. The August challenge is definitely not going to get that 12lb out of me. A very slow month for me, going to be even slower because of holiday from the 29th until the 2nd. I'm thinking I'll just go off the tablets that week, get lots of exercise and watch what I eat.
Rating = :rolleyes:

eeeek - the dreaded tango!! :( dominos is irresistable though! damn them for their yummy, yummy foood!

xcx

And Tango I did. Even worse (in terms of the diet), me and my boyfriend have our 2 year anniversary coming up... so he's being really lovely and buying me outfits and taking me out for a meal on Sunday; he's been so supportive, watching what he eats too, so August will definitely not be the month to pull of a very optimistic 12lb loss. Oh well ;)

Friday 20th August 2010

Breakfast
Tesco Value Muesli with UHT Skimmed Milk
Lunch
Light Choices Sweet Chilli Chicken Noodles
Snack
Handful of Grapes
Tea
Slim-a-Soup Chicken and Sweetcorn
Quorn Cottage Pie (1 Portion - usually get the large one that could serve 2 and eat until I'm full but this one was tiny!) with Mint Jelly
Snack
Light Choices Potato Thins

Exercise
30 Min. Walk
(Work - totally and utterly knackered me out today)

Review
I was wondering if I should add in a drink section to this diary... not so much about what I drink but I suppose it's mostly about the quantities. I should probably drink a lot more than I do. I know that it plays a part in weight loss, so maybe I will do that, then again, the amount of sleep I get has an influence... there's a lot of contributing factors.
Anyway, back to my commentary for yesterday (as am writing this the morning after) I was just so exhausted after work, I managed to munch on a packet of crisps while watching something on tele and went straight to bed. I was gone as soon as my head hit the pillow. Food was great today, I was feeling a little light headed during the first couple of hours of work, but they gave me my break early so after a few grapes and a drink I was okay.
Rating = :angel09:

Saturday 21st August 2010

Weigh in: 16 Stone 10 lb

Breakfast
Mullerlight New York Style Cheesecake Yogurt
Lunch
2 Slices of Wholemeal Nimble Bread, lightly fried (with frylight), Light Choices Baked Beans and Fried Onions (with frylight)
Snack
10 Calorie Tomato Soup
No Added Sugar Strawberry Jelly Pot
Tea
Light Choices Sweet and Sour Chicken with White Rice
1/4 Sachet of Lemon and Coriander Cous Cous
A Cup of Peas and Sweetcorn
Snack
2 Handfuls of Maltesers
1/4 Packet of Cheese Flavoured Tortilla Chips
3 Handfuls of Sweet Microwave Popcorn

Exercise
14 Min. Rosemary Conley's 5 Day Fat Burner
22 Min. Rosemary Conley's 7 Day Slim Down
25 Min. Walk
(Work)

Review
I feel bad about the binge but I did do quite a bit of exercise too. So, I probably just cancelled out all my good work from yesterday. This is what happens when my little brother brings in snacks for the whole family while we're sat down watching X Factor. I just don't end up controlling myself.
Rating = :sign0007:

Sunday 22nd August 2010

Tea
Buffet Restaurant: 1 Mini Onion Bhaji, 1 Vegetable Samosa, 1 Chunk of Chicken Tikka, 6 Mini Ribs, 4 Vegetable Spring Rolls, 2 Spoonfuls of Crispy Beef, 1/2 a Spoonful of Potato Salad, 5 Onion Rings, 2 Prawn Crackers, 1 Spoonful of Chips, 1/2 a Burger, 3 Bites of a Plain Naan Bread, 1 Bite of a Mini Chicken Fajita with a dashing of Sour Cream, 2 Heaped Spoonfuls of Pilau Rice, 1 Spoonful of Boiled Rice, 2 Spoonfuls of Lamb Korma, 2 Spoonfuls of Sweet and Sour Chicken, 1 thin slice of Cheese and Tomato Pizza, 1 Spoonful of Beansprout Salad, 2 Spoonfuls of Sweetcorn and Pepper Salad, 1/2 a Roast Potato and 2 Spoonfuls of Chow Mein.
Condiments: Sweet Chilli, Ketchup and Mango Chutney
Desserts: 1 Small Slice of Strawberry Gateau, 2 Bites of a Very Rich Chocolate Sponge Cake and 2 Ramekin Dishes full of Ice Cream with Strawberry Syrup, 1 Shortbread Finger, 5 Milk Bottle, 2 Gummy Fried Eggs and 3 Gem Tots.

