Taking the plunge!

yes i agree, its only a small amount of time and if it kickstarts the losses then im all for it! i've got nothing planned next week after this meal on friday so i'll definitely focus my time on doing it then. will seriously consider doing atkins before juddding again though to see if that helps! its always worked for mem in the past so im hoping that even if it gets a couple of lbs extra off then it'll be worth it! xx

yeah if it works why not :) Give me an example of what you would eat on the atkins tho chick xx

i usually have bacon, eggs, chicken, fish, any meats really but be careful with things like sausages as they are processed and can have higher carbs than other meats and burgers with onion in can contain more carbs, go for 100% beef ones instead. you can have steaks, chicken thighs everything protein based really but the fat is crucial to losing weight, it feels wrong that you're having it but thats how it works by keeping your body in ketosis.

a typical menu for me would be sausage (as low carb as poss), bacon and eggs for breakfast then chicken salad or chicken thighs or ham and cheese omelette for lunch then cheeseburgers or cauliflower cheese for dinner. the menus dont look great as you cant have steak and chips, you can only have the steak lol but for a few days, its worth pushing on with it and more substantial than just having shakes. you basically have 20g carbs allowance a day and eat as much fat and protein with it. things like mayo and butter are all allowed on it too! xx

wowzers!!! sounds lush!!! and cheese?

wowzers!!! sounds lush!!! and cheese?

yep most dairy, butter, eggs, cheese plus things like pork chops, lamb shanks because they are all cuts of meat :) there's an atkins forum on here too so that may help you to have a nose and see what's what, they usually have stickys explaining what you can and cant have. the only drawback as i mentioned earlier is that the food you would normally have with chips, potatoes etc has to be eaten either alone or with salad such as burgers without the bun, steak without chips or a side roll! its quite testing but if you can set yourself menus, at least you're having food! the forum also has recipes too which you might find useful but i tend to treat it as a diet and just have a piece of chicken on its own then some bacon and eggs later, bit random but i like to stick with what i know!

also, just to warn you, it can be expensive, this is another reason i only do it for a week because buying all that meat really adds up! xx

ahhh sounds good tho but seriously need to use up my CD shakes first before anything. I have an appointment with CD lady saturday morning xxxx

fab! hope she helps you stick to it for that period of time, i dont know how long i'll last but maybe if i set myself a target of just 5 days then that'll help me push through instead of thinking of it as a full week! xx

lumpyandbumpy said:
fab! hope she helps you stick to it for that period of time, i dont know how long i'll last but maybe if i set myself a target of just 5 days then that'll help me push through instead of thinking of it as a full week! xx

Yeah babes that a good idea I'm really finding it ok the moment but it's only day one xxx
My starting weight at home scales is 10st 10lbs :(

what are u at the moment I've lost track I know mumma wants to get below 11 x

Yeah babes that a good idea I'm really finding it ok the moment but it's only day one xxx
My starting weight at home scales is 10st 10lbs :(

what are u at the moment I've lost track I know mumma wants to get below 11 x

i've got to 8.13 last week at my weigh in but if i want to be back there tmrw i'm having to have double DDs, today is my 2nd so i need to get another 1lb off to stay the same. its frustrating as my weight is still hovering in the 9s, if i was at 8.10 i wouldnt mind a 2lbs gain after the ups as i know i'd be 'safe' in the 8s. that's why i want to push to get my last half stone off then maintain it!

how much are u hoping to get off with CD hun? xx

Ahhhh !!! Just been catching up! I was gonna start cd today but too hungover lol so gonna start tomoro lol!! Im thinking of doing ss+ so i can eat at eves so my oh isnt suspicious.... ( i dont wana tell him im back on it!!!!) but i spose the wkend will catch me out anyway?? Gonna enjoy my last day of eating today!!!
How are we all?? Xx

i'll be right behind you on saturday! going to use my shakes until they run out on tuesday then will weigh and see what i want to do. my mothers got some old shakes too, mainly tetras so i could use some of those if i wanted to push through til friday then i'll see how i feel about doing atkins for a week. really hoping for a decent loss and that i dont put on too much when coming back to juddd again! xx

hey guys glad were all in this together should be able to get through it easier. I feel fine today hoping it lasts!! Im hoping to get to 10st if im honest so loose about 10lbs then i will be over the mooooooooooon :)

yeah i really hope it works for us all, if we get that bit closer to where we want to be it'll defo help! im tempted to even do a stint on CD once a month up til christmas to see if it helps with shifting a few extra lbs! xx

yeah know what you mean honey..................imagine if it doesnt work tho!!! Our metabolisms are mangled :eek:

yeah know what you mean honey..................imagine if it doesnt work tho!!! Our metabolisms are mangled :eek:

god i know! im quite worried about the to-ing and fro-ing with these diets on our bodies. my mum's got underactive thyroid and recently i've started experiencing symptoms myself. i always thought i'd end up with thyroid problems myself as both my mothers parents had it too but i think maybe doing CD has brought it on. im going to the doc next week to see if they'll test me for it. i must be mad going back to cd for a week! xx

god i know! im quite worried about the to-ing and fro-ing with these diets on our bodies. my mum's got underactive thyroid and recently i've started experiencing symptoms myself. i always thought i'd end up with thyroid problems myself as both my mothers parents had it too but i think maybe doing CD has brought it on. im going to the doc next week to see if they'll test me for it. i must be mad going back to cd for a week! xx

Babe I have a underactive thyroid and im on thyroxine have been for years diet doesnt really make a difference if you have then you do but it can gradually get worse over time!!! My mum had underactive and now she has overactive (keep wondering when im gonna get overactive looool)

Just makes loosing weight harder along with the other things xx

Babe I have a underactive thyroid and im on thyroxine have been for years diet doesnt really make a difference if you have then you do but it can gradually get worse over time!!! My mum had underactive and now she has overactive (keep wondering when im gonna get overactive looool)

Just makes loosing weight harder along with the other things xx

my friend's mum has overactive and she's really slim, typical the type i'm likely to have will be the one that can slow weight loss down! defo need to get tested tho, did u find that thyroxine made a difference when u started taking it? im finding im having to have naps when i get home from work as im really sluggish, my hands are freezing, my skin has gone really dry and ive just got no energy. i thought that eating again would help but im finding ive gone backwards! xx

my friend's mum has overactive and she's really slim, typical the type i'm likely to have will be the one that can slow weight loss down! defo need to get tested tho, did u find that thyroxine made a difference when u started taking it? im finding im having to have naps when i get home from work as im really sluggish, my hands are freezing, my skin has gone really dry and ive just got no energy. i thought that eating again would help but im finding ive gone backwards! xx

classic examples honey. I had to really push my doctor he was useless. They dont make that much difference and they never get the dosage right but im better than i used to be at school. Get tired really easy and cold alot also tho x

classic examples honey. I had to really push my doctor he was useless. They dont make that much difference and they never get the dosage right but im better than i used to be at school. Get tired really easy and cold alot also tho x

thats exactly how i feel, at first i thought it may have been lack of exercise as i literally did nothing when i was on CD but every time i intend to go jogging or put the dvd on, i find i end up having a nap instead! got an appt boked with the doctor and shes a really good one so im hoping that she'll at least take a blood test for me to see whether it is a problem xx

First shake down day too love the shakes xx

Back