Exercise
21 Min. Rosemary Conley's 7 Day Slim Down Workout Video
10 Min. Rosemary Conley's 5 Day Fat Burner Workout Video
(1 Hr. Housework)

Review
I packed a week's worth of food in me, and I was stuffed when I came out. I truly believe if you're paying a set amount for an all you can eat buffet, then you need to get your money's worth, so I saved myself for the evening. I know I went way over any sort of calorie and fat allowance I was trying to stick to, but it was nice... was a good evening. I tried to counter act the food consumption with a bit of exercise so hopefully it won't take too much for my body to get back on track, working off whatever I've put it through the past couple of nights. Mmm, can go to bed quite happy.
Rating = :zz:

Monday 23rd August 2010

Breakfast
Small Glass of Skimmed Milk
Lunch
Light Choices Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Mango Chutney
Mullerlight New York Cheesecake Yogurt
Snack
1/2 Quorn Savoury Egg
Tea
3 Turkey Dinosaurs, 2 Handfuls of McCains 5% Fat Oven Chips, Peas, Sweetcorn and Light Choices Baked Beans

Exercise
6 Min. Shakeweight Workout
30 Min. Walk

Review
I got the side effects from the buffet in the evening, which were so bad. I've decided to come off the tablets from tomorrow so that I don't get anything when I go on hols, I won't have any facilities to cook so relying on meals out, try and be as healthy as I can. Today wasn't too bad, felt like I should have done more exercise but because the tango-ing was so bad I didn't want to risk it.
Rating = :)

lol!!! im salvating reading your food from the buffet lol! im having eat smart chicken tikka masala tonight - yummy!!

it doesnt matter if you pig out when ur out to eat in my opinion - lifes too short to be miserable and restrictive when out n about! it only becomes a problem if you eat out alot i think - then u gotta watch!!

xcx

Claire - When I tried making the tikka masala with turkey it went a bit wrong, it was sat cooking for nearly 2 hours because I wanted it as soon as I got home but had to wait, turkey was awfully dry but the quorn was perfect. Hope yours turned out better :p I agree that life is too short! Might as well enjoy it, just obviously not enough we end up making it shorter, all in moderation, I suppose. Ooooh, by the way, my name's Carol, just incase you were wondering.

Anyway, being off the tablets have already made me feel like I could get away with anything. Bad, I'm not in holiday mode yet! I'll just put the past couple of days on the same thread, make it easier.

Tuesday 24th August 2010

Breakfast
Tea
1 Chicken Kiev
1/2 a Portion of Takeaway Chips
1 Ave. Can of Heinz Baked Beans
Snacks
Large White Wine Spritzer
1 Chocolate Croissant
WW Lemon Meringue Dessert
Handful of Liquorice
2 Squares of Galaxy Chocolate

Exercise
None!

Wednesday 25th August 2010

Breakfast
Lunch
Light Choices Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Mango Chutney
Snack
1 Packet of Skips
Tea
3 Asda Fish Cakes
1 Large Portion of Takeaway Chips
2 Spoonfuls of Baked Beans

Exercise
8 Min. Thin Thighs in 30 Days Video
6 Min. Shakeweight Workout DVD
15 Min. Rosemary Conley's 5 Day Fat Burner Video
22 Min. Rosemary Conley's 7 Day Slim Down Video

Review
Well, it's been a funny ol' couple of days. I've had a lot of chips! :eek: Bad chips, even if they taste so good. I've done my shopping for the camping trip, got loads of little low fat treats, so hopefully that will help limit the damage, on the bank balance and on my waist line. I've bought a couple of little bottles of wine, ones where they're only really made for one person, one serving... the light choices ones, so I won't overdo it. I want to have fun too, but I'm hoping I'm going to be able to do this eat practically the same as everyone else, just mine be better for me. I've been playing around with the idea of doing WW along with the xenical when I start up again next week. I've never been to a meeting, but the light choices products have the WW points on them... and I do buy WW stuff anyway. So it won't be too much of a change, just sticking to a number. I suppose I may give it a go, for now... I need to remember I'm not on holiday yet, so I don't have to eat like it. Exercise is good though for Weds, I'm gonna miss not being able to do my tapes while I'm away! What am I saying?! :confused:
Rating = :(

Thursday 27th August 2010

Breakfast
Tesco ISB All Butter Croissant
Lunch
4 Slices of WW malted bread, thin layer of Sunflower Spread on 2 slices, 4 Vegetable Fingers with Tomato Ketchup
Snack
3 Tesco Finest ISB White Choc Cookies with a small glass of Skimmed Milk
1 Packet of Walkers Steak and Onion Crisps
Tea
Egg Fried Rice - White Long Grain Rice, Peas, Sweetcorn and Chopped Peppers, 2 Eggs, fried in the wok with Rapeseed Oil
1/3 pack of Shredded Chilli Beef (from Chinese)
4 Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls, 1/2 a small pot of Sweet and Sour sauce and a 1/3 pack of Chicken Chow Mein

Exercise
1 1/2 Hr. Walk
8 Min. Thin Thighs in 30 Days Workout Video
10 Min. Rosemary Conley's 5 Day Fat Burner Workout Video

Review
Not entirely sure why I do it to myself... just couldn't seem to stop. Anything to get out of coursework :rolleyes: So very tired now though. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, even if I have got work.
Rating = :break_diet:

Back